Unwanted Arrangement-Closed For LordUsagi

"Well then I am glad that it is you that I wed, even if I have to work to win your heart, when your sister would have at least shown a willingness to share my bed on our wedding night."

He derisive laugh made him thing that perhaps her sister had a reputation as being easy as well as the manipulative nature that Rosamond had mentioned. He felt sorry for his new brides difficult life, and resolved to try make her future a bit brighter.

"So she would use my desire for intimacy as a tool to further her goals, that is very sad when all she has to do in life is honestly ask what she desires, and any decent man worth having would oblige." He realized that his words may have been a bit naive.

"As to Mary the choice is yours, though I feel I must admit that it would put me at ease if she was your companion," he moved uncomfortably on the horse. "I feel I would be less inclined to give into temptation while I endeavor to win your heart, knowing that the two of you spoke regularly, but then..." he trailed off not sure if he should discuss the topic with her.

"As to my plan, it is simple enough. I will visit your chambers tonight and we will pass the time with you reading your book and me, well admiring my beautiful wife. I will not stay too long, but long enough for the servants not to think their lord is a lesser man in the bedroom." His smile became a little more serious, "we will have to nick your skin, a small cut to leave a trace of your virgin blood for the servants to find in the morning. That should allay talk for a while, and I even give you permission to be short with me for a few days, if you wish to show your anger at being a sacrificial cow."
 
"I understand your request my Lord, I do. But I know the way of woman scorned. When they lose themselves to the emotion of being rejected for another, it can drive them to rash actions. Especially when their station wouldn't permit any formal union. Although my father loves my mother, he still has to lie with his wife, and perform the rituals that go with being a married couple.

She would tell you that she is sated being his mistress, but I've listened to her crying almost every night since i can remember. She loathes the queen for having what she believes she deserves. There is no telling what she would do if she got close enough to her. Perhaps break her nose like her daughter did when she was provoked" she laughed again.

I give you my wishes to bed another till our marriage is consummated. I just ask that it not be here. She is already suffering for a love of you that she cannot obtain. But if it is still your wish that I take her on as a companion I will do so. Perhaps have her prepare me for our wedded night."

Rose couldn't help but laugh hysterical at his reference of her being a sacrificial cow.
"No my Lord, I shall make them believe that a better husband and lover I could not wish for. Perhaps to view that we are sickly happy will ease suspicion. Perhaps we could play card or such as we continue getting to know each other."
 
"Prepare you for our wedding night," he looked at her a little skeptical, not sure what that meant. "You mean tonight when we consummate?" He began to wonder if this was a custom in France, was there something special that a servant could do. He recalled with his first marriage, he had approached his wife's chambers and she had waited for him nervously. They had already known each other for a while so it was a diffident situation, bit she had been as apprehensive about the act as anyone would he guessed. He suddenly realized that if preparing meant discussing things of a more intimate nature, Mary might let slip her knowledge of her lords body.

"My dear, perhaps we can discuss this when we stop by the lake, it is not far and I need to make a confession that might be best spoken about when we are not on the move, and I have some questions that I have heard about the ladies of France."

He looked across at her, a bright gleam to his eye, knowing what he thought he had gathered about her.

"Fair Rose, i figure you one for challenges, and one who wishes to win the challenges no matter what. So I propose we race to the lake from her, the path is simple to follow and not so difficult and our horses are of an equal speed. But because the lake is a sacred place to my ancestors who first came here from the Emerald Isle, it has a certain magic and will compel the loser to answer the winners question truthfully."
 
"No no special customs, generally the ladies maids brush out her hair and such." She stopped to listen to him speak and then added "Sure we can discuss it when we get to the lake."

Rose looked at him quizzically and smiled. "Alright, do you require a head start?" she teased then clicked her tongue and her heals to finally give her horse the freedom it had been so needing.

As they raced she realized that he sat his horse very well. But not as well as her.. He had a beautiful form and ability to be one with the thousand pound animal between his thighs. But she had the skill of horses, she could tell their moods and needs and knew that his had been exercised by the easy stride and lack of any real motivation. Hers on the other hand, was feisty and wanted to run like the wind. So she allowed it.

Somewhere on the path she lost her hat, and made it to the lake before him. If she had let the horse have its way they'd still be running. Instead she slowed it to stop and dismounted walking it down to the lake for a well required drink.

Smiling up to him she watched as he dismounted. "So I guess you did need a head start after all" she teased and gave a genuine laugh.
 
Last edited:
His return smile as he approached her showed he was not at all upset about having been beaten.

"Your sister is looking more appealing by the moment." He grinned at her. "I would get to live in France with all its modernizations," his eyes told her that was not a thought he would truly appreciate. "My bed chamber would not be cold as she would lay with me, even if just to use me to protect her from all those foppish men that wanted her attention, well the ones she did not desire in return." Is teasing smile broadened, "and I am sure my wild and strong look would appeal to the women of the court and not just some local lass."

