Any "home remedies" for arthritis?

Dark Pleasure

Sorry to hear about your Arthritis.

I know how painful it can be as I was diagnosed years ago with RA. The original doctors who treated me- American- wanted to ply me with drugs. However, I found some great Indian and Chine Doctors who don't use drugs and use spices/herbs- I was told to try using spices such as Tumeric- Cumin- Curry Powder- Chili Powder-Garlic- and Cayenne Pepper- which I did- and lo and behold- my RA symptoms showed a remarkable improvement. I have and continue to use it daily- in my salads, on my fish- (Salmon)- when I eat jasmine/brown rice- .

Word of caution, thought- the combination of all these creates for one hot meal- you body and head will sweat- however, for some reason, it is the ingredients in these spices that work to reduce the swelling/inflammation. I know that for me, I will continue to use it everyday for the rest of my life- I find if I don't use these everyday- the swelling and inflammation- especially in my hands/fingers gets worse.

Oh yes, besides helping to reduce inflammation- using these are also beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke, and reducing the risk of onset Alzheimer's- as per all of the medical studies/research done.

Hope this helps.
Well, I found out it's carpal tunnel and not arthritis - that was my pre-dr guess. I do know, though, that a lot of home remedies can work with different pains. Luckily I like spicy food. Lol
 
Well, I found out I have carpal tunnel. Chalk that up to 22 years in the same line of work now. Starting with a brace and inflammatory. Will be checking in with her after a month, unless the main gets worse.

Thank you, all, for the ideas and remedies. Some were still helpful for the general pain. :)

Sorry to hear that.

At least you now know and can move forward with options on dealing with it.
 
Hello there. Going on two weeks now I've had bad pain in my right hand. (I'm worried I may have something worse than arthritis - like diabetic nerve pain - but I won't be able to go to the doctor before Wednesday.) If I can do anything to ease the pain beforehand I'd be greatful. I tend to have sharp pain in all of the knuckles in the three middle fingers and pain along the "ball" of the palm under the thumb. (Sounds like a tendon to me then!) Also, my fingertips are numb most of the day. So far, I have taken Excedrin to take the edge off the pain and wrap my hand in a heating pad when home. I even went as far as to "massage" the hand.

Any other ideas/suggestions? I'd be ever so greatful! :)


Have you tried changing your diet? If we eat wheat, dairy, sugar, or anything that quickly turns to sugar we have more inflammation and joint issues. It took years of searching to find a great medical doctor who works with another great naturopathy doc. The combo has been life changing. We are both pain free (inflammation free), moving better than ever, and more fit than in 10+ years.

Also we supplement our diet with natural anti-inflammatory plant based whole food supplements. We take several things but it took a while for us to find what worked best for each of us. The main common product we both use is called CuraMed but as I mentioned we take a combo of things that work for us individually. In conjunction with detoxing, diet change, and different exercise we are both doing amazing! And of course we drink lots of good quality H2O.

I hope you are doing better.
 
Read that fish oil was good for arthritis and helps with inflammation.
 
Back
Top