New Poetry Recommendations

New pens (sic)
Most "new poems" are DOA, keep it as short and as original as possible, irresolution is often better than havering a conclusion drawn out for you, a question is better than an answer. With that, I recommend

soft lace and thunder
by
bylive4passion

oneiria sometimes has the knack for that but with oneiria , I often get the feeling I'm reading oneiria. Still, worth a look.

As a consumer I don't want the same old, same old, because very few can do it to a level the makes it worthwhile to read.

I know, I know, I'm jaded. Comes with reading, ya know. Read a hundred times more than you write. There are almost no idiot savants in poetry. Too many idiots, almost no savants. Strive for the middle ground. That is not that hard.

Thanks for this, 12. Good to see live4passion's work again.
 
New poems for Jan 17th

All Night, by chilosahatak

A nice short piece, but the imagery confuses the dreamer and the dreamed.

A Winter's Night by camtimx

The short terse lines of this piece rob the imagery of it's power. It's fine to let the reader's imagination fill in the blanks, but when an image is used for the billionth time, whatever was unique, is lost.

Doodle by IrmaCerrutti

It's probably not fair for me to review an Irma poem. I'm an Irma fan. None of this makes any fucking sense at all, but I love it, anyway.

Colfax Avenue by cavu182

A wonderful remembrance piece in non-erotic. The images are vivid and tells how it was or how it should have been.

Beach Camping by chilosahatak

Another short piece by Chilo. There is no confusion of imagery in this one. The reader knows exactly what's happening, but in this century, there's no excuse for misspellings.

Special note to our most prolific commentator, Tazz317: Sending personal messages in poem comments has to be the least likely way to find your lost love.
 
Nine new poems to read this morning (here, at least).

chilosahatak gives us two, Desktop Stripper, my favourite, and De-boned. Both are short and evocative. I don’t remember seeing this poet before, he’s quite prolific, go check his work.

MisterOcean, new to Lit, also presents two today.Glimps and Hover. He has a choppy, staccato style all his own. I recommend you read his work; it may or may not be to your taste.

IMspidey has his own private dancer in It Pleases Me, a short but descriptive piece. It is the first time I’ve seen “Frederick of Hollywood” mentioned in a poem.

PoissonSurLaLune offers Parents. I really love this concise piece relaying sentiments most of us have about our parents. A must-read.

Kara1234’s Paused is a bleak little poem about lonliness and longing.

Finally I’ll mention abbeyyoungblood’s Morning Sex which is your everyday-garden poetic porn. There is a taste for that too, I know.

So go and read, comment and vote, folks, this is your site. Use it to the fullest.
 
Thanks to all the renewed reviewers, for taking a stanza for creativity, and reigniting this. I enjoy the short takes on the poems, and the reviews steer me to new work, and new poets.

:rose:
 
I missed mentioning Dark by JaxRhapsody, it's a dark piece as you'd guess, all supressed violence and clenched jaw. A bit scary.
 
Last edited:
It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday.

'cept there's no new poems as yet. I'll check back later.

Enjoy your morning, all. (Or afternoon, depending on where you are.)
 
There are three poems, at last, today.
All three are rhymed, and in some way
Relate to sex or love (or both).
But reading them, I find I'm loath
To recommend e'en one to Lit.
I'll simply list, in order writ:
  • Susan Jill Parker: Wicked As Can Be, That Is She is a pretty standard Lit poem about the Narrator's female crush.
  • tzleaze: un-relationship lets the poet vent a bit about a former relationship.
  • Loansum: Suzanne's Needs is a fairly long poem mostly about the eponym's nether parts, with a soupçon of BDSM thrown in. Has a kind of charm for me, due to lines like
    Her tits are squeezed with movements curt
    I feast upon her like dessert.​
    But perhaps that's merely indicative of my idiosyncratic taste.
Anyway, people, that seems to be it for today, so why don't y'all read, vote, and comment your own selves, eh? Poets always need more love.
 
Two titles

Poem Sweet Dreams delivers what its title has promised. Nice. Go ahead and read it. And only then my comment under the poem. I like this poem. It's virtually a miniature. It was written by YoursSINSerely.

