What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He broke LadyF's heart when she caught him screaming Karen's name and coming all over her telephone stand after getting off work.:D

You chased ken around here like a puppy on a string, even after you knew he was a man.

Are you still friends with him on facebook?
 
You don't have a job or money. He could set your tax rate at 100% and you'd still pay nothing. Since you have no skin in the game please STFU.

So Merc, is the reason why you love socialism .... because working is hard?

you have time to make a life for yourself. stop being a quitter. get off your ass and do something
 
Obama_SuperSoviet.jpg
 
LAWS (AND TAXES) ARE FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE: Hedge Fund Billionaire Who Gave $9.6 Million to Obama in 2012 Skirts Law to Pay 15% Tax Rate.

carried interest is EVIL only for RomneyCO
 
Two of the Nation’s Top Four Health Insurers Quit California’s Individual Market







On June 18, Aetna announced that it would leave California’s individual health insurance market. Today, UnitedHealth joined them.


The nation’s largest health insurer, UnitedHealth Group Inc., is leaving California’s individual health insurance market, the second major company to exit in advance of major changes under the Affordable Care Act.




UnitedHealth said it had notified state regulators that it would leave the state’s individual market at year-end and force about 8,000 customers to find new coverage. Last month, Aetna Inc., the nation’s third-largest health insurer, made a similar move affecting about 50,000 existing policyholders.

Both companies will keep a major presence in California, focusing instead on large and small employers.

Together, Aetna and UH only represent about 7% of the individual health insurance market in California. But still, the fact that two very large insurers are leaving the nation’s largest, and among the most heavily regulated, markets is significant. Both cite the cost of doing business in California among the reasons for leaving. Their current customers will have to find an alternative by January 1 or face ObamaCare’s fines.

The Nirvana of ObamaCare promised lower rates, more access and we could all keep our doctors if we wanted. The reality is turning out to be less choice, higher prices and doctors leaving the medical profession in droves.

Some of us predicted that this would be the outcome.
 
To Amplify:

UnitedHealth to exit individual insurance market in California
The move by UnitedHealth, the nation's largest health insurer, will force about 8,000 customers with individual policies to find new coverage.

By Chad Terhune
July 2, 2013
The nation's largest health insurer, UnitedHealth Group Inc., is leaving California's individual health insurance market, the second major company to exit in advance of major changes under the Affordable Care Act.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-unitedhealth-insure-calif-20130702,0,4370321.story


United Health Care already admitted it couldn't provide health insurance as cheaply and affordably as an exchange plan. So why does this matter?

Also, 8k people in a state of 39 million? That's basically... nobody. That tells me that UHC didn't really have a presence in the individual market in the first place.

And oh look:

A spokeswoman for UnitedHealth said "our individual business in California has always been relatively small … [and] over the years, it has become more difficult to administer these plans in a cost-effective way for our members."
 
Last edited:
United Health Care already admitted it couldn't provide health insurance as cheaply and affordably as an exchange plan. So why does this matter?

Also, 8k people in a state of 39 million? That's basically... nobody. That tells me that UHC didn't really have a presence in the individual market in the first place.

And oh look:

Plus 50K from Etna,but no big deal, the taxpayers can foot the bill. Right StupidStinkyMORON. :cool:
 
"Congress has decided to leave the issue of student loans on the back burner while it takes a recess next week for July 4th. This means that effective July 1, interest rates on subsidized Stafford loans will double from 3.4 percent to 6.8 percent."

http://thesmithian.tumblr.com/post/54110999866/congress-has-decided-to-leave-the-issue-of-student

In case you were wondering where our legislators were on that whole “crushing levels of student debt" thing.

People with higher education levels vote disproportionately Democratic. Keeping 'em simple-minded helps elect Rapepublicans.
 
Plus 50K from Aetna,but no big deal, the taxpayers can foot the bill. Right StupidStinkyMORON. :cool:

Aetna was slightly larger with a 5% market share.

Nope, I still don't give a crap.

The other thirteen companies on the Cali exchanges are there to gladly take their business. It's like you guys still haven't figured out that I read your sources better than you do
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top