The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

The troll is incapable of understanding what a chapter is. It's one of his many deficiencies.

I looked through them, starting from the end, rather than the beginning. As stroke stories ( not meant to be offensive, this is just how I identify stories that are primarily sex ) there's nothing preventing you from understanding what's going on if you start reading the last story posted, rather than the first.

You get more out of it if you start from the beginning, but it's not necessary.

There's a distinct beginning to the first story. The end -- to me -- is just a bit too leading. It doesn't quite feel like it has a strong enough ending point and demands a sequel.

The second story jumps directly into the action, but that's more common than uncommon for stroke stories, which quite naturally have a place on this site. This one has a stronger and more distinct end point, and feels more like a complete vignette.

The third story actually has a more distinct beginning than the second. It also has an even more distinct end point. This one absolutely feels like a complete, self-contained stroke tale.

When you read them all together in sequence, they take on more of a chapter feel because they all follow immediately on the heels of each other.

In the end, were it not for identifying the stories as part of a timeline in author's notes -- or perhaps commenters bringing it up -- the troll wouldn't have had a clue, because he doesn't read anything. Someone else may have even sent him a PM feeding him something to bitch about because they want someone else to take the heat for being an asshole, and knew he'd jump on the chance like a rabid dog.

Thank you. I really appreciate the backup and the support and so does my husband. He isn't afraid of a bit of trolling or he wouldn't have written the stories the way he did, but the complaint that they aren't each their own story doesn't hold. Especially considering Laurel allowed them all. My only answer is that my husband and I each have 5 stories between us in this contest and the troll hasn't written anything. Regardless of scores and views and anything else something is a damn sight better than nothing.
And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

OKay, maybe I'm really stupid, but I don't see the word vote anywhere at the end of a story...? Is a vote when someone favorites it? When someone rates it? A comment? Sorry for the dumb question but it's really not clear to me.

The only Dumb question is one you didn't ask.

At the bottom of a story right above where you would favor the story you will see a line of yellow stars under the words "Please Rate This Submission:"

When you move your cursor across them they will highlight. Click on which one you think is appropriate for the quality of the story you read. One vote only is allowed.

The votes run one to five with a five being the best. It will show you this when you highlight the star so don't worry about having to remember.

Do remember that We write here for free. Our only 'pay' is comments, favorites, and votes. So If you like a or dislike a story take the time to at least vote. Comments are nice too.

Welcome to the site, I've only been on her less than a year myself. The biggest thing is to have fun.

So like I said the only dumb question is one that M.S.tarot asked. Grin.

Going to try to get my second finished this weekend so I can take my time editing it next week ( assuming the slowdown today at work carries over ) and then post it on Thursday.

The troll is incapable of understanding what a chapter is. It's one of his many deficiencies.

I looked through them, starting from the end, rather than the beginning. As stroke stories ( not meant to be offensive, this is just how I identify stories that are primarily sex ) there's nothing preventing you from understanding what's going on if you start reading the last story posted, rather than the first.

You get more out of it if you start from the beginning, but it's not necessary.

There's a distinct beginning to the first story. The end -- to me -- is just a bit too leading. It doesn't quite feel like it has a strong enough ending point and demands a sequel.

The second story jumps directly into the action, but that's more common than uncommon for stroke stories, which quite naturally have a place on this site. This one has a stronger and more distinct end point, and feels more like a complete vignette.

The third story actually has a more distinct beginning than the second. It also has an even more distinct end point. This one absolutely feels like a complete, self-contained stroke tale.

When you read them all together in sequence, they take on more of a chapter feel because they all follow immediately on the heels of each other.

In the end, were it not for identifying the stories as part of a timeline in author's notes -- or perhaps commenters bringing it up -- the troll wouldn't have had a clue, because he doesn't read anything. Someone else may have even sent him a PM feeding him something to bitch about because they want someone else to take the heat for being an asshole, and knew he'd jump on the chance like a rabid dog.

Thanks for the supportive feedback. As Beth pointed out I am not going to let some trolling stop me. In fact, as soon as I finsh writing the first non contest entry in my series I plan to write a story with the title "A Fate Fit For a Troll" that will go in the Loving Wives category. As one of my favorite singer/songwriters once wrote "subtle like a sledgehammer."

