the "ask crazychemgirl a question" thread

Hmm... that was too easy.

Favorite piece of lab equipment?

Where do you think the next big breakthrough will be in chemistry or physics?

Do you believe that the Weaire–Phelan structure is the solution to the Kelvin problem and what uses do you envisage this structure might have in reducing the impact of hydrocarbons on global warming?

On a related subject, what's your favourite foam based confectionary?

Do you believe that the Weaire–Phelan structure is the solution to the Kelvin problem and what uses do you envisage this structure might have in reducing the impact of hydrocarbons on global warming?

On a related subject, what's your favourite foam based confectionary?

no, I don't ... and my favorite foam based confectionary? .. I don't think I have one.

Indothermic or exothermic?

exothermic.

I've used over 20 tons of the stuff and never gotten a burn.

I know!

I do small scale, lol .... I was putting my solvent trap back on my schlenk line and the catcher already had some in it... when it spilled out it got caught in between my lab coat and arm... cuz I had the ends tightened.

I do small scale, lol .... I was putting my solvent trap back on my schlenk line and the catcher already had some in it... when it spilled out it got caught in between my lab coat and arm... cuz I had the ends tightened.

I've heard of people wearing rubber gloves freezing fingers because of a spill.

I've heard of people wearing rubber gloves freezing fingers because of a spill.

yeah... that's the only time it really does any damage.. when it gets stuck under something against your skin.. gloves, lab coat, pants, etc

yeah... that's the only time it really does any damage.. when it gets stuck under something against your skin.. gloves, lab coat, pants, etc

331204441.jpg

If you were a star, would you be one whose light was already gone, or one who was still burning bright? Would you super nova for us? Would you give us hope that all will begin again? I think you wouldn't be a star at all, but Venus rising bright out of a Fall sky.

Back