16/13 ~ The War On Guns Begins.

Against the ownership of guns but you're not a prohibitionist?

You are right..one of us is very confused.

pro·hi·bi·tion
/ˌprō(h)əˈbiSHən/
Noun
The action of forbidding something, esp. by law.
A law or regulation forbidding something.
Synonyms
interdict - ban - interdiction - proscription

Yes, you are a bit of a dummy.

All guns should be stored in the local Government Armoury, as per my previous posts.

They'd still belong to you.

I think that's where it's headed.

2238617_o.gif

A-woman-US-Soldier-smiling-over-a-near-dead-POW.jpg

water-boarding-1.jpg

If you were american would you trust the popo/national guard/army if they told you that they would now bet taking ultimate and absolute power over your well being and security?

24775093.jpg

"irregardless"
picard.jpg

If you don't want a gun I don't think you should have one...I even said if you don't want one don't buy one, cool IDGAF.

Oh I know they aren't taking shit....I'm not even against gun control I just love watching the anti gun jerk off's squirm around the rifle accessories ban they swear will work this time around reguardless of it's epic failure rate at preventing jack or shit.

Toss in some "WTF happened to regulation and education > prohibition?? It works everywhere else you say it will, why is this any different?" but but but....Ban pistol grips!! it will work!! lmao...

You have data on what it prevented? I'd love to see that.

Yes, you are a bit of a dummy.

All guns should be stored in the local Government Armoury, as per my previous posts.

They'd still belong to you.

I think that's where it's headed.

Not it wouldn't...it would belong to those in possession of it.

Tell you what lancecastor....I have 37 thousand dollars in my bank acct that I have managed to save up over the years, it belongs to you now.

But you have to come through me and get my explicit approval to access it...don't worry all 37 grand belongs to you, every penny. I'm just going to keep it safe for you ;)

You think that's where it's headed b/c you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

You have data on what it prevented? I'd love to see that.

Nope...I'm asking for data on what the assault weapons ban prevented, considering 94-04 was the most violent decade on American school campus's ever recorded I'm going to have to say both the "gun free zone" act and the assault weapons ban were EPIC failures. Leave it to the left to champion it's success based on warm fuzzy factor.

Don't worry though, this new assault weapons ban will get rid of a more rifle accessories than ever before which will make it work to reduce gun violence.

Unless you go get the same fucking gun in a "hunting" rifle body kit...or use one of the tens of millions of "assault" rifles already in circulation.;)
1212884018601_f.jpg

Last edited:

Tell you what lancecastor....I have 37 thousand dollars in my bank acct that I have managed to save up over the years, it belongs to you now.

You have it backwards. The guns would still belong to you. They call them Restricted Weapons for a reason....the Consitution restricts your rights to weapons and this is the way to ensure their use is Restricted to Defence from internal or external aggression.

The part about overthrowing your Government would get a bit dicey, but that's what Military Coups are for.

The vast majority of people in the west don't have to worry much about speaking out against their government. We're far from unique there and if you factor in Africa and parts of South and Central America there are nations where the government is exactly what Americans always claim they want, afraid of it's citizens. I know if we want a treaty with Mexico we should probably go over the President's head and find the local drug lord.

Not saying that I'm not happy we don't fear our government, I'm just saying that you make this sound like it's something unique or even terribly rare in the world. We'll see how the Middle East shakes down once all this turmoil passes in another couple of years.

We aren't the only country with rights, but if you look at this map, I see a whole lot of orange, red and black. In the west, you better hope to be born in Canada, the USA or Argentina. Population wise, people with the freedom of to speak their minds are in the minority.

freedom-of-the-press-2012.png

We aren't the only country with rights, but if you look at this map, I see a whole lot of orange, red and black. In the west, you better hope to be born in Canada, the USA or Argentina. Population wise, people with the freedom of to speak their minds are in the minority.

freedom-of-the-press-2012.png

How is the US not orange? Have you seen our news media lately???:confused:

Perhaps because there really are no noticeable problems?

As for the map lets start with the fact that Europe is generally considered part of the "west" when people are talking about east vs west. Australia and Japan are kinda guest members. My point still stands.

I'm kinda curious as to what exactly some problems actually means. I can't remember who it was (I think it was Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck but don't quote me) but I remember Canada flat out refusing some American who wanted to speak at a college. The Canadaians were quick to point out they don't actually have freedom of speech, they have a "good" government that leaves them alone for the most part. Germany is appearing white on the map and last I checked they have some rather strict laws about Nazism and Mien Kampf isn't illegal, just the government bought the publishing rights and refuses to print any new copies, a clever work around to making it illegal without making it illegal.

