Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I can do that. ;)

The key to keeping things in order is limiting the things you have. If I don't use something within six months (minus holiday decor), it's gone.

I don't keep anything "in case" I might need it "some day" or because it was a gift thirty years ago.

I don't "stock up" because the store has a sale. There will be another sale.

"Stuff" is nice, but all that "stuff" causes clutter. The less clutter around me, the calmer my brain is . . .

Hmmm. A lovely plan that would not work in my house, my husband being a collector of various things. And we have kids. So how about you just come visit? :) And I'll hide the clutter in a closet.

Hmmm. A lovely plan that would not work in my house, my husband being a collector of various things. And we have kids. So how about you just come visit? :) And I'll hide the clutter in a closet.

It wasn't always easy for my kids to understand my OCD.

Next trip your direction, I'll stop in. ;)

First time selling animals from here, sold off the small flock of Pekin ducks. Ah, much quieter around here now :)

If you use a boat, read the tide table!

We have had some excitement this afternoon.

The RAF rescue helicopter had to pick up two adults and two young children when their small speed boat got stuck in the thick mud as the tide went out.

That mud is far too thick and deep to walk in. Although the boat was less than thirty yards from the beach, it might just as well have been thirty miles. Stepping into the mud is life-threatening.

IF the boat owner had read a tide table, he would have known he couldn't attempt to land his boat there. There is another launching ramp 100 yards away that is accessible at a lower tide, but even that would have been impossible at the time he came back to shore.

All four were recovered by winch and landed in a seaside car park.

Their boat? They'll have to wait for the tide to turn. It will only be refloated an hour either side of high tide - IF it isn't so firmly wedged in the mud by suction that it doesn't refloat and is swamped.

We have had some excitement this afternoon.

The RAF rescue helicopter had to pick up two adults and two young children when their small speed boat got stuck in the thick mud as the tide went out.

All four were recovered by winch and landed in a seaside car park.

Their boat? They'll have to wait for the tide to turn. It will only be refloated an hour either side of high tide - IF it isn't so firmly wedged in the mud by suction that it doesn't refloat and is swamped.

Remember the guy off the coast of Wales who, when rescued for the umpteenth time claimed he had a book to navigate from.
Inspection revealed in was an AA members book.
THe Royal Yacht people offered him a basic course, the local magistrate banned him from going out until he'd proved competence, and the Lifeboat people said "next time, it'll cost you". The RAF were not available for comment.

:)

Remember the guy off the coast of Wales who, when rescued for the umpteenth time claimed he had a book to navigate from.
Inspection revealed in was an AA members book.
THe Royal Yacht people offered him a basic course, the local magistrate banned him from going out until he'd proved competence, and the Lifeboat people said "next time, it'll cost you". The RAF were not available for comment.

:)

A few years ago a catamaran came ashore on the North Kent Coast and wrecked, much to the surprise of the locals.

Yes, there was a breeze, but it was parallel to the beach, not onto the beach. The sailor had got his lines tangled when tacking.

He was surprised that we spoke English to him. He thought he was in France. He had sailed about twenty miles from Essex, and thought the Isle of Sheppey was the North Foreland.

He was intending to sail to Greece.

His navigational instruments? An old Boy Scout compass that had lost its liquid, so wasn't working, and an out of date road atlas of Europe.

A few years ago a catamaran came ashore on the North Kent Coast and wrecked, much to the surprise of the locals.

Yes, there was a breeze, but it was parallel to the beach, not onto the beach. The sailor had got his lines tangled when tacking.

He was surprised that we spoke English to him. He thought he was in France. He had sailed about twenty miles from Essex, and thought the Isle of Sheppey was the North Foreland.

He was intending to sail to Greece.

His navigational instruments? An old Boy Scout compass that had lost its liquid, so wasn't working, and an out of date road atlas of Europe.

Pure Magic!

Pure Magic!

His wife wasn't too pleased.

He had bought the catamaran at a boat auction. It was described as 'unseaworthy, needing extensive work'.

She told him that he was an idiot but he set off anyway. He intended to send her a postcard! when he arrived so that she could join him cruising round the Greek Islands.

Even then, if you sent a postcard from Greece, it would take two to three weeks to arrive.

At least he didn't need the rescue services. He was pulled off his boat, and his boat hauled up the beach, by the dedicated Friday night drinkers of the local sea angling club.

I'M HOME FROM THREE WEEKS IN FLORIDA!!!

:nana: :nana: :nana:

I had to fly down to Miami, then drive up to Palm Beach, Fort Pierce, Orlando, and then back down to Boca Raton to measure 15 banks, a bank a day (I got 4 in three days this last week :D), so that some other people can do some other things with them. It was grueling...

But now I'm home! And now I have to drive 3 hours down to south Jersey to pick up the nephews from my sister's ex so that we can go see Guardians of the Galaxy :D

The kids wanted to play a game tonight. We were going to teach PennGirl to play Uno. We can't find it. I'm baffled.

At a concert, it's really nice outside.

It's a good band so I hope I don't have to leave to use the restroom.

...I probably will.

My long story Harold Saves Her Husband is now complete in all three parts. It was a marathon and took years to write. Part 3 is only 7 Lit pages.

I can think about the Summer Loving' Contest.

My long story Harold Saves Her Husband is now complete in all three parts. It was a marathon and took years to write. Part 3 is only 7 Lit pages.

I can think about the Summer Loving' Contest.

That title makes me think of "a boy named sue"

I saw some news on my Facebook feed that Studio Ghibli (pron. JIB-lee) is going to close. :( This is the studio where Hayao Miyazaki worked and made films like My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke and others, not to mention other directors. These are such terrific animated films and I'm sad to see the studio go.

I saw some news on my Facebook feed that Studio Ghibli (pron. JIB-lee) is going to close. :( This is the studio where Hayao Miyazaki worked and made films like My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke and others, not to mention other directors. These are such terrific animated films and I'm sad to see the studio go.

Well damn that blows. :( The wife is a huge fan of his work.

Back from a trip to see family, already got the wash going now to deal with figuring out meals for the week and getting a shopping list going. Ugh, this being an adult thing sucks sometimes.

Well damn that blows. :( The wife is a huge fan of his work.

Back from a trip to see family, already got the wash going now to deal with figuring out meals for the week and getting a shopping list going. Ugh, this being an adult thing sucks sometimes.

Well of course it may not be closing, it's hard to tell. :p If nothing else, it seems like it will remain as a sort of brand name and someone will manage the properties in terms of licensing and sales.

Here is an article from io9.com that sort of kind of has more information, or at least as much as anyone can seem to put together.

Well of course it may not be closing, it's hard to tell. :p If nothing else, it seems like it will remain as a sort of brand name and someone will manage the properties in terms of licensing and sales.

Here is an article from io9.com that sort of kind of has more information, or at least as much as anyone can seem to put together.

Seems to be something the Japanese love to do, give little final say on things that were at least popular at some point in time. Bleach, a very popular anime, is currently on a several year hiatus while the manga writer works on the final storyline. No one knows when it'll return, much less if it will return though it's not been counted out yet. We won't mention the continual respawns of DBZ....heh.

Mice are NOT my friends.

You can run, mice, but I hear you squeaking. Your days are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back