He instinctively reached up to push a strand of her hair that now hung loose as a result of the race. "And all the while my wife's young sister with her smoldering black hair and captivating green eyes would be trying to seduce me."

His hand lingered a long time before dropping to his side.

"So Rose, as the fair folk dictate, what is your question."
 
Rose didn't move or stiffen as he reached out and moved the loose hair from her face. Instead she kept her smile from his teasing and her eyes locked with his. Instead she stepped forward. "Oh I'm not sure your wifes sister would have tried to seduce you. She had no interest in ever being married. Besides, my sister would have only laid with you out of duty. I'm not sure she has any emotions other then spitefulness, jealousy and hatred. But If you'd like I'm sure I can get you an invite to French court. I think i'll stay here though. I'm quite happy with the open spaces, and less traditional customs." she grinned at him teasing him back.

"ooh my question" she grinned.
"What do you love most about this place?" she decided to not ask anything to intimate right off. She already had a good judge of his character, and wanted to get a sense of what he liked and saw in the lands he owned.
 
He could now feel her intimately close and it caused his manhood to stir, she was a beautiful woman, just a breath away, a beautiful woman that by all rights he could take her right now.

"This place," he reached up again to touch her face, "the freedom it's openness promises, how the dark clouds that crest the rugged mountains match your hair." He brushed away another strand, "how the waters are shown in your eyes."

He gently reached down to her waist and turned her around so she could see the lake and the storm clouds atop the low mountains. It was true that despite the heavy cloud cover the lake shone with a faint emerald green.

"This area is blessed by the fey," his words were soft as if not to awaken those he spoke of, "and their wild abandon is not like us and this land holds a magic."
 
The way his hand touched her face caused something to stir with in her. She watched the way his mouth moved when he talked. The way his eyes danced when he spoke of her hair, and mountains, her eyes and the lake, and how his heart seemed to be embedded in this land.

His hands turned her. She observed the strength in them and way they somehow gave her a feeling of security and vulnerability that she'd never felt before. It was also something in his voice the way it softened with affection and appreciation of the wonders and mysteries that he referred to as magic. Moving her hands she placed them lightly over his as she stared out to the lake with him.

She found herself stepping back against him and resting the back of her head against his chest. It was quiet and serene. It was probably one of the first bouts of peace she had ever known. Slowly stepping forward out his arms she moved and turned. "Shall I set up the picnic?"
 
His soft sigh let her know he preferred her standing against him.

"Yes please do," he unfastened the bag and handed it to her, "that was the reason you won the race," he smiled, "I was carrying extra weight."

He sat down against a tree to watch her, "this will be as good a place as any to get to know each other and I feel you wish to use the magic of this place to ask a more personal question, I know I would."
 
Taking the bag from him she went about laying out the blanket and getting out their lunch. "No I won because your horse was exercised before we left. Mine on the other hand had pent up energy." She grinned at him.
"But if you have to believe it was our lunch bag that you handed to a girl that carried with no effort. i'll allow it." she teased.

"I think it's a wonderful place for us to get to know each other without little ears everywhere. What I meant earlier is the servants help the bride get ready. They give her a rose scented bath, brush her hair, and place rose petals on the bed. They also pour her drinks to help settle her nerves." she kinda gave a slight laugh. "I thought we could play cards or something, to continue to get to know each other this evening. But all is fair tis your turn to ask a question mi lord."
 
"We can do that, play cards I mean but I think you won because you were the better rider, and I am proud that my wife can handle herself on a powerful animal."

"Let us see, speaking of our wedding night, what do you know of men. I suspect you are a virgin, but do you have any experience with men. I have heard that the women of the French court are skilled at keeping their virtue but keeping a man happy as well. Or was that just a tale to sold to me to make me more willing to agree to this marriage."
 
She laughed after he asked her his question. "As far as what I know about men and pleasing them, I know nothing. Now it is half true that some french woman, mostly the courtesans have had extra classes in how to gain a mans attention. I however had no interest in that whole dance they play with men in securing a husband. I didn't want one. I honestly just didn't believe that it was possible for me to be me without some pretentious act. It's just disgusting the lengths in which they go through. I learned the skills of survival. I can shoot a bow, hunt, skin and cook my own food. I can also build a shelter if needed. I don't crave pretty dresses or frilly hats."

She shrugged and poured their wine. "come eat husband"
 
He nodded and shifted over to her, taking the wine goblet from her hand. He couldn't help wonder if she as a lady from the royal court in France felt it uncouth to drink wine from a pewter goblet. Their picnic lunch was practical, fresh bread, cheese, cuts of meat and chicken, on wooden plates, and wine from a skin served in goblets that would not break.

