The Official Authors' Hangout Valentine's Day 2018 Support Thread

Thank you.

For now, I stick with the quotation marks; when possible, I try to avoid text formatting, and I don't think it has much added value in this case.

Maybe one day I'll start a new thread for short questions like these; they keep re-occurring, and it would be nice to have them all together. I wonder if such a thread could be placed in the AH, or if the Editor's Forum would be more appropriate.

There already are TWO such threads as Stickies at the top of the Authors' Hangout:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1416194

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=596858

Okay, you are correct. Particularly the second thread--"Authors' Hangout Library"--does give some useful links to information I was thinking of, (particularly post #4), but all of it is deeply buried.

I'll keep them in mind for the next time, and I'll try to add to them when possible, also to bring those threads back to the surface again.

Thank you

It is always difficult for newbies to find out information, not just on Literotica but on many sites. The sticky Welcome Authors! Please Read should be where they go first - but they don't.

Reading the instruction manual for anything is not the first thing people do, but a last resort of desperation. :rolleyes:

It is always difficult for newbies to find out information, not just on Literotica but on many sites. The sticky Welcome Authors! Please Read should be where they go first - but they don't.

Reading the instruction manual for anything is not the first thing most/many people do, but a last resort of desperation. :rolleyes:

bib - so true.

I have added a word - I'm an exception as I usually read what's available to me. I also had an ex who wouldn't do anything until he had read a whole manual from front to back. Well, just the English part. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had a stab at the German translation too.

bib - so true.

I have added a word - I'm an exception as I usually read what's available to me. I also had an ex who wouldn't do anything until he had read a whole manual from front to back. Well, just the English part. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had a stab at the German translation too.

"Instructions? Pfft. We don't need no stinking instructions." *tosses instruction booklet in twenty-seven different languages over shoulder*

--Four hours later--

"Honey? Have you seen what the dog did with the instruction book?"

You'd think I would have learned. Even when I was knee high to a grasshopper I couldn't play with my Lincoln Logs (the precursor to Legos) without checking the blueprints.

Any road, I had decided I was too close to the problem and took two days off from trying to figure out something to write that didn't make me yearn for a :vom: emoji. Not to mention showing a little less and telling a little more. (And spent far too much time on the forums looking for shit to stir)

And now it's ten days to the starting gun. "Fuckity fucking fuck," to quote a smart lady.

Stupid Cupid.

I'm working on something that has nothing to do with Valentine's Day. I'll just toss in a few I luuuv you's and call it a day.

Hi everyone! Nothing like getting your freshly repaired computer back from the Apple Store to foster a sudden desire to frantically write out all your recent ideas. I missed the last contest or two due to working on story series additions, but I'm determined to finish something in time for VD 2018. I've picked up a story sketch that was sitting around for a while, and hoping to flesh it out into something good. (One frisky couple invites another to join them on a little weekend getaway for Valentine's Day, with a swinger seduction plan in mind.) Good luck to all!

Ack! 5 days and me with not a damn thing!

How the fuck did that happen considering I started scribbling back in early December?

Well, I did finish one. But have ended up trashing it and digging it out of the recycle bin twelve or thirteen times now to see if there is anything there I can salvage.

I'm still trying though. Idea number four hundred and twenty-seven (version D) is begun.

How's it going out there in VD land?

It’ll get done. Maybe not by the 19th, but it’ll get done.

Just need to write the payoff part, which I’m waiting to “get in the mood” to do. No rush

I'm running late. I was certain I'd be ready with one for the 19th but nooooo. Time is precious now. Every minute counts.....

I'm running late. I was certain I'd be ready with one for the 19th but nooooo. Time is precious now. Every minute counts.....

I'm down to the final scene on mine. I have three weeks to get it in before the deadline. That gives me time to finish it, to think about it a little more, and to smooth out the details. I'm targeting a late-January date.

I have six part-written Valentine stories but none of them inspire me to complete them.

I'm going back to an older abandoned draft story to see if that works any better.

Well I totally forgot about the story that I was writing and I only just finished the first draft. It's a lot shorter than I expected but there are still a few things that I want to add.

Which means another Chloe 30,000 word story...

And here's me, I might get a 10k thing in before the comp closes, might not. We'll see.

And here's me, I might get a 10k thing in before the comp closes, might not. We'll see.

I just thought I would be further along also. I should have worked on it today instead of posting a personal and chatting with people on here.

Heard some good stories I might use in the future though!

LOL. Screw Your Roses, Asshole is up to 12k and beavering away - shooting for 20k with all the hot sex. Fields of Gold is 25k words and maybe half done or a bit more.... Burning out those Intel processors. :eek:

LOL. Screw Your Roses, Asshole is up to 12k and beavering away - shooting for 20k with all the hot sex. Fields of Gold is 25k words and maybe half done or a bit more.... Burning out those Intel processors. :eek:

Yeah, yeah.

Bitch.

:)

You just gotta run on nothing but coffee and imagination. Get all wired on caffeine and your brain can't slow and your fingers can't stop... LOL.

Then comes the crash.... :eek:

Try that for thirteen months and a half million words. Then you can :eek: :D

You just gotta run on nothing but coffee and imagination. Get all wired on caffeine and your brain can't slow and your fingers can't stop... LOL.

Then comes the crash.... :eek:

Umm, that was me in the last year as an undergrad and the first year in grad school. That was forty years ago. Ah ain't doin' it now.

I used to eat chocolate to help keep the energy going. The darker the better.

Umm, that was me in the last year as an undergrad and the first year in grad school. That was forty years ago. Ah ain't doin' it now.

I used to eat chocolate to help keep the energy going. The darker the better.

And in 30 or 40 years time, Chloe will be on Lit or whatever it will be by then saying....

I don't believe myself, I'm breaking all my rules. Recently I joined the penguins and popped a thing into Incest for the first time since the last time, and it just climbed to a Red H. That was nice.

And now I've just finished a little something in time for the Valentine's Day comp. How did that even happen? I've only ever entered one themed comp before.

It's really better suited for Summer Loving (it being blazing summer here, and there's a beach in the story) but that means waiting for my winter and that's too far away.

Besides, there's love and a red flower (if not a rose) so if that's good enough for Carnal Flower, it's good enough for me.

But still, me breaking rules? That doesn't sound like me at all... not.

Back