The only Dumb question is one you didn't ask.

At the bottom of a story right above where you would favor the story you will see a line of yellow stars under the words "Please Rate This Submission:"

When you move your cursor across them they will highlight. Click on which one you think is appropriate for the quality of the story you read. One vote only is allowed.

The votes run one to five with a five being the best. It will show you this when you highlight the star so don't worry about having to remember.

Do remember that We write here for free. Our only 'pay' is comments, favorites, and votes. So If you like a or dislike a story take the time to at least vote. Comments are nice too.

Welcome to the site, I've only been on her less than a year myself. The biggest thing is to have fun.

So like I said the only dumb question is one that M.S.tarot asked. Grin.

So, not really in response to you, MS Tarot, because obvs this is outside of your control...perhaps the voting system needs to be a little more explicit. It has taken me days to get this explanation. I have sent personal messages to site admins and the person who started this thread...your explanation is the first time I have had someone give me a good answer. How are people supposed to know that rating a story is equivalent to voting if it doesn't say that anywhere? I pursued it because I have a story in the contest, other people who don't might not care so much. It might increase engagement with the site if people know these things....

well we hhave two loads of garbage to get rid of today ...

...we'll dump the first on the morninngg truck...

join_together_stop_racism.jpg

stand up to the tex’s of our world!

The following is post # 1246 on the a.i.r. contest support thread. Our AHland racist also posted exactly the same thing in posts #1001, 1004, 1008, 1010, 1012, 1015, 1022, 1024, 1026, 1030, 1034, 1044, 1046, 1051, 1055, 1061, 1065, 1068, 1075, 1076, 1078, 1104, 1120, 1123, 1128, 1133, 1140, 1142, 1146, 1152, 1155, 1157, 1162, 1168, 1170, 1172, 1175, 1176, 1179, 1181, 1188, 1191, 1194, 1196, 1198, 1204, 1208, 1211, 1221, 1223, 1231, 1235, 1237, 1244 and now 1246. The same post EIGHT times on the first page. FIVE on the next page! SIX on the third page! TWO times on the fourth. THREE on the fifth page. FIVE on the sixth. EIGHT on the seventh page. EIGHTH on the eighth page. FIVE on the ninth page. Now he’s up to FIVE on the tenth page. The same post 54 times. He's now up to 267 times posting the same thing OVERALL (unless I’ve missed a few). Mind you this isn't a record for him.

So unfortunately I’m forced to share his disgusting posts on this thread. And of course there are no free rides for enablers. Sorry…

image.php
image.php
image.php

enabling hate in AHland? Why?

Why would our tiger lily threadmistress stand with the stupid people? Simple jealousy? I guess the a.i.r. thread has been making hers look bad...

post #1246 on the A.I.R. Contest Support Thread. Let's all look at our AHland racists posts. We're prepared to expose him for what he is...sad really...

image.php

[size=+1]Please join with me and read my Winter Holiday Contest Story: Christmas Present! [/size]
okay i didn't really write it but it is sooooo good!
fucktard1.jpg

Yes I think that just about covers tex’s qualities…

[SIZE="+3"] WELCOME TO THE FAKE CONTEST THREAD. AND REMEMBER A.I.R. RUNS THE MOST HONEST CONTESTS – THANKS. [/SIZE]
made-up-fucktard2.jpg

But for information and support of the A.I.R. Summer Lovin’ Contest, please go here:

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

No scouries you have three or four more of my warnings on your fake contest thread and you are not getting rid of anything. You are just trying to blackmail me into stop posting. If you want me to stop posting warnings then stop posting about fake contests, fake awards, and fake list. It is real simple and all up to you.

Last edited:
image.php

… is incapable of understanding what a chapter is. It's one of his many deficiencies…You get more out of it if you start from the beginning, but it's not necessary….There's a distinct beginning to the first story. The end -- to me -- is just a bit too leading. It doesn't quite feel like it has a strong enough ending point and demands a sequel. When you read them all together in sequence, they take on more of a chapter feel because they all follow immediately on the heels of each other.

