The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning from the cold bits of England.
I'd like a coffee please, white. Any chance of a slice of toast as well ?
and marmalade, o' course

Ah, a new face. Welcome to the cafe and the AH. I've had one of those days so I haven't been around. I hope you served yourself.

HP, I know you served yourself. ;)

Today is the last Thursday of the year and I've spent most of it on the phone. Part of it was talking to my editor and part of it was a conference call with my publisher. More of it was touching bases with the other half of my publishing house. It seems my latest book sold out in three days and they are making a second run. That doubles my paycheck and then some. :)

Now I need to catch something for supper since I seemed to have missed breakfast and lunch. :rolleyes:

Now that's what I call retirement!

Yeah, the first time I've heard from anyone from the publisher since i finished the final edits on the last book. One day out of two and a half months. They don't know it yet but my editor has the first three chapters of the new book and the overview and has had it for a month. I'm not supposed to even start on it until the first of February. By then, I should have it half finished. :)

Yeah, the first time I've heard from anyone from the publisher since i finished the final edits on the last book. One day out of two and a half months. They don't know it yet but my editor has the first three chapters of the new book and the overview and has had it for a month. I'm not supposed to even start on it until the first of February. By then, I should have it half finished. :)

You might know that 'holidays' mean some blighter working hard.
Well Done, Sir.

I could use a good stiff drink, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that when I'm on medication. Grrr.

I reckon that depends upon the medication type and how much alcohol you imbibe.

Good Luck, Mags. :rose:

Alright! It's Friday morning and it's coffee time!!!!!

Usually, I'd be, like .....

funny_quotes_on_monday_3.jpg.jpg

But this morning, I made it for you ......

03f18ac792c5a92f4c4172ec6df0edbc.jpg

Have a wonderful day everyone :rose:

Although..... I am working tomorrow night. I'm kind of anticipating ....

f5905bb2b8fc3169b35553ca8a0875b8.jpg

And I have my New Years Eve coffee mug all ready for action...... LOL

717vlkH-enL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
Love the T-shirt, Chloe.

I must see if I can get one. . . .

Good isn't it. I want a t-shirt like that mug as well. Can you imagine. Youre lying there in ER and your nurse walks in looking like something from the zombie apocalypse.......

And okay, my sense of humor is evil sometimes :D

Good isn't it. I want a t-shirt like that mug as well. Can you imagine. Youre lying there in ER and your nurse walks in looking like something from the zombie apocalypse.......

And okay, my sense of humor is evil sometimes :D

I hadn't realised that Zombies (see here) had an apocalypse.

If you can send me the image for putting on the mug, I might know someone who can help

Is research a bitch or what? Spent most of the day trying to mesh the past of memory to the fact of today. Late 60's Vietnam with Vietnam of today.

I'm working on a second pot of coffee, which is unusual.

Is research a bitch or what? Spent most of the day trying to mesh the past of memory to the fact of today. Late 60's Vietnam with Vietnam of today.

Think I had more fun. I spent time researching the gay district of Barcelona.

I hadn't realised that Zombies (see here) had an apocalypse.

If you can send me the image for putting on the mug, I might know someone who can help

No problem, right here.
http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/keep-calm-i-m-an-er-nurse-6/

As for the Zombie Apocalypse.....

https://encrypted-tbn1.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMqPituzATZCEldfKpAT_B8mOTdNV2J-4i5nt7o7DMPWbx5EL9ZA

And of course, the eternal question. What does a girl wear to the Zombie Apocalypse (sorry, it's Friday evening.....)

girl-clothing-zombie-apocalypse-14.jpg

http://www.zombie-guide.com/what-a-well-dressed-girl-wears-to-the-zombie-apocalypse/ If you'd like a little more detail on accessories, weaponry, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back