"Well you may not cloth yourself in fancy dresses but you are every bit as skilled at getting your own way," he smiled cutting off any objection, "have you not gotten your husband to prove his worth to lay with you."

He took a long gulp of wine, perhaps as much to soothe his nerves as to quench a thirst that had built up from their ride, but his eyes never left her nor did the satisfied smile on his lips.

"Perhaps you will need to discuss more than just your hair and what perfume to wear tonight with the servants, they may have some helpful words about what to expect."
 
"I think I would rather wait and let it be a surprise" she said with a smirk. "It can't be all that difficult. I understand the basics, if there's more to it, I'm sure my wonderful husband will teach his young wife with the same patience he's allowed for her to become accustom to the idea."

Pausing a moment she added "Besides, it's not your worth your proving, it's allowing me the opportunity to discover what an admirable man you are and to form an attachment that allows me to see you in the same light Mary does." She smirked at him taking a sip of wine.

She slowly picked through her food and ate while she watched him do the same. "Do you wish I was older?" she asked as her question
 
When she mentioned Mary he almost coughed out the wine he was drinking, especially when she called him an admirable man. He did not want to admit his sins but felt compelled to tell her the truth, the fey folk were definitely still around.

"No my dear I do not wish you were older, just as I do not truly wish to be wed to your sister. I only brought her and any words about your youth or inexperience as a means to tease and perhaps win a verbal battle with you."

He finished his wine, "you are young and beautiful and any man of my age would gladly be seen with you on their arm and take you into their bed chamber. Your youth also give us a longer time for you to bare children for me though I am loath to bring that up and reinforce the stand that you are breeding stock, because to me you are an intelligent alluring woman and children may just be a happy consequence of our union."

He poured himself some more wine, "as to being an admirable man, I think my wife may find me lacking in that." He took a large sip, "I have done some things that the church and my young bride would deem as sinful, although within the confines of my previous marriage my wife did not consider it sinful at all and would depend what sweet young Rosamond views as sin."
 
Rose reached out her hand and covered his lightly. "The relationship between a man and a woman is between them and their god. The church is a place I have avoided much of my years. I don't believe that in order to praise or worship, one must be required to get up in ones finest clothes, join a procession of others that are only going to complain, and gossip about others." she smiled removing her hand.

"remember, I'm only half royal. I didn't inherit the stick up my arse like my sister." she grinned and tossed a piece of bread at him playfully. "But i'm glad that you aren't disappointed that i'm not older. Even if I am just breeding stock" she laughed again tossing a piece of fruit at him.

Straightening up her face she said seriously. "I do find you admirable. You could have taken what's yours by law. But you took into consideration my feelings and thoughts. I am lucky to have been pushed on you. You also care about your staff, and you stayed true to an ailing wife. That takes a special kind of character and a commitment of ones heart."

She looked out to the lake for a moment and then back to him. "Mistress' are a common occurrence, and accepted by wives, because they have no choice where i'm from."
 
He skillfully caught the food she threw at him, but his sudden movements caused him to spill wine on his shirt. Paying it no mind he ate the food before finishing his goblet and placed it down.

"I did not take a mistress my dear, but that does not mean I feel your mothers relationship with your father was any less, perhaps it may have been more than that which bore your sister."

He looked at her, forcing a smile to hide his embarrassment, "I loved my wife, and although I was told to marry I was given the choice in choosing my bride. My father just wanted our family line to continue and I was able to choose the woman that appealed to me. And I believed my wife love me back and although our coupling may not always have been gentle it was never unwanted, for we both desired children and bringing pleasure to each other."

Finally noticing the stain on his shirt he tried to clean it with his handkerchief and some spittle.

"I think my wife loved me so much that she sent Mary to my chambers knowing it was the time I would be bathing, the poor girl walked in on me naked, and to my shame I did not hide my nakedness but instead stood there aroused and proud as she nervously admired my body. Since that moment every time I bath I hoped she would surprise me again, but I think because nothing happened she avoids me now, even if she may still harbor feelings."

He looked at Rose, "that is why I wished for you two to become companions, hoping a bond may form between you and together you could see a path that is best for everyone. But I also feared that she may let slip how magnificent her masters naked body is," he managed a genuine smile again.
 
Rose listened to what he had to say and nodded. "I could never have been a mistress, but I understand that a man tends to feel freer with one, because he can be himself. I suppose it's hard in arranged marriages to find that common ground when first starting out. If they could be done like a foundation of a house, starting with laying down the foundation and building it into a home. Then perhaps less men would feel the need for a mistress. " She shrugged.

