What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not according to the only definition of treason applicable in Art. 3 Sec. 3. of the Constitution.

Yeah...

...anyone constitutionally-charged to uphold and defend the Constitution who then proceeds to intentionally and purposely circumvent the Constitution is, in fact, waging an overt act of war against America.

If that is not, in fact, the case...

...then all who overtly rebel against such primary lawlessness, such tyrannical government, are the traitors.

Thus, in such a lawless scenario, whomever exhibits the most power will prevail...

...and the founders' and framers' glorious experiment with the rule of law - not men - will have failed.

Read much Sam Adams and Mason and Henry, vette...

...or are you much more of a statist-Lincoln kind of guy?

I'm a true liberal, vette...

...that's why "conservatives" and "progressives" despise statist-hating rebels like me.

And that's exactly what reaffirms to me every day that the side I stand firmly upon...

...is the right side.
 
You can say something is treason, I can even agree, but it isn't really treason for purposes of the law unless it meets the Constitutional test.

I do believe that any public official who willfully violates his sworn oath should face the death penalty, but we really ought to call it something else.
:)

Come up with something more fitting than "treason" to tag not only the intentional usurping of the law but also violating the very spirit of the founding of this great nation...

...and I'll listen.
 
How about First Degree Willful Intent To Violate The Public Trust, or Capital Breach Of Oath?

Try again, please...

...without sounding like you're a member of some Obama-appointed Congressional committee.

Or...

...how 'bout we Amend to make the perfectly descriptive "treason" unquestionably applicable in your mind?
 
Report: Obama officials issued $216 billion in regulations last year


The Obama administration issued $236 billion worth of new regulations last year, according to a report from a conservative think tank.

The analysis from the American Action Forum, led by former Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin, found that the administration added $216 billion in rules and more than $20 billion in regulatory proposals in 2012. Complying with those rules will require an additional 87 million hours of paperwork, the report said.

The group put the total price tag from regulations during Obama’s first term at more than $518 billion.

American Action Forum credited the administration for erasing $2.5 billion in regulatory costs last year, but said that paled in comparison to $34 billion in regulatory compliance costs reported by top companies since 2009.









The Environmental Protection Agency racked up the most in regulatory costs last year, according to the report, issuing $172 billion worth of rules. Regulations from the healthcare reform law tacked an additional $20.1 billion in costs onto the economy.

The Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform law, several EPA clean air rules and the Affordable Care Act were the most notable regulatory expenses last year. But prison reform standards and conflict minerals regulation also cost a total of $10 billion in 2012, the report found.

Though the study lists the costs of regulations, it does not calculate any benefits that might have resulted from them.

The American Action Forum is the policy-focused sister organization of the American Action Network.


Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/a...6b-in-new-regulations-last-year#ixzz2I2FtHO31
 
Opps



The American Action Forum is a forward-looking policy institute dedicated to keeping America strong, free and prosperous. It seeks to promote common-sense, innovative,


Yup RIGHT WING

Don't sound like an AMERICA HATING LEFTY:D
 
OUR NATION’S PROBLEMS, NEATLY ENCAPSULATED:



Under the law, President Obama must submit a budget by the first Monday in February, but he has met the deadline only once. The annual budget submission is supposed to start a congressional budgeting process, but that has also broken down. The Senate last passed a budget resolution in 2009.


Worst. Political. Class. Ever.
 
I blame SandyCliff Bush

Core Retail Sales Beat Despite Electronics And Appliance Sales Drop; Empire Fed Misses Big


Good news, bad news on the economic front this morning. The good news: December advance retail sales rising 0.5% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, up from a 0.4% revised November print. Excluding the volatile auto sales, the number was up 0.3% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, and up from a 0.1% decline. Excluding autos and gas, the print was 0.6%, on expectations of a 0.4% increase. The biggest increase in December retail sales by category was in food services and drinking places which rose 1.2% in December, the same as November. Strong numbers were posted at clothing and accesory stores (+1.0%) and health and personal care (+1.4%) - all very low margin sales. Yet where the report was undisputedly weak, and where many were hoping for a boost but did not get it, was in the higher margin electronics and appliance stores, which dropped -0.6% in December, down big from the 2.3% increase in November, and further weakness for those hoping that December saw a surge in spending over gadgets and gizmos.As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months. Alas there was no hurricane in December to blame this major miss on. Oh yes, we remember, "the fiscal cliff."
 
Their biggest sin is they come up with the facts.

How do you know? All we're looking at is a headline of political hacks saying something political. Can we see some data please?

And then once we have the cost nailed down, let's factor in the benefit from those regulations.
 
Core Retail Sales Beat Despite Electronics And Appliance Sales Drop; Empire Fed Misses Big


Good news, bad news on the economic front this morning. The good news: December advance retail sales rising 0.5% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, up from a 0.4% revised November print. Excluding the volatile auto sales, the number was up 0.3% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, and up from a 0.1% decline. Excluding autos and gas, the print was 0.6%, on expectations of a 0.4% increase. The biggest increase in December retail sales by category was in food services and drinking places which rose 1.2% in December, the same as November. Strong numbers were posted at clothing and accesory stores (+1.0%) and health and personal care (+1.4%) - all very low margin sales. Yet where the report was undisputedly weak, and where many were hoping for a boost but did not get it, was in the higher margin electronics and appliance stores, which dropped -0.6% in December, down big from the 2.3% increase in November, and further weakness for those hoping that December saw a surge in spending over gadgets and gizmos.As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months. Alas there was no hurricane in December to blame this major miss on. Oh yes, we remember, "the fiscal cliff."



Everyone knew all along that the manufactured fiscal cliff "crisis" was having a negative impact on consumer behavior. Now it's no excuse?

Your paste left out good news about inflation being low and flat, and consumer prices dropped for most things. The price of gas dropped -1.7%, finished energy dropped .3%, and food (especially meat) dropped .9%.
 
Which metric?

As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months.


BTW, had you decided to READ the PM, I woulda sent you

You woulda bought a stock, and it woulda been up 120% in 8 days and you woulda paid a BUNCHA taxes

But YOU didn't, so you didn't and you wont:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top