Let poem Blink And You'll Miss It stay in the archive forever but if it vanished I wouldn't miss it. The impulse for writing it, as expressed by its title, had potential. It was not fulfilled though. First of all nothing interesting happens in the poem. And on the top of it, it "talks" a lot instead of "showing", e.g. like this:

Kicks the shins of self doubt

ugh. The poem was written by SkellyGurl. Hm, it's this author's first and only Literotica submission so far. Sorry to be somewhat harsh. I hope that for the better.

BTW, I tried to apply blue and green to links. It doesn't work.
 
Last edited:
Thank you, Reviewers! I owe each of you oatmeal cookies. Or curry. Your choice.

As for today's poems . . .

Untitled by AsparaDew has some vivid images and really brings you to this quiet hammock where much may yet happen. Definitely worth a read and a comment.
 
It's Tuesday, so Bronzeage is reading poems.

Confluence by rubyslipper

A short piece with delicate imagery. It works very well.

There was only one new poem posted for January 24. I went back earlier in the week and found three first time poems by new Lit poets. All are worth a look and should be encouraged.


late night and its Quiet by lilcryingpet

Who doesn't like a good spanking poem, especially from the POV of the spankee? This is lilcryingpet's first poem on Lit. The lines are short and crisp, but a little too crisp. The images are clear, but close to clinical. Too many opportunities for richer emotion are missed. Even so, I like this piece and hope lilcryiingpet posts more.

Wanting by CreoleBelle

This is another first posted poem by a new Lit poet. It is a simple address to an unseen listener and tries to explain the effects her lover has upon her. Our narrator neglects to explain why, which is always more interesting. It is worth a read and I hope Creolebelle posts more.

Blink And You'll Miss It by SkellyGurl


This is a delightful piece by another new Lit poet. I especially like the line, "Kicks the shins of self doubt" It is misposted in non-erotic.
 
New poems today. So far, there are only two posted. Neither of them blew my skirt up, but anyone who takes the time to write deserves to be read, so I suggest that anyone interested read them both.

:)

New Poems

Blowjob
and

Soul Friend

Have a great day, all ye fabulous poets and poetesses.

I do have a query, should I not bother with Sunday? I did say I would do every other Sunday beginning last week, but the beloved Senna Jawa whom I have always admired and tried so hard to impress, did the new poems last Sunday... so, one of the mods, please let me know. I am only working part time and I do have the time, but if I am not needed, I would like to know.

Peace and of course, maria hugs to you all.

:heart:
 
Last edited:
New poems, new poet

Great to be logged in and being able to post..I love the poems and the comments

I submitted my first poem for review, it has a Valentine's theme for me. I am looking forward to any feedback, should it be accepted.
 
Great to be logged in and being able to post..I love the poems and the comments

I submitted my first poem for review, it has a Valentine's theme for me. I am looking forward to any feedback, should it be accepted.

Welcome to Lit.

If you want a poem reviewed, please include a link in your post.
 
"Tuesday comes but once a week," said Commander Obvious.

I heard your silent smile by H0rseman

I like this piece for its honesty.

I suppose of all the internet's contributions to modern life, the greatest is it's ability to let a person of any age relive the thrill of adolescent lust. In adolescence, every thrill is followed by a crash. That part of romance, whether face to face, cyber or pure fantasy, never gets old.

Erotic Muses: Polyhymnia by MawrGorshin

This is longer than most Lit poems, with three parts of thirty lines each. It is an ode to three different Goddesses, and makes use of a lot of classical imagery. The first section praises Aphrodite's body in great detail, even her "mount of Venus" which would be her horse. There are a few clumsy constructions in the second part, but the time taken to read this piece will be well spent.

Dark Steamed Milk by Kwestluv

When one browses more academically inclined poetry forums, one of the common accusations is "this is prose." I've heard it more than once, for my own work. After a while it loses all sting. In this case, its more of an indictment. Maybe it could be labeled a poem in paragraph form, if it needs any label at all. The imagery is stark. My early impression was of an autopsy, but it turned out to be a heavy duty BD scene.


BohRhap has three poems posted today.

Your Hands by BohRhap

This is a sweet little piece. I like it, but as with most poems in this genre, it could use more vivid imagery.

Blank Paper by BohRhap

This is a frustration familiar to most poets and the words ring true.