"I don't understand what path you're referring to that I would see with Mary by taking her as a companion. I truly don't wish for one. I'm not a silly girl that needs to gossip and chatter senselessly with others of my gender. If I am to have a companion, let it be my husband." She frowned slightly wrinkling her nose.

Looking at her husband shirt and the wine upon it she then laughed once more. "Take off your shirt husband, and I shall wash it in the lake before the stain sets in. If you go back with a stain on your shirt they'll think I threw my wine at you for being a beast."

She watched as he unbuttoned his shirt and revealed his well defined chest. It was broad and tapered right where it out to be. Smiling she took the shirt and went down to the lake with a combination of sand, a rock and the cold water she washed it out. Bringing it back she showed off her accomplishment and place it on a branch to dry.
 
He sat silently as she spoke of mistresses and companions, and he gave his shirt up to her with an eagerness born of pride. She had not even battered an eyelid when he spoke of how Mary had seen him in his full glory, nor had she shown any jealousy at the servant having seen her husbands manhood before she had.

He watched her as she cleaned his shirt and the bit of pride she showed in a job well done. He smiled after she had hung the shirt to dry, "my wife truly does not need a companion as she can do everything herself."

He rose and retrieved the bow and quiver from his horse.

"Now my wife has stated her skills at archery, she has already won at riding and shown how easily she can get her husband out of his clothes. Let us see if she can beat him at archery and does she care to make a wager."
 
"Are you saying you do not wish me as a companion husband? Perhaps I should send the ladies that serve me to you, so you may listen to their continuous nonsensical babbling." She smirked.

Raising an eyebrow she smirked once again to him. "what kind of wager did you have in mind sir?" she questioned as she started to pack up the dishes and such from their meal. "Perhaps if you win, I shall have to bathe your feet and massage them, and If I win you will have to do the same?"
 
He nodded with a smile, "I see once again you tempt without compromising too much, perhaps you are not as confident as you seem in your skills, and you seem to seek a way to rid yourself of the babbling servants."

He looked at her with a grin, "let us say that if you win I shall Bach your feet in these very soothing waters, and knead away any aches you may have whether it is just the feet is up to you."

"But if I win you shall knead away any aches I have," he paused knowing what she was thinking, "do not worry, I will not expect you to touch me in any way you feel is inappropriate," his grin broadened, "even if you are my wife and should not feel anything is inappropriate."
 
She rolled her eyes as he teased her about wagering safely. Of course she wasn't going to be cocky and bet outside her comfort zone. If he one she would have to do something that may push her outside of where she was ready to go.

When he told her she would have to massage away his aches she must have looked at him oddly because he replied not to worry it wouldn't be anything she thought inappropriate. "I would have never thought you would have suggested such a thing Mi Lord, you are an honorable man." she smiled and rose brushing off her dress.

Picking up a linen napkin, she then picked a berry from a bush. With a little effort she got the bark of a try to snag the fabric of the napkin and hold it on the tree. Taking the berry she pressed it into the center creating a small reddish dot.

Taking the bow and an arrow from him she walked back fifty paces made a mark in the ground and stepped behind it. Drawing back the string and closing one eye positioning it just so she shot the arrow hitting the dot dead center.
 
Taking the bow from her, he smiled, " have I not told you before that I am not as honorable as you think." His eyes shone with playful mirth, " but lucky for you that was a fine shot and will be hard to best."

He drew back the bow with ease, but still his muscles bunched tightly in his torso. Taking aim with accomplished skill he turned to look at her, the arrow point shifting slightly, whether on purpose or as a result of his showing off, she could not tell.

He let the arrow fly and is thudded into the tree catching the edge of the red mark. Looking back at the target, he let out a soft murmur of disappointment.

"Looks like I may need get used to losing to you."
 
"Fear not husband, i'm sure their something you can beat me at. Like baking a cake." She laughed and teased. "Truly I should have warned you I was trained by some of the best soldiers in France. I was their mascot. They would let me amuse myself by stabbing the dummies with a sword, and taught me many things a proper lady shouldn't know. It was a way to learn discipline and release some pent up anger that I wasn't allowed to show."

"So shall i take off my boots, or would you prefer to wait until tonight?
 
He laughed at her joke, "well I do know there are things I am more practiced at than you, or the best soldiers in France." He smiled letting her know exactly what he meant, even though the French had a reputation as being great lovers as well as with culinary arts.

"I am starting to wish my wife had grown up a more traditional way, because I see tonight's wedding night will be very disappointing with only one of us getting any enjoyment," he quibbed playfully.

He took one of the bowls and walked towards the water, "no let me do this here so that tonight we both will be waiting with disappointment, I don't want you to be the only one getting any joy," he looked back with a smile, while scooping some water up in the bowl.
 
Back
Top