Geek Pride Day! Official Support Thread

Lordy, kids, FINISH. I know I’m pretty fast, but I’m already three stories past Geek Day and taking a bit of a hiatus.

Chop chop!

I'll get there, but I've still got a lot more writing to do. It's a new genre for me.

LoquiSordidaAdMe[/B] (In Progress, 10K+! Personal best, and still more to go. 4/29 personal finish line, Good Luck, Loqui! )

Nope. I'm up past 13k words, but the finish line keeps moving. I'm still confident I can finish by the deadline, but dammit, zero-gravity sex is hard! Er, um "difficult".

Nope. I'm up past 13k words, but the finish line keeps moving. I'm still confident I can finish by the deadline, but dammit, zero-gravity sex is hard! Er, um "difficult".

There’s some speculation whether it’s ever been attempted in space, but folks have tried in “vomit comet” aircraft. Apparently, it really is difficult.

Nothing to push against.

There’s some speculation whether it’s ever been attempted in space, but folks have tried in “vomit comet” aircraft. Apparently, it really is difficult.

Nothing to push against.

I think both partners would have to be anchored, or maybe just one could be strapped helplessly to the bulkhead and...

Heyla Geeks, Freaks, Nerds, and other semi-interested parties.

Sorry, I disappeared up a wormhole into the eighth dimension. Buckaroo Banzai needed some help with his new musical score.

As far as my own semi-literate efforts, my muse gave me the "friends" speech. Since it was on April Fools, I thought it was a prank at first. But, now I'm wondering if she really has lost her interest completely or just with me.

But, that's alright. I was a Geek, Freak, and Perv before she came across my event horizon. I got this. Schwing!

(And if you want the real story, you can read it elsewhere.)

Any road, I'm Hellaciously happy to see you Geeks grooving on the vivacious vibe. And I'm looking forward to ogling your literary goodies exposed on 25 May. (Or hearing, in the case of one potential participating Geek goddess.)

And if you've got the Geek to grok, it's not too late to get your Freak flag ready to fly. Write, submit, and be damned (and praised) with the rest of us.

Then maybe Loqui needs a different solution. Maybe something involving sticky substances would work.

Eew. No, there's a lot of holding on to things and to each other. Lots of spinning in space. Lots of bouncing off walls. One unfortunate collision with a discarded sock. I think it's coming along nicely, but there's no short-handed for this stuff. It takes a lot of words.

but dammit, zero-gravity sex is hard! Er, um "difficult".

Dan Simmons has a zero-G sex scene, included an extended cunniligus scene, in Rise of Endymion.

Here’s the start of my contribution to science
Sex in zero gravity takes one of three things: a firm grasp of Newtonian physics, the hard vacuum combat experience of a veteran Leet Corps space marine, or a great set of really sensitive antennae. My name is Xixa of Xylem, and I have all three.

Dan Simmons has a zero-G sex scene, included an extended cunniligus scene, in Rise of Endymion.

Here’s the start of my contribution to science

I'll have to check those out when I have time... which is in short supply as that deadline looms.

Your quote sounds about right. Unfortunately, I'm writing hard-science fiction. Think Andy Weir or Kim Stanley Robinson. So no antae, and no space marines. Lots and lots of Newtonian physics though.

Unfortunately, I'm writing hard-science fiction. Think Andy Weir or Kim Stanley Robinson. So no antae, and no space marines. Lots and lots of Newtonian physics though.

Hard sf 0g sex is going to be a beast to work out, like 3rd billiards where all the balls are connected with bungee cords of varying elasticity. I dont’t envy you. Maybe cheat and have a character jury rig a sex swing? Something with straps.

But you definitely can’t do what I did. In order to achieve the joke I sought, I decided to fudge mass a bit and hope no one would mind a little mix up of mass and weight for the sake of some baudy humor. Then I received some “fan mail” providing the hard numbers involved when determining the application of the Second Law to a money shot. The next draft of the story mentioned the unlucky fellow had something called a “satyr implant” that I never explained.

