FAWC 4 The Music

Is a standard note at the top going to be given to us to put in, or will that be attached by FAWCKER?

My muse is telling me that I'm "in" in this one.

Not sure. That's one thing not addressed in the first post.

Ha, I wish. :p My kids have three and 3.5 days of school this week, my boy has baseball games Thursday and Saturday evenings, my parents are now coming here for Easter, and PennGirl's birthday is Monday. The easiest way to clean my house would be to turn it upside down, shake everything out, and put it all in the shed.

I need a Tardis.

My daughter only has school in the morning as it is, and man, my time just gets sucked away...

I wish I had decent excuses like that but alas my bunny herding muse is just being lazy :eek:

Okay, first post has been updated to include an author's note. I'm also posting that here:

(Author's note: This story is an entry into FAWC (Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge), a collaborative competition among Lit authors. FAWC is not an official contest sponsored by Literotica, and there are no prizes given to the winner. This FAWC was based around the theme of music, with four songs given to choose from. The song that inspired this story was [insert song name and artist here])

Thanks for reminding me of this.

Okay, first post has been updated to include an author's note. I'm also posting that here:

(Author's note: This story is an entry into FAWC (Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge), a collaborative competition among Lit authors. FAWC is not an official contest sponsored by Literotica, and there are no prizes given to the winner. This FAWC was based around the theme of music, with four songs given to choose from. The song that inspired this story was [insert song name and artist here])

Thanks for reminding me of this.

The first time or so, didn't authors also include a quick description of the story, such as what kind of sexual pairings were there? Or was that idea discarded? I thought the idea was to guard, a little, against low scores from readers who were surprised at the content. Not that I think adults need such warnings, but I was wondering.

Ahem. Well, now, having established that the song used was being kept a secret, there it is being stated in the slug on the front of the story. Which is it to be?

If some want to give disclaimers in this slug that's OK with me, but could it be an option? Some of the ideas I'm mulling would be degraded by knowing this too specifically up front and I don't really write down to the level of squeamish readers reading on an erotic site.

Ahem. Well, now, having established that the song used was being kept a secret, there it is being stated in the slug on the front of the story. Which is it to be?

We're supposed to keep the songs secret to ourselves so as not to give anything away. Stating the song in the disclaimer, sans author's name, won't affect anything. We don't need to keep the songs secret from the readers.

If some want to give disclaimers in this slug that's OK with me, but could it be an option? Some of the ideas I'm mulling would be degraded by knowing this too specifically up front and I don't really write down to the level of squeamish readers reading on an erotic site.

I'm fine with it being optional, or not having it. I was just asking because I couldn't recall from before. Anyway, checking my story from FAWC2, that info wasn't there, so I guess it got dropped.

We're supposed to keep the songs secret to ourselves so as not to give anything away. Stating the song in the disclaimer, sans author's name, won't affect anything. We don't need to keep the songs secret from the readers.

That was my original question to which you answered that it was stated in the original posting. I was suggesting that the song titles the story was based on not be revealed at all; that guessing what song the story went with was part of the discussion fun.

So, no, my original question on that isn't answered. (I thought your answer to me was covered when I found the bolded "Please Don't Tell Anyone Which Song You Have Chosen." Well, if you include the song title in the story slug, you've told everyone which song you have chosen.)

But I came with another question. How is the title to be set up? As "F4: Title"?

I agree that it would be more fun to guess the song as long as the 4 choices are listed for the benefit of readers who aren't following this thread.

So, no, my original question on that isn't answered. (I thought your answer to me was covered when I found the bolded "Please Don't Tell Anyone Which Song You Have Chosen." Well, if you include the song title in the story slug, you've told everyone which song you have chosen.)

But I came with another question. How is the title to be set up? As "F4: Title"?

No, you've only told slyc/FAWCker what song you've chosen. And he always knows who wrote what since he posts them.

ETA: I misunderstood your first question, I guess. I took the instructions to mean we shouldn't mention on this thread what we chose; I didn't think it had anything to do with the reader.

I'd agree with patientlee, though. We can keep the titles out of it so long as they're listed. It does add another element to the guessing.

Last edited:
The original intent behind "Don't tell anyone what song you chose" was for purposes of this thread. But I do see the point that keeping even that secret from the readers would add to the fun of guessing who wrote what. Keep in mind, though, that with FAWC 2, the disclaimer at the front of the story revealed what ingredients were used in the story; revealing the song used for this challenge would be no more revealing than that.

But I can go either way. The disclaimer could include all four songs, with a mention of, "it's up to you, dear reader, to discover which song was the basis for this story."

Whichever way we decide to go, all the stories should include the same disclaimer.

Regarding titling the stories: it will go F4: XXXXXXX. The title can be as revealing or cryptic as you want. If everyone feels even a title would be too much of a giveaway, however, I suppose we could go with a chapter-numbering system or something similar.

Last edited:
The original intent behind "Don't tell anyone what song you chose" was for purposes of this thread. But I do see the point that keeping even that secret from the readers would add to the fun of guessing who wrote what. Keep in mind, though, that with FAWC 2, the disclaimer at the front of the story revealed what ingredients were used in the story; revealing the song used for this challenge would be no more revealing than that.

But I can go either way. The disclaimer could include all four songs, with a mention of, "it's up to you, dear reader, to discover which song was the basis for this story."

Whichever way we decide to go, all the stories should include the same disclaimer.

Regarding titling the stories: it will go F4: XXXXXXX. The title can be as revealing or cryptic as you want. If everyone feels even a title would be too much of a giveaway, however, I suppose we could go with a chapter-numbering system or something similar.

I would be happy to have the song i choose in the disclaimer. I have found with a recent writers challenge that catchy titles do get more views and votes, whether that is true of all challenges or not is anyone's guess. So imo possibly taking that out of the equation would make the playing field more even.

But as usual I am happy to sit back and go with the flow on his one.

Part of what a writer could bring to the story could be causing heads to scratch on what song the story was inspired by until someone got hit with an "oh, yeah" gestalt--if the song reference weren't revealed on the posted story.

I would be happy to have the song i choose in the disclaimer. I have found with a recent writers challenge that catchy titles do get more views and votes, whether that is true of all challenges or not is anyone's guess. So imo possibly taking that out of the equation would make the playing field more even.

But as usual I am happy to sit back and go with the flow on his one.

Well, a title is part of the writing challenge, I think. But it could still be included, if not as the actual title, but listed after the disclaimer and before the story. The actual title could be FAWC 4: Ch. 01 and so forth, with the author's own title in the body. That could eliminate reader bias based on title alone.

Part of what a writer could bring to the story could be causing heads to scratch on what song the story was inspired by until someone got hit with an "oh, yeah" gestalt--if the song reference weren't revealed on the posted story.

I see the value in this, certainly. I would by no means be against listing all the songs and have the reader figure out which one the story is based on. Doing so might result in some negative feedback, though, as the readers may not know the songs and might not be bothered enough to look them up. But overall, that's probably just a small consideration.

I'll go with mob rule. Let's see what other writers have to say, and I'll decide before the 30th.

Friendly grinds are even better. :devil:

On topic, I do believe I've chosen my song. Or maybe two songs (and thus two stories). I had a pretty interesting dream last night that actually combined some elements.

Hmm. Now, wouldn't that just bedevil the bejeebus outta anyone, if I were to submit a single story based on two of the songs?

It probably would narrow down the discussion on who wrote what.

Back