The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocent of what, my dear.
But one thing I simply have to know about:-

A Beer Cocktail ?

WTF ?

A beer cocktail? You mean like black velvet? :p
Erm... whatever I need to be innocent of?

Yes, a "Beer Cocktail," and it was delicious! The bar takes one of the many fancy beers they serve and use it as the base for a new cocktail. I had a Bellini with Blackthorn Cider as the base. It was fantastic - light, crisp and very refreshing.

Frankly, Duchess, a terrible day. I woke early with painful cramp; snoozed on the sofa most of the morning until I went shopping, and was not at all with it this afternoon.
Tonight, "the Management" finally caught up with me. When I've worked out quite how the 'new, improved' teaching thing works, I'll let you know.
First impression is that we're teaching the little dears to pass the exam, not understand the basics of the subject.
That sounds like what my mother and her peers have been forced to do for years now. "No Child Left Behind," my ass.

Yes, a "Beer Cocktail," and it was delicious! The bar takes one of the many fancy beers they serve and use it as the base for a new cocktail. I had a Bellini with Blackthorn Cider as the base. It was fantastic - light, crisp and very refreshing.

That sounds like what my mother and her peers have been forced to do for years now. "No Child Left Behind," my ass.

Erm . . Bellini ?

"Oh yes, Madam, we have a 100 percent pass record"
[ Pity the little bah-lambs cannot spell or even talk clearly ]

Erm . . Bellini ?

"Oh yes, Madam, we have a 100 percent pass record"
[ Pity the little bah-lambs cannot spell or even talk clearly ]

Bellini

That sounds delish, anna!

Oh God, I am so crashing. Only two essays left but I shall have to do them in the morning. :mad:. I hate working on Tuesdays, but I shall say "Whatever" in the comments boxes in a minute, LOL.

And I actually do get to teach, not teach to pass, so I should treasure it and do it when I can keep my eyes open.
:rose:

Bellini

That sounds delish, anna!

Oh God, I am so crashing. Only two essays left but I shall have to do them in the morning. :mad:. I hate working on Tuesdays, but I shall say "Whatever" in the comments boxes in a minute, LOL.

And I actually do get to teach, not teach to pass, so I should treasure it and do it when I can keep my eyes open.

We'll have to get Anna to tell us the details.

Here come the storms. There goes the internet. Let's hope we don't have another night like we had in 2006. My heart goes out to Oklahoma. Peace be unto you.

Here come the storms. There goes the internet. Let's hope we don't have another night like we had in 2006. My heart goes out to Oklahoma. Peace be unto you.

Isn't it horrible? We're getting a thunderstorm started already, but I am truly thankful that we aren't in an area that tornadoes tend to hit.

My heart is being added to Molly's for the people in Oklahoma.

Sigh, every spring it's the same thing. I tell you, given a choice between earthquakes and brushfires versus tornadoes, I'll stay here. You can build against 'quakes and landscape against fire. But when a tornado has you in its sights there is nothing, absolutely nothing, you can do but head for the cellar and hope it isn't some force five that will suck you right back again.

Sigh, every spring it's the same thing. I tell you, given a choice between earthquakes and brushfires versus tornadoes, I'll stay here. You can build against 'quakes and landscape against fire. But when a tornado has you in its sights there is nothing, absolutely nothing, you can do but head for the cellar and hope it isn't some force five that will suck you right back again.

Evening, Bear. Yeah, and we have volcanoes out here too. Still, my heart goes out to them.

Interesting you should mention earthquakes, just saw this article today.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/slideshow/Earthquake-scenarios-in-Washington-62835.php

No place is safe, I guess. It's just all in what you can get used to. I was born here. If I find myself in a place where the ground holds still, it feels strange.

Isn't it horrible? We're getting a thunderstorm started already, but I am truly thankful that we aren't in an area that tornadoes tend to hit.

My heart is being added to Molly's for the people in Oklahoma.

Hoping you are all safe. :heart:

Here's that beer cocktail. Who wants one?
JohnEB87 B shared "IMAG0576.jpg": https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E36DC84BBA23CC83!389&authkey=!AOYCXDIUHg7qddM

Bother, I went to bed at the wrong time. Mmm, Bellinis! The cider version sounds great, anna.

Hullo, bear. I'll just put the coffee on for HP and me.

Up until three years ago, my wife's cousin lived in one of the neighborhoods that got leveled tonight. Another dear friend's son goes to a school that was two blocks from the one that got the worst of it. Sending prayers up for those in OKC tonight.

Prayers for the dead & injured.
Stay safe, Molly.

What we really need is a "fingers crossed" emoticon.

So - the 'Beer' was actually Cider?

Up until three years ago, my wife's cousin lived in one of the neighborhoods that got leveled tonight. Another dear friend's son goes to a school that was two blocks from the one that got the worst of it. Sending prayers up for those in OKC tonight.

I'm so sorry. Hope you are all safe and well? Hope it's not too bad.

HP, maybe anna finds that beer sets off her allergies. It does mine, it's the hops.

Good morning, naked people! I've got a fresh pot of coffee if anyone wants some. :)

Evening, Bear. Yeah, and we have volcanoes out here too. Still, my heart goes out to them.
I skimmed through those pre-eruption pictures to see if they had one my family submitted to our local paper for the one-year anniversary. Nope.

No place is safe, I guess. It's just all in what you can get used to. I was born here. If I find myself in a place where the ground holds still, it feels strange.
That's very true. I might have been up in this corner for ten years now, and oddly they do get the odd tornado or earthquake, but I find that I still miss the mountains.

So - the 'Beer' was actually Cider?
Yes, but the bartender still considered it a "Beer Cocktail." I can only go with what they called it. :)

HP, maybe anna finds that beer sets off her allergies. It does mine, it's the hops.
No, I don't have any problems with beer... except for stouts. *shudder* Too bitter for me. I generally go with the flavors that appeal to me and yesterday, the cider called.

Good morning, naked people! I've got a fresh pot of coffee if anyone wants some. :)
No, I don't have any problems with beer... except for stouts. *shudder* Too bitter for me. I generally go with the flavors that appeal to me and yesterday, the cider called.

It sounded delicious, very refreshing. Coffee, yes please! :)

I skimmed through those pre-eruption pictures to see if they had one my family submitted to our local paper for the one-year anniversary. Nope.

That's very true. I might have been up in this corner for ten years now, and oddly they do get the odd tornado or earthquake, but I find that I still miss the mountains.

Yes, but the bartender still considered it a "Beer Cocktail." I can only go with what they called it. :)

Hey! Don't diss the Guinness... ;)

I know! All those hours I could be writing wasted on useless sleep. :D

Stop it, stop it. If you're not careful you'll start to feel happy and fulfilled and then how will you ever write a magnum opus crafted out of agonising mental and physical pain, horrible anxst and caffeine overload! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back