Some are warriors with guns and weapons. Some are warriors by other means. I am not asking you to choose, just to explore the options available to you.

Yup, agree completely. I was just saying I'd probably choose both, and I'd be honored to be fighting by your side.

But you have to come through me and get my explicit approval to access it...don't worry all 37 grand belongs to you, every penny. I'm just going to keep it safe for you ;)

You think that's where it's headed b/c you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Nope...I'm asking for data on what the assault weapons ban prevented, considering 94-04 was the most violent decade on American school campus's ever recorded I'm going to have to say both the "gun free zone" act and the assault weapons ban were EPIC failures. Leave it to the left to champion it's success based on warm fuzzy factor.

Don't worry though, this new assault weapons ban will get rid of a more rifle accessories than ever before which will make it work to reduce gun violence.

Unless you go get the same fucking gun in a "hunting" rifle body kit...or use one of the tens of millions of "assault" rifles already in circulation.;)
1212884018601_f.jpg

So no one can say if it was successful or not
Odd that those "gun free zones" had guns in them.

Unless the goal was to encourage the most brutal campus carnage we have ever seen I think it's pretty safe to say neither policy was very successful.

Pretty strong indicator of fail wouldn't you agree???

I agree. More guns aren't the answer.

I agree. More guns aren't the answer.

No...but if we get a training/regulatory system in place working well enough (like our machine gun's, silencers, SBS/SBR's and other NFA items we don't seem to be having issues with) we won't need "gun free zones" and rifle body kit ban's for warm fuzzy effects!

You have it backwards. The guns would still belong to you. They call them Restricted Weapons for a reason....the Consitution restricts your rights to weapons and this is the way to ensure their use is Restricted to Defence from internal or external aggression.

The part about overthrowing your Government would get a bit dicey, but that's what Military Coups are for.

an AR-15 is not restricted currently, nor are any other semi-automatic firearms. they do in fact not call them restricted.

the constitution does not in any way restrict the rights to weapons....

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED once again, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

shall not be infringed sure doesn't sound like restrictions to me.

the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

when the second amendment was written the PEOPLE just finished a two year war with a WELL REGULATED MILITIA. they made sure that the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to own and bear arms would never again BE INFRINGED to protect us from tyranny.

an AR-15 is not restricted currently, nor are any other semi-automatic firearms. they do in fact not call them restricted.

the constitution does not in any way restrict the rights to weapons....

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED once again, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

shall not be infringed sure doesn't sound like restrictions to me.

the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

when the second amendment was written the PEOPLE just finished a two year war with a WELL REGULATED MILITIA. they made sure that the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to own and bear arms would never again BE INFRINGED to protect us from tyranny.

And we have sense rejected the idea and it's past time we got together an made an official statement as to what the current right is. It seems that everybody is agreement that felons shouldn't own weapons, can you point out where it specifies that criminals should be exempted from this right? Of course you can't, it's "common sense" today but do you honestly think the men who participated in the Boston Tea Party wouldn't have been labeled Terrorists and denied the right to bear arms had England any control over the situation? Of course they would have been.

It's highly questionable and improbable when you look at the history that the 2nd Amendment was put in place to fight the government. That might have been what they fed the masses and what we still buy but it's unlikely to have been the core goal.

It's highly questionable and improbable when you look at the history that the 2nd Amendment was put in place to fight the government. That might have been what they fed the masses and what we still buy but it's unlikely to have been the core goal.

Good thing we have you here on the GB to interpret the US Constitution for us!

Good thing we have you here on the GB to interpret the US Constitution for us!

It's not the Constitution. It's history. Do most governments respond to a rebellion not by taking the guns away from the rebels but by providing them with the right to own the very guns they'd JUST USED in rebellion against you?

Does that make sense to you? Is that what your reaction would be?

It's not the Constitution. It's history. Do most governments respond to a rebellion not by taking the guns away from the rebels but by providing them with the right to own the very guns they'd JUST USED in rebellion against you?

Does that make sense to you? Is that what your reaction would be?

History of what country?

In the American Revolution the rebels won.

And they didn't give guns to the British after forming their first Government.

At least, not on this side of the StarGate.

History of what country?

In the American Revolution the rebels won.

And they didn't give guns to the British after forming their first Government.

At least, not on this side of the StarGate.

Go look up the Articles of Confederation, the Whiskey Rebellion and the Constitution and then get back to me.

Back