"a chapter feel... :rolleyes:

While others who weren’t there at the time might plead ignorance our little darkboy doesn’t have that out. He was there (and a participant) in the debate and was 100% behind the “no chapter” rule that the QUEEN ultimately enacted

He knows perfectly well that this rule was enacted for exactly this case!

But he isn’t, and never will be, a big enough man to admit it! Go back to your cut-and-pasting little darkboy!

image.php

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately. If you have a multi-chaptered contest-themed submission, please submit all chapters together as one story submission.

Theres even more garbage this morniing! get out the shovels!!!!

Whose shoulders are our house racist and anti-semite sitting atop? As we all know racists and haters can’t exist without enablers…

LynchingCaro_article-small_6238.jpg

image.php

children-prisoners-of-the-nazi-concentration-camp-pic-afp-495735813.jpg

dachau-corpses.GIF

I wonder...:rolleyes:

image.php

Last edited:
well now that the bboss hass gotten rid of some of the racists offal lets get back...

...to some good news! WINNERS!!!!

A.I.R. THANKSGIVING CONTEST 2012

918_1000.jpg

On behalf of all of us associated with the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS I'd like to offer congrats to the OFFICIAL LITEROTICA winners (except for the cheaters).

I’d also like to post the THANKSGIVING CONTEST winners as picked by the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS. These selections are not official LITEROTICA winners. Instead they were designed to reward stories that were the true #1 choices of our readers. Least read stories don’t make it over here!

Not surprisingly in a contest that is decided by the votes of our readers, the A.I.R. winners list for the THANKSGIVING contest is again dominated by some of erotic writings all-time greats. rgjohn of course is a MANU Award winner as well as multiple contest winner and former “most favorited” author. james r scouries, MANU Award winner and author of the most voted on erotic story of all time,, is a previous A.I.R. winner and Top 10 “most favorited”, dazzled us with his brilliant work. The sayheykid is an up-and-comer and Matt Moreau is a Loving Wives superstar. youbadboy is a BAD BOY!

We also like to take a second and ask all of you to remember the brilliant BOSTONFICTIONWRITER who was murdered over two years ago. RIP big guy.

A.I.R. 2012 THANKSGIVING STORY CONTEST AWARD WINNERS

A.I.R. 2012 THANKSGIVING Story Contest
BEST STORY IN THE CONTEST

My Wife’s Young Lovers by rgjohn

MOST VIEWS RECEIVED WINNER

Just One Night by scouries

MOST COMMENTS RECEIVED WINNER

Why Me? by Matt Moreau

MOST VOTES RECEIVED WINNER

With Sisters Help by HeyAll

MOST FAVORITED

Haircut by youbadboy

Thank you boxy for sparing our readers the tiresome and odious pauletta.

Certain stories were disqualified for category problems, failure to follow the theme, or other major infractions. Various authors who broke the one contest-one story rule had their entries thrown out (except for top 25 “most favorite”). Two infamous AH land cheats ( darkboys ALT and the dumbtexan) had their stories tossed for multiple infractions. The pilot posted way, way, way too many stories.

All Non-Erotic stories were disqualified as well as the twenty-two stories identified by our association computers as ALT authored stories.

Congratulations to our winners – well done!​

*Under the ASSOCIATIONS rules a story/author can only win one prize in any contest.
** Minimum numbers of votes are required to qualify in the various categories

And of course news of the latest a.i.r. contest! Merry Xmas everyone...

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Xmas/New Years Contest

tumblr_mbj6f8tLLq1rbq0iso1_500.jpg

a.i.r.’s newest contest…

You can begin submitting your stories on December 1st and up until December 25th . We encourage all contestants to submit their stories as early in the submission window as possible. Those authors who try to abuse the system by entering their stories at the very last hour (using the infamous darkboy technique) will risk having their stories disqualified.

The winners will be announced on or around December 29th

You can discuss this special contest on the tigerlady’s AHland toady thread, or of course here on the A.I.R. thread.

PLEASE NOTE:
While the LITEROTICA Winter Contest runs at the same time as the A.I.R. Contest the two are totally separate and run under a different set of rules.​

RULES (for the A.I.R. section of the contest):
(see the QUEEN for this weeks LITEROTICA Rules and their interpretation)

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately.

