The Jeffinator's Lounge

I wander into the lounge in my lovely dress carrying a huge basket of roses which I give out to everyone I see there.....:rose:

Happy Valentine!
 
I wander into the lounge in my lovely dress carrying a huge basket of roses which I give out to everyone I see there.....:rose:

Happy Valentine!

Well hello, gorgeous. Welcome. Come, sit next to me.

And to everyone else, sorry for my long absence. Still no internet at home. My brother and I are struggling to get enough money saved up to get back to Florida, and then we can get good jobs and a nice apartment and yes, internet. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say what's up. Let me know what's going on with all of you. I miss you all and can't wait until I am back to being able to come online every day and post regularly and all that good shit.

Love you all, Jeffinator.
 
I am...considering getting a new desktop after I'm doing paying off this laptop. True, I'll still have to replace the GPU, get a decent sound card, and a decent speaker set, but I'll have more freedom and a 6GB installed RAM amount if I go through Aaron's
 
I want an Alienware Area-51 or an iBUYPOWER Gamer Paladin. Though, I am now skeptical of Alienwares being that Dell has purchased the brand name. I am considering just going for a kickass Toshiba Qosmio. If I go refurbished, I can probably get a World of Warcraft-worthy gaming notebook for about 1200. And Toshibas are very good, even refurbished. My current laptop is refurbished and is the best computer I've ever had, so far. Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905. It's funny, the graphics card is integrated -- it shares the system memory instead of having it's own dedicated VRAM -- and I can still run games like Sims 2, Morrowind, and KOTOR. I suppose the processor and 4gig RAM make up for the lack of dedicated VRAM.
 
you know, this system can play oblivion. It should have no trouble with WoW once I've reverted to the original OS and installed more memory. And the newer series of the same type are better. Though you have to deal with HP's alarmingly small power supplies.
 
Woohoo! You're now looking at the new Front Desk Manager at the La Quinta Inn in St. Petersburg, Florida! I went to my interview today and we ended up talking for like an hour and at the end, he hired me to run the Front Desk. I am now making more an hour than I have ever made in my life, medical, dental, and vision after 90 days, and two weeks of vacation after one year. Yay! I'm so excited!

This also means I'll be starting some new RPs very soon.
 
*Wanders in, jumps into the recliner and reclines.*

*Grabs the remote and starts watching 'My Bloody Valentine'.*

*Scratches himself*

Huh... Where is everyone?
 
So you know how you were saying that Snakeeyes in the GI Joe live action movie took a vow of silence? Well, he still never speaks in the movie as far as I can tell, and we've seen it three times. There's a scene where he's fighting Storm Shadow where STORM SHADOW speaks when it shows Snakeeyes' face.
 
So I read your Wizard's Apprentice thread and was totally engrossed by it. Totally sad I didn't get to it first! Though I'm quite new here. So I thought I'd come in here and say hello! :)
 
Hello Havenly, nice to meet you.

Joe, as for the Snake Eyes thing, it is Storm Shadow that informs us of the vow of silence, plus flashbacks. At first, the other Joes say, "He doesn't speak. He doesn't say why." But after the flashback showing Storm Shadow killing the clan master, and the boy Snake Eyes looking on in sadness, it flashes back to the present and Storm Shadow says something along the lines of: "You took an oath of silence, and that's exactly how you will die!" or something. Been I while since I've seen it. Basically, he takes an oath of silence to avoid telling anyone his adopted brother killed their master.
 
Last edited:
In the original timeline of the toys and comics, Snake Eyes damaged his vocal cords when saving Scarlet from an exploding helicopter.
 
Was reading your new siggies. Thought up a couple of funny lines. Some are from comedians.

You know it's bad when you're at the clinic and after he practically violates you with gloved hands, he says, "The doctor will be in shortly. It would be appreciated if you left out the part about me being in here."

If you are running down the street, and you're on fire, people will get out of your way. But you know you're fucked up when the doctor looks at you afterwards and goes "AAAHHHHH!!!!"

You know your life is bad if you get a strange disease and when the doctor says you're going to live, you start crying.

You know things are messed up when a mob is running down the street and the cop next to you says, "There are times to be brave, and there are times to be wise. There are also times to get the fuck out of dodge, and this is one of those times. Peace out, bitch!"
 