The Hunters by BohRhap


A short descriptive piece. It's not often I am sent to the dictionary, but "trindle" in L2 is a new word for me. A excellent metaphor, but where the hell did she find it"?


so sweet, unbearable by hisperfectgirl

A short simple address to her lover. It's nice for what it is, but needs more of everything.

five flash poems by dawei

Five short non-haiku, yet haikuish poems. Certainly worth the read.


Dad by rubyslipper

Title can sometimes be distracting. If not for the title and the last line, I would think this was about a dog.

A Last Night...by mamacitalu1


We don't see much rhyming work in Lit. I've never put too much value in rhymes, especially if they come at the expense of flow and imagery. This piece is eleven couplets. The first is very elegant, but the rest sound forced. This might work better if the rhymes were abandoned and emphasis was put on the images.

trouble by sandyb

I am glad this one came up last on my list. It is the winner of the day. It is a straightforward address to some poor fool. There is no sugar coating or ambiguity at all.
 
I see bronze has already reviewed today's poems, so I won't bore you with my own comments on the majority of them since I really have very little to say.

I would, however, like to give a particular shout-out to MawrGorshin's Erotic Muses: Polyhymnia, which shows quite good use of an interesting form (thirty line stanzas rhymed abcabcdefdef, etc.). The rhyme is handled well, for the most part, and rarely draws attention to itself, which is hard to do.

Google each of the Muses, by the way. Interesting reading.

Well above your standard Lit poetry. At least I think so.

I also want to second flyte's recommendation of greenmountaineer's Stéphanie of the Mud Stained Knees. I always find gm well worth reading (and almost always learn something from his topics) and this one is no exception.

I'll be gone next Friday, so if bronze or someone else could due the review on February 3, I'd appreciate it.

See ya.
 
Re: BronzeAge's review of my 'Erotic Muses: Polyhymnia'

The 'mount of Venus' is Aphrodite's 'horse'? Gee, I've never heard her adipose tissue called that before. Anyway, thanks for the review. :)

Mons Venus is better translated as mound of Venus, not mountain.
 
There were 9 New Poems today. Please read and comment at will.

Although, in places, the flow of the language seemed choppy, I really enjoyed reading Hmmnmmm's "Waking up in sector 4." Especially, I liked

from shivers that will not stop
running all over bones and under dermal
turf; two and only two options:
retreat or give; that's all: retreat or give.

I also enjoyed Hmmnmm's characterization in "Typical Sector Scene," especially the stanza

Extremities are neighbors
tied together, the sad
rubs the beautiful,
the state of each
the fault of neither.

I'd look at punctuation in this and the opening, but it's a strong start.

SweetOblivion has offered up "What Use is Winter Dusk" and admirably explores a topic though occasionally has problematic meter (4 strong beats rather than 5). It is difficult to use meter so I do empathize, but encourage a glance at Poetry Free for All's scansion threads in their mansion of formal poetry. It was helpful for me and may also yield benefit for this poet. Good for her for daring. It isn't easy and practice makes perfect.

I enjoyed the glib naughtiness of Chilosohatac's senryu "Two-Time." Otherwise, there wasn't anything that caught my interest but that doesn't mean it won't catch yours! Check it out and add a review if you wish. Best wishes, all.

Peace, PG
 
Tuesday's poems are full of grace

Katie Bradley's Sea-monkey by WillowedCabin

One of the common failings of young poets is the use of obscure imagery to express common things. I remember a poem about two people on a dance floor, doing the "Robot" and the poet described it as "Euclidean movement", because Euclid has something to do with geometry and geometry is all about angles.

This poem would seem to fit this category, but it is far from it. The imagery WillowedCabin uses is unfamiliar on first read, but not obscure. Each is a puzzle piece which must be assembled in the mind to see the picture. It is a very haunting picture. This poem is an incredible show of how the mind copes when forced to deal with the horrible. This is today's must read.

You Knew Our Names by BohRhap

A charming piece which shares a family secret with us. I like poems which explores the distant past and pays tribute to the things we never saw, but which make us what we are.

Seasonal People by sylentpoet

This is an honest straightforward confession and pledge. Well expressed.


There are three haiku posted by chiloshatak, Each does what a haiku must do and is worth a read.

Sub by chilosahatak

Sun Shower by chilosahatak
Tiny Dancer by chilosahatak
 
There were only three New Poems today. One of which received the coveted green E.