- Nor will stories featuring characters, locales, plot lines, etc., etc., that have been previously used by the author be accepted.

- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories (a story can only win one prize in each contest):

1) Best Overall Story
2) Most Views
3) Most Comments
4) Most Votes
5) Highest Score
6) Most Favorites (both author and story favorites)

- A story has to accrue a minimum of 250 votes to be eligible (higher in some categories). The vote, comment, view, favorite, and score numbers that are reported by LITEROTICA will be used subject to final verification by the A.I.R. Computer Center.

- Authors are prohibited from voting or commenting on their own stories. Their votes on competing stories will also be swept away.

- Story must have a Xmas/New Years Theme.

- It must be erotic in content.

- Non-Human/Science-Fiction category stories will not be accepted in this contest.

- Story must not exceed 5 LITEROTICA pages in length (20,000 words).

- Each author is allowed only one submission (under his name and his various ALTS – ie darkboy and the lesslight ALT are allowed only one entry - not two) per contest.

-An exception to this rule has been made for Top 25 “Most Favorited” authors – they are allowed two or three depending upon their ranking.

- No character may be named Pauletta.

- Don’t just submit some rehashed story you’ve been working on for years. We want something fresh. Be creative!

- The "least viewed" story in the contest has absolutely no chance of winning a prize.

- A.I.R. reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or vote-tampering is suspected.
lovergirl (yes the convicted cheat), due to previous infractions of this rule, has been suspended for this contest as she is in the process of serving her 3 contest suspension.

- Every story that meets the above criteria and is submitted to LITEROTICA during the contest period will be automatically entered into the A.I.R. contest. No special submission form must be filled out. We believe in inclusivity!

- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact me by PM or email, or post any questions you have on this thread.

Good Luck!!!

So, not really in response to you, MS Tarot, because obvs this is outside of your control...perhaps the voting system needs to be a little more explicit. It has taken me days to get this explanation. I have sent personal messages to site admins and the person who started this thread...your explanation is the first time I have had someone give me a good answer. How are people supposed to know that rating a story is equivalent to voting if it doesn't say that anywhere? I pursued it because I have a story in the contest, other people who don't might not care so much. It might increase engagement with the site if people know these things....

Well . . . I do have to say that figuring out how to rate a story here isn't really rocket science--and neither is translating "vote" in a contest to just marking one of the rating stars at the end of the story.

La_chica, if you sent a message to me -- the one who started the thread -- I never got it. Sorry you had trouble figuring this out.

Anybody who had the slightest inkling toward believing scouries should have a prime example of exactly what we've been saying now.

He just won his own fake contest, even though he hasn't written a story in almost a year. Check his submission list.

Anybody who had the slightest inkling toward believing scouries should have a prime example of exactly what we've been saying now.

He just won his own fake contest, even though he hasn't written a story in almost a year. Check his submission list.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. That must make him feel so warm and fuzzy that he voted himself a win for a fake story to go along with his fake contest. What a boob or is that Unitit? :D

He is also still posting a link on his garbage posts that has my contest story name on it but it goes to one of his old none contest stories. Ain't he so cool. The only way he can get real readers is misdirection. The post has been report and needs to be report more. It is on every one of his posts.

Last edited:
Oh, good, the strategy worked. I entered "way, way too many stories" to the Winter Holiday contest precisely to keep them out of the fake Scouries "contests." (and said as much when I started entering them) :D

Oh, good, the strategy worked. I entered "way, way too many stories" to the Winter Holiday contest precisely to keep them out of the fake Scouries "contests." (and said as much when I started entering them) :D

You couldn't win one of his fake contest if you just put one in. The homophobic idiot wouldn't allow a GM story to win anything anyway. ;)

I don't know about that though, he won a place in his own fake contest without even submitting a story. :D

I guess when you are the only one who can vote, you can do anything you want.

You couldn't win one of his fake contest if you just put one in. The homophobic idiot wouldn't allow a GM story to win anything anyway. ;)

I don't know about that though, he won a place in his own fake contest without even submitting a story. :D

I guess when you are the only one who can vote, you can do anything you want.