Bad physics 0g sex joke said:
"So where's the guy?"

"Out cold." I angle my wrist-top display so the mark's body twirls into Pink's point view behind me.

"You didn't hurt him, did you?" Pink pulls his tentacles out of sight to show me he's serious. "He's a jackass, sure, but not one of the bad guys."

"Relax, Mom," I say, swimming through the air for the normative floor of the pod. "It was all his idea. 'You ever screw in zero-g?' he says. So I says, 'Did it before, s'fun.' So he takes me back to his place, punches some codes into his pod's environmental unit, and says, 'Space odyssey, baby!'"

"You're kidding."

"Nope. I will take the blame for getting him drunk back at the bar, though. Ah-ha! My boots were stuck under his bunk. Anyway—oof—this guy's been mining asteroids up here for two, three years, right? So he must know a thing or two about zero-g. I guess he was too drunk, dumb, or turned on to realize you get equal-but-opposite reactions from bodily functions, too."

"You don't mean..."

"Yup." I push a button on the heel of my right boot and hear a thumping hiss and click as it pressurizes. Damn, I love these big hard-vac combat boots. Great for ass-kicking. "I got his rocks off and he ejaculates himself backwards right into the bulkhead. Mammals, go figure."

I'll have to check those out when I have time... which is in short supply as that deadline looms.

Your quote sounds about right. Unfortunately, I'm writing hard-science fiction. Think Andy Weir or Kim Stanley Robinson. So no antae, and no space marines. Lots and lots of Newtonian physics though.

And...a sock?

Another thought: in zero-g, the semen wouldn’t behave itself either. No matter where it went.

Right, I'm done. Just shy of 34k, and setting up a sequel for next year.

Back to my main project now. I sense that my muse over there -> is a little annoyed at being neglected for so long. I'd better write her a really good mea culpa scene.

Back to my main project now. I sense that my muse over there -> is a little annoyed at being neglected for so long. I'd better write her a really good mea culpa scene.

Well done! I am chugging away. Still a lot to write, but I'm confident it will be done.

Four thousand words is your endgame? You were right. I should have hidden my eyes.

Duly noted. And also "eew" again.

Hey, nobody said space travel was easy. Gives new meaning to the term “the Right Stuff.”

I've got gravity machines to take care of this problem. But the technology is a secret.

Me too. It’d be a funny “alternate history” in a sci-fi story if the ONLY reason humanity embarked on the long, dangerous, and expensive Manhattan Project-style development of artificial gravity was semen containment.

Well! :D Life allowed a little bit of focus and I now have a good start to a story for Geek Pride Day! 2200 words, should be around 8000. A quarter done!

Nice change of pace for me. No huge story arc, just get to the fuckin' (in an interesting way); only two important characters (although you could almost count the setting as a character), and a nice dose of 90s-style, violent weirdness in RPGs.

This'll be fun! :D

Omens?

I just woke up from a very disturbing dream where my next door neighbor "geeked" my goldfish by literally biting it's head off.
I stopped in here and saw that the first and only story I ever tried to write entitled "A Dream" just hit one thousand views.
I go to my first ever gaming convention in the morning, right after I go to do two errands. Get my broken glasses fixed and go to the clinic to run an STD panel.

I do believe the universe is trying to tell me something.
PS: All these statements are true if only in my own reality.

I just woke up from a very disturbing dream where my next door neighbor "geeked" my goldfish by literally biting it's head off.
I stopped in here and saw that the first and only story I ever tried to write entitled "A Dream" just hit one thousand views.
I go to my first ever gaming convention in the morning, right after I go to do two errands. Get my broken glasses fixed and go to the clinic to run an STD panel.

I do believe the universe is trying to tell me something.
PS: All these statements are true if only in my own reality.

I await your Geek Day story with immense interest.

Back