That would be Night Train by Tristesse2 one of my favorite poets here at Lit. And even if she weren't, I would have loved this descriptive and mysterious piece.
I wish I had the opportunity to vote on it because it is well worth a hearty 5.

The other two are Over by emogirl13 and Inspired by sylentpoet.

They are decent and worth a read, but seemed to me like a thousand other poems on the site. They might tug at the heartstrings of other readers though so check them out.

I would like to see the newer poets put some real heart into their work, use new language and try out some new words. Perhaps even read some of
Underyourspell's or Angeline's poems and get a feel for form poetry. Nothing but practice and reading the work of others will make a better poet.

Have a good evening you all.

~ maria
 
Last edited:
eleven new poems today.

First you'll find Not Without Me, an appealing illustrated piece by Lady_Eryka whose small dog makes the poem.

Next comes Ties by Enygma, a combination of promises and threats.

Call from the Soul by FantasySlut - an interesting idea but, somehow, unresolved.

Then we have AugustMacGregor's Swimming Together. I would have liked the "swimming" analogy to be introduced earlier in the poem but it works well.

Femmom Kali by Ashesh9 leaves me unmoved but someone more inclined to things Yogic might enjoy it.

Pervy_Sage makes an erotic wish-list with All I want is…

Same Page by SweetOblivian is a strange poem that leads the reader in one direction then skips off in another. “Those tongues that meet and twist across the bed” is an odd visual, there’s something a little off kilter about this submission, not sure what though.

Ecstacy by new-to-Lit poet SexyScorpio is really too clichéd for me, there’s nothing new or interesting under the sun here but I do encourage S_S to persevere.

Rothgar’s I was thinking about you today is a stream-of-consciousness wet daydream obviously written for some one but not all of us, at least it didn’t grab me.

Abbeyyoungblood is just plain paranoid in Fear of Falling in Love. I would like to know more – why the fear? Is it a case of TMI or not enough?

Finally my recommendation for today, Jewlery by Tzara, a master of the wistful wishful words. Here he carefully creates the scenarios that, ultimately, can never be. Saying so much with so little.
 
Pervy_sage is relatively new to Lit, with quite a few poetry submission made in the past few days. Three appeared today.

Yin and Yang by Pervy_Sage

A familiar theme, unrequited and unsatisfactory love, told one more time. There is one clever line, "Possessive with nothing in possession".

Mindfucking by Pervy_Sage

There is an old fashioned part of me which wants to grab poets who write about cyber sex and shake them. If you can pretend to have sex while typing, pretend to have sex without the typing.

Fantasy Dreamscapes III by Pervy_Sage

This is similar to the Mindfucking, above. In this piece the narrator speculates about what his lover would do.

free cuntry by WillowedCabin

Another sharp edged piece from WillowedCabin.

Imaginary Lover by KnottLynnHardey

KnottLynnHardey is a new Lit poet and this is her first contribution. It is a smooth piece about the longing of sleeping alone. It starts as if this is in the short term, but soon reveals this is very long term and likely to never end because the fantasy is sufficient.


mistressjeiji is another new contributer. She has two pieces posted today.
i wish by mistressjeiji
This is a sweet address to a lover. The inconsistent punctuation and capitalization are inconsistant, which makes the read clumsy, especially in the last stanza.

make love to me by mistressjeiji

This is another sweet address to a lover, this time with a catalog of needs.

Das Nachthexen Sonett: 01 by Nachthexe

soft boys and hard girls (sonnet) by Nachthexe

It is a day for new contributers. Nachthexe gives us two very good sonnets with classical images. Both remind me of Catullus, which is high praise.

The Frustrated Husband by westcoastjohn

A familiar lament from westcoastjohn. If the page/monitor could answer, it would probably respond, "You are asking the wrong person."

Does He Feel Me When His HeartBeats by crashedn2you

This is the counterpart to westcoastjohn's "The Frustrated Husband", and the answer is the same.

Alone In My Bed by FantasySlut

Fantasyslut is a familiar name, but just recently posted her poetry on Literotica. This piece starts as a lament of lost love, but it is addressed to the speaker, so the problem is solved by the last stanza.


Is This How You Want Me by FantasySlut

Fantasyslut's second poem for Tuesday. Straightforward and to the point. No one needs to ask what's it all about.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top