Not all of the stories I entered are GM. One is right down his alley,

(And I have more non-GM stories posted to Literotica under the sr71plt account than over 90 percent of Literotica authors have stories posted here in total. Just sayin'. I think you're maybe sucking too much into the Lovecraft68/Scouries hate campaign being conducted against me here.)

Last edited:
Not all of the stories I entered are GM. One is right down his alley,

(And I have more non-GM stories posted to Literotica under the sr71plt account than over 90 percent of Literotica authors have stories posted here in total. Just sayin'. I think you're maybe sucking too much into the Lovecraft68/Scouries hate campaign being conducted against me here.)

I've read quite a bit of your stuff, even a few of the GM stories so I know what you write and how you write. I was just making the point of scouries homophobia. You are like Dark and I, you're on his shit list so no matter if we did want to enter his fake contest there is no chance in hell of even placing.

His hate is even stronger than his ego. :D

I've read quite a bit of your stuff, even a few of the GM stories so I know what you write and how you write. I was just making the point of scouries homophobia. You are like Dark and I, you're on his shit list so no matter if we did want to enter his fake contest there is no chance in hell of even placing.

His hate is even stronger than his ego. :D

Yes, well, he's not the only forum poster who likes to falsely claim that I only post GM under the sr71plt account name.

Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The cards tell me that there are 67 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.17 from an average of 265 votes. Stories had an average of 23,698 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.19%. The average number of pages is 2.5, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 16,465 votes, 1,587,803 views, 536 favorites and 572 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.17) is 0.43 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 265) is 263. The median score is 4.19, the median number of votes is 153 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.55 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.85 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 13 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 13 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 95 votes swept, being an average of 7 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (5 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (7 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (7 stories)
  • Group Sex (7 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (2 stories)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (10 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (2 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Mind Control (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (2 stories)
  • NonHuman (2 stories)
  • Romance (8 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (3 stories)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Belongs2Beth (3), BenLong, BuckyDuckman, Butterflies512, Cinner (2), datedsoul, DG Hear, D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain (2), Eros5150, friskygirl51, geronimo_appleby, Harlock606, HeyAll (2), inqusitivepuppy (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JayDavid, kms1987, LaRascasse, la_chica, LesLumens, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, m_storyman_x, NaokoSmith, Naughtily_Written, northlander, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), silkstockingslover, SilverSparrow, sirhugs, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, TinyBeth (2), tmoney249, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (2), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

• The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Well . . . I do have to say that figuring out how to rate a story here isn't really rocket science--and neither is translating "vote" in a contest to just marking one of the rating stars at the end of the story.

Ouch. I had no problem figuring out how to rate a story, but it's not obvious that rate=vote when it's not posted anywhere. Until that was made clear, I did not know. Thanks for your condescending reply, but my point is that many people may not understand the process. It's hard to vote when you don't know how. I might not be the only person confused about the voting process, since "the average ratio of votes to views is 1.19%."

PennLady, I was fairly certain I sent you a PM but can't see my sent messages so can't check. Thanks for your note.

Last edited:
Ouch. I had no problem figuring out how to rate a story, but it's not obvious that rate=vote when it's not posted anywhere. Until that was made clear, I did not know. Thanks for your condescending reply, but my point is that many people may not understand the process. It's hard to vote when you don't know how. I might not be the only person confused about the voting process, since "the average ratio of votes to views is 1.19%."

PennLady, I was fairly certain I sent you a PM but can't see my sent messages so can't check. Thanks for your note.

Pay no mind to the arrogant one, most people here will answer you politely.

A vote of course is you voting. The rating is the 1-5 stars, that are sometimes a little hard to see depending on your computer screen.

If you hover over each star it will tell you what it means as in 1-I hated it, 3-keep writing etc...

Just make sure you don't click while your doing that. I once ended up giving someone a 2 by accident and I felt like an asshole.

Well, yes, I think I'm saying that I don't think you are too bright for not being able to figure that out on your own. And is this where I say "you're welcome" for your thanks for my two straightforward responses trying to lead you to the water? Oh, no, wait, you didn't thank me. Well, then.

This message is hidden because lovecraft68 is on your ignore list.

Back