A big time lit theif. Recognize yours or others?

I mean, seriously. Aside from the fact that being called a plagiarist IS bad press for an author, she's still going strong with her thievery. I wish we could have her IP banned for all time, on every site known to man.

Let me tell you, once she is blocked from amazon it is pretty damn hard to fool them with another account. She would have to find someone to publish for her and that is why spreading word of this is important so she can't trick some publisher and screw their account as well.
 
First of all..... this is the paperback (self published) of breaking taylor #8,486,801 yes that is 8 million.....

This is the kindle ranking #934,975

For those who do not understand the rankings that kindle ranking means no copies sold in somewhere around 3 weeks (roughly)

15 sales in a day would have you around the 8k range so she is just all around full of shit

I would love to post to her facebook but I don't have one.

Make one for this then delete it later.
 
I almost hesitate to mention this, but the nerve of this turd infuriates me. She's just posted the following on her facebook page:

The Billionaire's Reality Show part 3 is out and part 4 is in the works.

Coming of Age part 3 is also in the works.

My NEWEST and most modern story - Clara, is almost ready to be posted! This one is for all of my vampire loving readers -- AND it is a mainstream novel! Meaning no age restrictions! Clara will be a serial with an adventure that will have you turning pages!!!

And to those who have said a few things about me --- no press is bad press. I do not partake of other people's drama, never have and never will. But every time you mention my name, provide links to my works, blog, etc it is PRESS and any entertainer knows no press is bad press.

So continue doing it by all means.I have sold 15 copies of Breaking Taylor today alone!!!

Wow... it would almost be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
 
Retaliation is also a factor, something tells me I could be in for "someone" reporting my books for made up reasons.

The person to post on facebook that could do the most damage would be Laurel. Lit has a facebook page so she could do it.

I sent her this thread and she thanked me and said she will contact amazon, but they have never seemed quick to respond to her.
 
Retaliation is also a factor, something tells me I could be in for "someone" reporting my books for made up reasons.

The person to post on facebook that could do the most damage would be Laurel. Lit has a facebook page so she could do it.

I sent her this thread and she thanked me and said she will contact amazon, but they have never seemed quick to respond to her.

I'm guessing Laurel is watching this thread for updates.
 
Would that copyright hold up to a challenge if I can prove I was the one who wrote it? Besides being posted on lit, I have every single file and rough draft I ever created... Probably over 100 files. How could she possibly prevail?

In the United States, ownership is functionally established by being the first one to have registered formal copyright. A court date isn't set without someone having a formal copyright in hand. Everything else you do is gamesmanship.

If you want to consider reality.
 
I have no real knowledge of some of the other stolen works, but she had mine and one from Silkstockinglover on SW. Granted mine was 3 years old here, but I am currently very active and so is Silk. Not to mention we're on a lot of top lists and get a lot of current attention.

Means she has more chutzpah than brains (which those going public with this might note too. :D)

On the question of putting comments on her Facebook page and blog, I couldn't find any way of doing that--from my views she doesn't permit comments on either (and she has more than one Facebook page).

You can slam her on individual works on Goodreads, for sure. You should be able to do so on Amazon (but there's a delayed posting there, and Amazon may not let the posts hold--although it certainly would be aware of the extent of the problem if all those affected commented).
 
Means she has more chutzpah than brains (which those going public with this might note too. :D)

Is that a shot against me? If its not fine.

If it is a shot at me for doing the right thing and making people aware they have been stolen from then that's too bad.

Some people will do the right thing for others besides themselves and deal with what comes. Others can hide behind rocks and point and act like they did something.
 
Contacted Lit (Laurel/Manu)

I have reported this issue through the Feedback link as well as reported a couple of these stories with 'possible copyright violation' and then in the details clarified the Lit authors were the *victims* of plagiarism.

unfortunately i cannot PM Laurel or Manu because, try as i might, they wouldn't take my memberID off the 'suspected spammers' list... :(

(don't ask. i've sent happy new year notes to my most dedicated readers and that triggered the spammer alert; it's been f%^#ing 6 months since then, i've sent multiple requests to be taken off the spammers list but to no avail. but that's a different thread... i've pretty much given up on it by now :( )

anyways if someone here has Laurel's ear it would be good to drop her a note.

- STG
 
Is that a shot against me? If its not fine.

If it is a shot at me for doing the right thing and making people aware they have been stolen from then that's too bad.

Some people will do the right thing for others besides themselves and deal with what comes. Others can hide behind rocks and point and act like they did something.

No, it's not a shot at you (and I can't fathom how it could be taken to be). It's stating what we've both posted--that she wasn't clever about doing this--and it's suggesting ways to embarrass her and rake her over the coals to the max in public for what she's done. (Assuming it's a "she," of course.)
 
No, it's not a shot at you (and I can't fathom how it could be taken to be). It's stating what we've both posted--that she wasn't clever about doing this--and it's suggesting ways to embarrass her and rake her over the coals to the max in public for what she's done. (Assuming it's a "she," of course.)

Well that is why I asked and said if not, no problem. I read it as saying it wasn't brainy to come out with this publicly-unless you were still referring to her and I had though you shifted gears. No harm, no foul.

And yes it is a her. In the past I had a lot of correspondence with her including being invited into her private BDSM chat room and at one point we spoke on the phone about publishing in general.

Its what makes her stealing from me even worse. Not that stealing from anyone is ever right, but its sleazier when you know the person.

I set a low bar for people in general, but man they can still slide under it somehow:rolleyes:
 
If anyone has Amazon Prime ( or hasn't taken advantage of the free trial and is willing to do so ) they could scan the "collections" books for free, as they all seem to be available on Prime.
 
If anyone has Amazon Prime ( or hasn't taken advantage of the free trial and is willing to do so ) they could scan the "collections" books for free, as they all seem to be available on Prime.

My wife is out until later, but she has prime(of course she does, I should own stock in amazon:rolleyes:) so when she comes back I will ask her to look into it.
 
If anyone has Amazon Prime ( or hasn't taken advantage of the free trial and is willing to do so ) they could scan the "collections" books for free, as they all seem to be available on Prime.

You also need a Kindle to do that.
 
Alicia is taken as well as "Lucy Cat" are also down now.

So other authors have already chirped up.

Matter of time now because what will damn her is all the different pen names on lit. If she had taken from just one or two she could have tried to claim she is them, but not all these names.

I think Alicia and Lucy Cat were two I reported. Whee!
 
I think Alicia and Lucy Cat were two I reported. Whee!

Nice!

The process now is amazon will alert her that they have deactivated the book and ask her for serious proof it is hers as in more than her word.

All she can have is whatever doc it was pasted from in and there are multiple complaints going in now.

Again in my case, not just copyright, but content, the dumbass put a full out incest book on amazon and they will not allow that so that is an extra little shot.

I would be surprised if she is still on amazon by the end of the week.
 
will a kindle ap do? that's what she has on her lap top

No, Amazon specifies on their page that only a Kindle device will do the lending. I have the wife's charging at the moment, will try to get to the collections after dinner.
 
No, Amazon specifies on their page that only a Kindle device will do the lending. I have the wife's charging at the moment, will try to get to the collections after dinner.

Okay.

My sister has a kindle and prime I asked if she could come over later for awhile so I can look through those books

Know what's funny? she mentions one of them has "6-10" stories in it. You don't know how many stories are in your own book?:confused:
 

I notice these are older 2008/2010 and the authors have not been here since those years. I doubt these would have ever been caught.

Shows you how bright she is, its the newer ones she should have been burying.
 
Back
Top