My Lounge is over two years old, I just realized, lmao.

Also, would anyone be interested in a Medieval Marvel rp at some point? I have this cool idea about Marvel characters in an alternate Earth medieval setting, where Avalon is the main continent and Atlantis is the biggest city, just off the mainland, controlled by the Atlantean Empire, but open to all -- all walks of life live in the Imperial City of Atlantis.

In the year 1014, Merlin awakens after a five hundred year magical slumber, cast upon him by the evil Lady Morgana. While he slept, she periodically extracted blood from his body, cutting him and then healing the wound directly after, only to cut it again the next time. Using his DNA, along with blood magic and a little alchemy, she began kidnapping injured soldiers from around the world and experimenting on them. Her most successful creation was Wolverine, who had once been an Atlantean Nobleman, but was now nothing more than a bloodthirsty monster.

Wolverine had followed Morgana's every order without remorse for over three centuries, the genetic tampering having given him immortality and metal bones and claws, as well as superior instincts and physical prowess. Morgana tried to replicate his immortality on herself, but she discovered that if she did, she too would lose control of herself and then both her and Wolverine would be unleashed on the world with no way to stop them -- she wanted to control the world, not destroy it. And she was the only person who could keep Wolverine under control.

For the time being, she had to settle for drinking a daily cocktail made from Merlin's blood -- it didn't keep her young -- on the other hand, she looked very old -- but it kept her alive. Still, she slaved away in her labs and sent Wolverine to kidnap new victims in her neverending search for eternal life.

In the late 900s, a young man named Charles Xavier was captured by Wolverine -- he was very intelligent and a gifted Psion, and had planned to be captured, as thought out by himself, his good friend Eric Magnus, and a group of other magic users. They had heard rumors of Morgana's secret lab, and planned to rescue her victims.

While in captivity, Xavier read everyone's mind and then relayed all information learned to Magnus. That night, they attacked the lab and freed her genetic mutant slaves, many of them only children, as she had started working on them younger and younger. This happened in the year 999.

With Morgana defeated and no longer there to control Wolverine, he went on a rampage, but after seeing a little girl look at him in horror, he fled to the northern mountains, where he spent several years with Kayla Silverfox. Wolverine, who was now going by Logan, had subconsciously blocked all memories of the monster he was and had been since Morgana turned him. When Kayla found him, he was naked and running through the forest, desperately trying to remember who he was and where.

For fifteen years, he has lived unaware of the monster he was. Xavier has kept a close eye on him, electing to leave him in peace so long as his monster stays hidden. Meanwhile, he teaches the young mutants how to control their powers at Xavier Manor, a huge mansion in a wide clearing in the forests of northern Avalon.

Howard Stark in the world's best alchemist, creating enchanted weapons for the Atlantean Empire. His son, Anthony Stark, managed to create a suit of red and gold armor, which he enchants to give him flight, strength, and solar energy absorbing powers.

I'll add more later. Whatcha you guys think?
 
Just wanted to let you guys in on this. Pasted from my Facebook post:

A growing number of us are joining Project Viral -- a collaborative attempt to create a YouTube channel that will become so popular it will joins the likes of Fred, the Annoying Orange, Nigahiga, and others. Anyone who pledges to join the project is an equal member, and we all have equal control over the channel. Basically, here's how it works:

Each member comes up with whatever ideas they think might become popular, creates videos based on these ideas, and posts them to the channel. When the YouTube account is created, each member will have access to the sign-in information, but to prevent everyone from trying to log in at once, I'd prefer it if we set up specific times for each person to sign in to do uploads. Like, if we have a total of fourteen people join, then each person would get half a day each week to do their uploads. Viewers would know, for example, that videos by "Bob" would debut on Monday mornings, while videos by "Steve" would go up Thursday afternoons, and so on.

We can discuss more of this when we get a few more members together. We can set up a message board or something to throw ideas around. So, I'm thinking we should probably cap the member roster at fourteen, otherwise it might be too crowded. I will keep everyone updated on who joins. Below is a list of those so far, which I will update as more join. If you are interested, reply to this :).

Me (duh)
My Brother
My Sister
Very good friend of mine in the UK

(not naming names on Lit)
 
Back
Top