The New Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You be followed, my friend! :D

I'm pretty insipid, but anybody else who...tumbles?...can follow me if they wanna. :)

http://southeast-of-disorder.tumblr.com/

Can someone please give me a simple explanation of tumblr? What I know of it is that it's a place where people aggregate and share images, but as plenty of that for my taste already happens via FB and the twitter machine, I'm curious how tumblr is a distinct experience.

Can someone please give me a simple explanation of tumblr? What I know of it is that it's a place where people aggregate and share images, but as plenty of that for my taste already happens via FB and the twitter machine, I'm curious how tumblr is a distinct experience.
It facilitates media hosting, link harvesting, text etc and is a better image host than photobucket.

It's a very badly flawed blogging platform, which substitutes reblogs for conversational threads. You can reblog and add commentary but most people just pass things on verbatim. As such it is well-suited for people with an assortment of social dysfunctions who want to be noticed but not acknowledged.

I'm tired and I need a nap. But I have to go get kids from school.

Whose bright idea was it for me to learn to drive again? :mad:

It facilitates media hosting, link harvesting, text etc and is a better image host than photobucket.

It's a very badly flawed blogging platform, which substitutes reblogs for conversational threads. You can reblog and add commentary but most people just pass things on verbatim. As such it is well-suited for people with an assortment of social dysfunctions who want to be noticed but not acknowledged.

Basically that. I like seeing and sharing stuff I like with people who also like it, but without feeling as though I have to keep up with actually WRITING a blog. I do enough of that at work.

ETA: Also I feel less dysfunctional knowing that there are grown people who like Neopets as much as I do. I'm so ashamed. :eek:

Last edited:
Basically that. I like seeing and sharing stuff I like with people who also like it, but without feeling as though I have to keep up with actually WRITING a blog. I do enough of that at work.

ETA: Also I feel less dysfunctional knowing that there are grown people who like Neopets as much as I do. I'm so ashamed. :eek:

I don't play it very much (it doesn't usually hold my attention for long), but I wasted MANY lecture hours in vet school playing with my Neopets ;) So did my friend sitting next to me....

I don't play it very much (it doesn't usually hold my attention for long), but I wasted MANY lecture hours in vet school playing with my Neopets ;) So did my friend sitting next to me....

*Adds this tidbit of information to my long list of reasons that I like BBE* :D

You know ... I'm not number one poster in the isolated blurt thread anymore ...

:D::nana::D

I'm tired and sore, and I got back from work late enough that I'll likely be super grouchy for work in the morning...but it was a good day ^_^ I feel very "veterinarian-y".

So, this punk girl I've met 10 years ago turned into a combination of Julianne Moore and Emma Stone. And somehow it totally irritates me, as it shows how much time has passed....uhm..the last 10 years.

If you have a kindle or any other type of E Reader thing, please don't tell me how amazing they are and how they are so much better than books.

Contrary to popular belief I am not a total moron and could go and buy one and use one if I wanted to. I don't want to and yes I have tried numerous times.

I don't need to justify my reasons as to why I prefer a real book and I don't need to hear you wax lyrical about the wonders of kindles. I have heard them all before and quite frankly I love my physical books.

I love running my hands over their spines and remembering where I bought each book and where in the world that book has gone with me and. Yes I know books are bulky and heavy but you know what, I have managed for 34 years lugging books around and I can't see any good reason for me personally as to why I should change that now so please in future just keep you kindle smugness to yourself.

If you have a kindle or any other type of E Reader thing, please don't tell me how amazing they are and how they are so much better than books.

Contrary to popular belief I am not a total moron and could go and buy one and use one if I wanted to. I don't want to and yes I have tried numerous times.

I don't need to justify my reasons as to why I prefer a real book and I don't need to hear you wax lyrical about the wonders of kindles. I have heard them all before and quite frankly I love my physical books.

I love running my hands over their spines and remembering where I bought each book and where in the world that book has gone with me and. Yes I know books are bulky and heavy but you know what, I have managed for 34 years lugging books around and I can't see any good reason for me personally as to why I should change that now so please in future just keep you kindle smugness to yourself.

True that, sister. The only reason I like having ebooks is that it enables me to keep my reading material and not have to move an extra 3 boxes of paperbacks...That was becoming SUPER tiresome xD

Meta-rhetorical.

If ethically speaking the answer to a rhetorical question should be "yes"; is "I really don't know" a better answer than "no"?

This is confusing. I think you might be missing a couple of commas. Also, what do you mean by "better" here?

My anxiety towards being late often leads me to sitting in the parking lot 30 minutes early. (−_−; )waiting...

I got carded when I bought a bottle of cider. J clearly makes me look older, because I never get carded when I buy alcohol with him.

I got carded when I bought a bottle of cider. J clearly makes me look older, because I never get carded when I buy alcohol with him.

Awwww once I got carded at the store, and I said "Ok I'm 32?" Then whipped out my ID, she said "you're 33" and gave me a stink eye. DAMN IT, it was like 6 months after my birthday too and I don't lie about my age. Just thought I was younger :(

Note: I think this year (41) is going to be my lie about my age year. I hate lying, but I've thought long and hard and have come to the conclusion... fuck it.

Awwww once I got carded at the store, and I said "Ok I'm 32?" Then whipped out my ID, she said "you're 33" and gave me a stink eye. DAMN IT, it was like 6 months after my birthday too and I don't lie about my age. Just thought I was younger :(

Note: I think this year (41) is going to be my lie about my age year. I hate lying, but I've thought long and hard and have come to the conclusion... fuck it.

You could always do "anniversary of".

It is the first anniversary of my 40th birthday.

I too, absolutely cannot stand being late. But that mostly has to do with spending my entire adult life so far in a work environment with the philosophy 'if you're not ten minutes early, you're late'.

On an unrelated note. No people in my real life, I'm not having a mid life crises. I'm just finally free to be exactly who I am. And I'm actually pretty darned awesome.

Last year my aunt asked me how old I am. I honestly didn't know. I had to count, and even then I counted wrong. Now I know I'm 29, because people are constantly asking me whether I have some weird anxiety about turning 30. :rolleyes:

*flop* i'm just going to lie here in a heap for a few hours...yes just lie here. mmmmmpillows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back