Dominion: Out of Character (OOC) Thread


It requires nothing special from anyone but me.

I just wait for a good post on which to end the prior chapter, then write a longer and reflective post to introduce the new one, as I have done
here.

Now, you just post as you did before.

I love it, especially this:

Josephine believed as long as at least this one bastion of libertinism remained, the world would always have hope.

You explain, in one sentence, exactly why, beyond pure perverse hedonism, Josephine has devoted her life and treasure to creating and maintaining her extraordinary manor.
 
Finding Inspiration Information

I want to publicly acknowledge that I borrowed a bit of information today from one of PrincepsCyberius's posts in one of mine for another thread. Knowing what I know of his highbrow tastes, I'm sure any wine he includes in a story is first rate!

I did this again in this post in yet another thread.

Thanks again, Augie!

:)

You're welcome, Cutie!

I'm glad to have helped inspire some posts!

Indeed, it brings up a point that might help some of our co-writers while Dominion seems to be lagging a bit: Look to each other for information, and not just in our posts.

I posted this today:

"Make Karen famous?" Ian raised an eyebrow. "I suppose it's possible. She has a decent voice and, with today's technology, that's enough. She has been dancing since she was a toddler... taking lessons. She's quite good. With Josephine's fortune behind her, we could hire whatever music producer and promotion team we need. Hell, with the money in showbiz, Josephine might even consider it a worthwhile financial investment!"

(Emphasis added.)

I based the highlighted information about Karen's character on Casey's
profile:

attachment.php


She describes herself in her biography as: "Dancer. Singer. Lover." We have seen in her recent series of posts with Malcolm and Mary that she's an accomplished "lover." I hope Casey doesn't mind that I also injected into her character "dancer" and "singer."

In any case, my point is, if you're stuck looking for something on which to base a post, as it seems a lot of us have been lately, you can look outside the story a bit for inspiration.


 

Attachments

  • Casey.JPG
    Casey.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1
Has everyone vanished from the game?

I haven't. I was just waiting for sufficient time to pass for Mary to dress and return. I'll post now to keep things going.

Similarly, I'm allowing for the time Chrissy would take to shop for the provision's for tonight's French feast. Also, I'm trying to recruit a new player for a character whom Chrissy might meet while she is out and about.
 
I haven't. I was just waiting for sufficient time to pass for Mary to dress and return. I'll post now to keep things going.


Similarly, I'm allowing for the time Chrissy would take to shop for the provision's for tonight's French feast. Also, I'm trying to recruit a new player for a character whom Chrissy might meet while she is out and about.

Just checking, there had been a lack of posts in almost a month.
 
With Apologies to AmberStar and Aussie_Wolf

I need to apologize to AmberStar and Aussie_Wolf. I somehow missed the fact that it was my turn to post. I have remedied that now.

Sorry!
 
New Author and Character


I realized I forgot to announce this earlier. In case anyone hasn't noticed, we have a new author and character:


Lacy Monroe — a food critic (played by angelique127)


Angelique, you are urged to post a description or a photo of your character on this thread.

Welcome to Dominion!
 
Thank you for inviting me to roleplay with you on this wonderful thread. I hope I can meet everyones expectations...I love the way everyone is committed and a excellant writer. The storyline is very erotic...

Lacy Monroe is a southern girl from New Orleans who recently landed a job as a writer and critic at a well known magazine. Of course New Orleans is famous for it's rich and varied cousine... she is young, single by choice, not wanting the baggage of a relationship at this time being committed to her career. Lacy is bi sexual, loves both men and women and attracts the interest of both usually because of her good looks and sweet southern charm and friendly manners. She dresses in professional attire while on assignment but underneath Lacy prefers sexy lingerie, stockings and heels.
 

Attachments

  • 60bfd06ef3cd06671c656ef6e5167e11.jpg
    60bfd06ef3cd06671c656ef6e5167e11.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you for inviting me to roleplay with you on this wonderful thread. I hope I can meet everyones expectations...I love the way everyone is committed and a excellant writer. The storyline is very erotic...

Lacy Monroe is a southern girl from New Orleans who recently landed a job as a writer and critic at a well known magazine. Of course New Orleans is famous for it's rich and varied cousine... she is young, single by choice, not wanting the baggage of a relationship at this time being committed to her career. Lacy is bi sexual, loves both men and women and attracts the interest of both usually because of her good looks and sweet southern charm and friendly manners. She dresses in professional attire while on assignment but underneath Lacy prefers sexy lingerie, stockings and heels.

