Why do you cry?

Byron occasionally when I run into something he would love, and sometimes when I just miss him.

Frustration with my mom not being willing to deal with medical things, we are losing her...
 
When I get a call that a dear sweet girl I know had gotten the crap beat out of her by two drunk guys who wanted to 'cure her' of her evil lesbian ways. Luckily she is a strong, mean, bad ass bitch when in a heat and gave as good as she got. Some good folks showed up before she was actually raped and the shit faced bastards ran, so ALLl she has to deal with is a broken rib, a nasty right eye, and a body of bruises.

The police finally showed up, but nobody is under any delusions.

I hope she's doing okay. I'm 'mostly' nonviolent, but I'd be happy to beat the shit out of those bastards, and I certainly wouldn't shed a tear for it afterwards.
 
When things don't go my way. When I'm sad. When I'm scared. When I hear a beautiful piece of music.
 
I always cry at the very end of The Princess Bride when Peter Falk says "as you wish" to his grandson.

Other than that, my tear ducts are as dry and heartless as Fata's spider-infested cooter.
 


The film "Glory" had me welling up a bit.


Other than that, it's the odd funeral of my parent's friends and friends' parents. Several of them were so very civilized, cosmopolitan, extremely well-educated and refined that it is no exaggeration to say, "They don't make 'em like that anymore." They don't— and the world is a worse place for it.


Their standards of behavio(u)r were so high that it was (and is) absolutely unimaginable to think of them ever knowingly lying or taking advantage of someone else's ignorance.


 
I only cry when I yawn, because it absolutely isn't a subconscious response to emotional vulnerability as a tough-guy cover. It's not like I'm a sensitive, empathetic person, or anything. I'm a badass, I swear!

Funny story. I yawn a lot.
 
I cry a lot. I am a crier.

I cry when I'm overwhelmed, when I'm insecure, when I'm exhausted, when I'm confused, when I'm frustrated, afraid, angry or hurt.

I cry when I'm given a gift that feels overly generous or unearned, which is often, because I am exceedingly fortunate, and spoiled.

I cry while watching movie previews, and tv commercials, and wedding vows, and award show acceptance speeches.

Also, any time anyone else cries.

Sometimes I listen to love songs or watch romantic movies when I'm sad and I want to make myself cry, and cry, and cry.

I cry a lot. I am a crier.
 
I cry from beauty in all it's many forms. Music, art, nature, random acts of kindness...so many things.

I cry from pain in all it's many forms. Stubbing my toe really fucking hard, losing a loved one, finding out that someone you cared about did not care about you at all, being lied to, heart break in general

I cry from love. Those moments when your heart just bursts open with love for someone. I live for those moments...those happy tears.

I cry from anger...actually if I am in the crying phase of anger, which is beyond the simmer, beyond the explosion, beyond the countrified cussing and chair throwing....you better just GTFO because it is about to get UGLY.

DAMN...I cry a lot.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This week, I have negated the main premise of my original post, of 'crying for happy'. I've cried every night watching Ken Burns' 'The Vietnam War'. Hearing the stories of the American families, and seeing the interviews with those who lost someone breaks my heart. I'm every bit as tearful for the North Vietnamese who recounted their own personal tragedies.
 
England getting beat by Iceland in Euro 2016 did the trick.
 
I cry when my cats or someone I care for dies, I cry when my ex proves me right for leaving, I cried one time when my sick grandma refused to eat one a particularly stressful day, I cried when I was told she had terminal cancer, thankfully she got over it anyway. I should probably cry more often though.
 
Dollie

Men cry. My father was a real man. The first and only time i saw him cry? Was when my daughter was born and we, as a family, had decided at 16, my age, not hers and there is a story there I am not sharing here, she should be adopted by an anonymous family... That didn't happen...She is my one and only child and I could not be happier that when I saw my dad cry, my mind was changed forever.
I was 17 when my first son was born at seven months. I was five months pregnant before we married so we had very little time together alone. The pregnancy was planned. It's also a long non-Lit story.
I'd gone into a coma after convulsions. Doctors told my husband I wouldn't live. Yes he cried. He's cried more than he will admit. But the day he got the end of his finger cut off and the day a long tree branch shoved his eyeball into the socket, dislodging the lens, he didn't cry.
A few months ago when our best friend's wife died after dementia we both cried.
A few days ago when I misunderstood thinking my husband called me a fucking idiot I cried. He was yelling about something else like a table lamp. Sometimes he's a fucking idiot.
I cried when we found out he had prostrate cancer. We don't cry often but we are human.

That was Old Yeller, you doorknob! Lassie is immortal.
My husband probably had tears in his eyes and couldn't tell the difference. He's still waiting for Lassie to come home.

Because Lance doesn't love me. He has so much to offer!
Poor girl. You need a good cry to get those thoughts out of your mind.
 
I've found that the older I get the more I cry, and it's weird. These days if the wind blows the wrong way I cry. It's annoying.

But I can't stand to see people hurt or suffering. I can't stand to see animals or helpless things suffer.

cg74
 
I cry when I watch a sad movie
I cry when I see people or animals hurt
I cry when I'm sad
I cry when I hear a song that hits a nerve
I cry over memories
I cry when I'm happy too:eek:
 
Back
Top