Remove This Story

My take on this is it's the mind of the person judging the mind set of the readers of erotica.

A person reading , say Stephen King is seen as a different type of reader than someone reading erotica.

And it doesn't just stop at erotica.

The person reading a horror novel, the person reading a fantasy novel, or let say a romance novel are all seen as different types of people even though you can have someone that likes to read all three.

It's the guy who, as an adult, still collects comic books must obviously still live at home in his parents basement.

And erotica reader are just as obviously all sexual perverts.

It's all stereotyping.

And for my two cents worth even if the site allowed young teen stories I wouldn't write them. I will dance with that 18 limit when I have to in order to get the story I want told, the way I want it told, but I wont step over it.

Sex with a child isn't about sex. It's about power and the destruction of innocence.

Not like the site doesn't have enough of that type story already but there is no reason to include children.

MST

I have to disagree-but first let me say if you saw my mom's basement you would be envious:D- but here is why I don't agree.

When you read fiction you could be subjected to anything. Horror, murder, rape, drug abuse, child abuse etc....many horror novels contain some sex, many other novels contain sex as well as violence and assorted vices the reader is exposed to a variety of things during a mainstream novel and not all of it si what interests them, its part of the ride

Look at the rape scene in Girl with a Dragon tattoo. Its a violent scene and not written for titillation most readers were upset by it, but it was a big part of the story.

The incest in VC Andrews books was far from sexy, it was disturbing and only a part of a book about abuse.

But in erotica? If you read an incest story its because you are aroused by incest. You didn't come across it in a book like Game of Thrones where two characters happen to be engaging in it. You sought it out, why because it turns you on.

Non con same thing, rape is not a part f the story it is the story. If you are reading non consent here it is because stories of rape get you off.

And underage....if you read a Stephen King book(you know "It" ) and there is a scene of kids having sex, well you did not buy the thousand page book for that, it happened to be there.

If seek out stories featuring twelve year old kids having sex-especially if its with adults-you are reading it because you are turned on by children having sex. Now would that reader molest a child? Probably no more so than a rape reader would assault a woman in R/L or an incest fan would seduce his sister, but....desiring children of that age is more than fantasy, that's an illness and that is what the site is looking to avoid.

Laurel has stated before she knows its not "illegal" but what she is trying to avoid is the pedophiles those stories would draw here and the law enforcement that shadows their every move on the net.

So my point is erotica is read for one purpose, arousal and the "kink" featured is what arouses that person(especially on lit where it is categorized) so you start carrying underage stories....you are catering to people who think children having sex is hot

Again we are not taking 16 which is age of consent we are talking stories of much younger and the story that started this thread is proof that there are people who want to write it and damn straight there are those who read it.

Be honest....you discover your neighbor reads incest you think um...okay, you hear they like rape, that might ring an alarm, but still....hey, its fantasy

You find out that guy has a lap top full of stories of eleven year old girls or boys having sex-maybe non consensual at that-.....tell me honestly....you want that person near your kids?

No. and Honestly if lit did a turnaround and said "sure no age limit" many people here myself included would consider if we want our stories next to those stories.

I'm all about freedom of speech and expression...if it feels good do it...but there is a limit and its not a stereotype. Tour kink tells people what turns you on and children is not an acceptable turn on.

Only by someone who is homophobic.

Quite true, and most phobias are unreasoned fears. Thoughts and emotions come into our minds unbidden: kinks and fantasies are neither acceptable nor unacceptable – they simply are. I see no reason to fear them, and I wouldn’t presume to judge them. Suppression rarely works out well.

Quite true, and most phobias are unreasoned fears. Thoughts and emotions come into our minds unbidden: kinks and fantasies are neither acceptable nor unacceptable – they simply are. I see no reason to fear them, and I wouldn’t presume to judge them. Suppression rarely works out well.

Unless you are suppressing dangerous kinks, as in committing a rape in real life or molesting a child, then suppression is the only way at least until they realize they need some help.

Unless you are suppressing dangerous kinks, as in committing a rape in real life or molesting a child, then suppression is the only way at least until they realize they need some help.
There are in fact laws against rape and child molestation. However, except in places such as North Korea and some theocracies, it is rare to find laws against thought. And this is fortunate, since ideas and art should live in the open air, free to interact, to compete, to experiment, to rise or fall on their own merits. Are some ideas or imaginative works noxious? Yes, certainly, but not allowing them to be expressed drives them underground to fester out of sight. The best remedy for an infection or an unhealthy thought is open sunlight, where it can be seen for what it is and countered with better alternatives. Art is not politics or social therapy, its purpose is not to promulgate approved ethical standards. It reveals us to ourselves, and sometimes that is problematical or unsettling. This is unavoidable and it shouldn’t be surprising, since we are very complex creatures.

There are in fact laws against rape and child molestation. However, except in places such as North Korea and some theocracies, it is rare to find laws against thought. And this is fortunate, since ideas and art should live in the open air, free to interact, to compete, to experiment, to rise or fall on their own merits. Are some ideas or imaginative works noxious? Yes, certainly, but not allowing them to be expressed drives them underground to fester out of sight. The best remedy for an infection or an unhealthy thought is open sunlight, where it can be seen for what it is and countered with better alternatives. Art is not politics or social therapy, its purpose is not to promulgate approved ethical standards. It reveals us to ourselves, and sometimes that is problematical or unsettling. This is unavoidable and it shouldn’t be surprising, since we are very complex creatures.

Thought and obsession though are different. everyone has had some passing thoughts they may not wish to have again, but for the ones where that thought lodges and festers that becomes an issue.

Again there is no actual US law that says you can't write about everything that's been mentioned, but when it comes to erotica it is unfortunately seen in a different light, unfair, but true.

Back