I'm so glad you joined!!!
 
I don't recall, did Mary get dressed?

Yes she did, here:

Mary had donned a sky blue summer dress with nothing underneath. Barefoot, she took the more direct route down the back stairs. As she passed through the kitchen, she thought she heard Ian's distinctive voice saying something about making Karen famous.

"She's quite good," Ian continued as Mary crossed into the dining room. "With Josephine's fortune behind her, we could hire whatever music producer and promotion team we need. Hell, with the money in showbiz, Josephine might even consider it a worthwhile financial investment!"

"I'm not sure what you're thinking," Mary commented as she returned to her seat at the dining room table. "But you ought to talk to Josephine and Karen before you give it much more thought. I suspect the last thing they would want is anything that would lead to the paparazzi permanently camping at the front gate."
 
Shall we jump ahead?

The most recent post on the story thread was this:

Lacy smiled at Mary, a very striking woman herself, who unmistakingly undressed her with her eyes. She didn't comment and felt it was a compliment. Lacy felt a sexual undercurrent about this place but had only been here several minutes. Everyone Lacy had met so far were very attractive and friendly.

Ms. Shuster opened the cupboard and got a clean apron...

" Why thank you Christine. Now tell me what you want me to do. Your wish is my command. " Lacy said, as she put on the apron.

Chrissy would start taking charge in the kitchen. I have to believe that describing the process of cooking a French feast could get quite tedious. Meanwhile, the action in Josephine's office seems to be coming (pun intended) to its climax (punning again).

It seems to me this is a good point to jump ahead a few hours, perhaps to the point where everyone is getting dressed in their costumes for dinner.

What do you all think?
 
I'm okay with that...:kiss:

What kind of costumes ?


Chrissy is to prepare a French feast for a Louis XIV style masquerade.

Assume a fancy costumer from Chicago has sent up a van full of appropriate 17th Century outfits.


Also note that several hours have passed since our last posts!

 
Nubian Legend, who writes in our story as Maurice Turner, has not logged in since December 5, 2017. I just sent him this:

KaseE said:
Hi!

I was sorry to have you disappear in the middle of our scene at Dominion. The story has now moved well past that. Here is how I explained your disappearance:

Karen awoke, her legs still entwined with with Dawn's, on the huge bed in the ground floor master bedroom. She and the chauffeur had slipped down the hall to this suite after a sudden crisis in one of his cases had called Maurice away from their lovemaking. Josephine had taken that opportunity to leave them as well.

"Rise and shine, Lover," Karen whispered when she saw Dawn's eyes flutter open. "We have a party to attend."

I see you have been gone since early December, so I do not know if you'll be back. If you do come back, I hope you'll read and catch up and join back into the story!

I hope you all think that's okay.
 
Rrr

The empress dressed like the Sun King. Perhaps she would permit me to kiss her hand.
Disabled men had needs also, professor edgeways thought. A kiss to her, was an orgy for him.
He wheeled towards the kitchen like a loyal dog
 
Last edited:
It appears Aussie_Wolf has not logged into Lit since December 4. If no one objects, I'll establish in a later post that Prince Carl Gustav had to leave the manor unexpectedly. We can hope Aussie_Wolf will eventually return and have his character do the same.
 
It appears Aussie_Wolf has not logged into Lit since December 4. If no one objects, I'll establish in a later post that Prince Carl Gustav had to leave the manor unexpectedly. We can hope Aussie_Wolf will eventually return and have his character do the same.


Please do this, and let's all hope he is well and eventually returns.
 
Absent Authors

It appears Aussie_Wolf has not logged into Lit since December 4. If no one objects, I'll establish in a later post that Prince Carl Gustav had to leave the manor unexpectedly. We can hope Aussie_Wolf will eventually return and have his character do the same.

Aussie_Wolf still has not checked back into Lit since December 4, and Nubian_Legend, likewise, has not been here since December 5.

Meanwhile, Hard_Rom has not been here since July!

Several other writers, whether active on Lit or not, have not posted in many, many months.

Is it time to shut it down?

Or time to recruit?




 
Back
Top