Parents' clones

S

Strangebuddy

Guest
I decided to play with the idea of cloning but with a twist.

A secret raid occurs on a biotech company that has been working on secret projects of secretness. In the basement, they find tons of embryos and fetuses that have been frozen and marked with different names. The agents who are investigating find that the company has been perfecting cloning and cryogenics for decades. They've been stealing placenta from births so they can practice cloning, make stem cells, and perform other experiments with possible plans being making organ banks or cures they can sell back to the people they got material from. The government shuts the operation down...but they ultimately decide to allow the clones to be raised to birth, assigned new names, and be given to new families far away From their originals.

Years go by and families start going on vacations or move. Daughters and sons start talking about their great new boyfriends and girlfriends. Parents decide to meet them and see themselves staring at a retroactive mirror.
 
does it end with the parents having sex with themselves?


(as in their clones...)
 
does it end with the parents having sex with themselves?


(as in their clones...)
For that, the parents would steal their kids' BFs & GFs. BAD parents! But let's start with the kids and the clones. They were not raised together and don't know of their shared DNA so it's *inadvertent* incest. Nice and innocent and believable.

The parents encountering their clones, ah, that's another thing. Let's say you meet your child's lover, an unknown-to-you clone of your biological self. What would make you BEGIN to suspect that 1) you'd been cloned and 2) this was it?
 
I figured not all parents would suspect it, though they would get an odd feeling about it. Maybe they do they do some more investigating or the clones also have issues they had as children or rare traits (two eye colors and left handed for example, or maybe the kids consult their mom about a problem with a female clone being too tight for penetration, a condition she had to deal with). Or maybe the government let them know that material was stolen from them at birth and was used for cloning experiments...but kept it classified that they were planning on raising the clones, creating a cover story that they got rid of "medical waste". So the parents are suspicious from the start.

Of course, it could be that right after the kids get engaged, the government finally declassifies what happened and let all of the parties who had their material get stolen know about the clones.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Once the clonage becomes public knowledge, the storyline has the usual options. Who decides to live openly; who in hiding; who moves to favorable jurisdictions; who breaks up? The story could track the disparate consequences of each. Could be a long serial, eh?
 
True, this idea has a lot more potential than I thought. I mean, unintentional incest (I see a lot of folks moving to New Jersey if they decide to stay together). But also you could have parents competing with kids either for comedic or dramatic effect (depending how long the clones have been frozen, you could have a kid dating a clone that's older than them by a few good years and be only a few years younger than their parents (mom likes the more virile version of her husband or maybe dad's gone or passed away, so the clone is unintentionally filling out multiple needs).

Or...maybe there's no attempt to stop the pairing but it causes issues for parents. For example, clone identifies as a Lesbian, mom has always said she was straight with the occasional lesbian attraction so maybe she's been in the closet for a long time or has been hiding a part of herself (or maybe the clone has a unique soul or doesn't feel comfortable with heterosexual relationships despite actually being bi) Or maybe clone is living life far better than its progenitor ever did, leading to jealousy or a warped attraction.
 
Back
Top