The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of a great year... and the begining of one that just might rock my world.

God help me...that I hate my son :(

:(

This makes me a little blue...

Parenthood is new to me...I quite literally became a full time as opposed to summering alternate albeit never able to replace the original, mom...

But...new as I might be...

I'm thinking this is no bueno.

:(

This makes me a little blue...

Parenthood is new to me...I quite literally became a full time as opposed to summering alternate albeit never able to replace the original, mom...

But...new as I might be...

I'm thinking this is no bueno.

No it is not.

I am however am hanging by a finger nail at the end of an impossibly long rope with my halo stuck hard around my neck..I simply cannot breathe.

God help me...that I hate my son :(

At some point, I think parents have to realize that children really are their own person, completely individual people just as we are from our parents. And sometimes, those people can be absolute and complete dicks. I don't know if that's the case with your son or not, obviously, but too often we're caught up in the notion that we have to like family simply because we share genetic material with them. The last few years have shown me that that isn't remotely the case.

I don't know if you think this is a reflection on your parenting or not, but I'm almost certain it's not. I think parenting is more of a probabilistic endeavor than anything else. There's nothing that will work for every kid, just as there is no medication or psychological technique that will work on every adult. So, you do what you think gives you the best to have kids that turn into people you don't hate being around. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. All you can do, at the end of the day, is the best you can do.

Hell, I don't know if any of that even remotely applies to your situation, or why I decided to throw it all in even, but for whatever it's worth call it my two cents. And feel free to keep the change.

What was I thinking to post something personal on this public forum...

I should have known it would be subject to ridicule..?

I never learn it seems.

I wouldn't wish what happened last night to me on a mother, not Nina , not Zydrate.

I would not wish the pain that sliced through my heart on anyone here at all.

This forum allowed me to voice my pain in a safe way...into the unfeeling void that is Lit rather than direct it into my real life and possibly hurt someone that of corse I do truly love.

Venting is cathartic. :):rose:

Last edited:
What was I thinking to post something personal on this public forum...

I should have known it would be subject to ridicule..?

I never learn it seems.

I wouldn't wish what happened last night to me on an mother, not Nina , not Zydrate.

I would not wish the pain that sliced through my heart on anyone here at all.

This forum allowed me to voice my pain in a safe way...into the unfeeling void that is Lit rather than direct it into my real life and possibly hurt someone that of corse I do truly love.

Venting is cathartic. :):rose:

I hope the ridicule part wasn't directed at me, because it was definitely not my intention.

I hope the ridicule part wasn't directed at me, because it was definitely not my intention.

No it wasn't.

I stopped reading at post # 29642 when I realized I had made a mistake in posting. I totally missed your post.

I just read it.

Thank you very much for your incites, you seem very wise.

I have done the best I know how to do. When my son was 7 our idyllic world was shattered when I was diagnosed with terminal cancer

With determination and hard work...well here I am:)

Children deal differently and several years later it still comes back to haunt us like a sleeping beast.

I was warned that this might happen...last night it caught me unawares ...the venom that was spewed from seemingly nowwhere.

Life in my real world is so nice and normal I suppose I forgot is all.

Thank you:rose:

Last edited:
No it wasn't.

I stopped reading at post # 29642 when I realized I had made a mistake in posting. I totally missed your post.

I just read it.

Thank you very much for your incites, you seem very wise.

I have done the best I know how to do. When my son was 7 our idyllic world was shattered when I was diagnosed with terminal cancer

With determination and hard work...well here I am:)

Children deal differently and several years later it still comes back to haunt us like a sleeping beast.

I was warned that this might happen...last night it caught me unawares ...the venue that was spewed from seemingly now where.

Life in my real world is so nive and normal I suppose I forgot is all.

Thank you:rose:

Ah, no worries. Just wanted to make sure.

And, for what it's worth, congratulations on still being here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back