Dragon Ball: Forgotten Generations (OOC)

I didn't know he was Kid Flash, you can definitely hear a bit of Ron in Star Lord, that's actually how I caught it. Midway through . . .whatever the episode is where Gamora "betrays" the team and suddenly I was like. . .wait. That's Mr. Stoppable isn't it?
 
I also watch a lot of subbed Anime and I actually like a lot of Japanese voice actors/actresses as a lot of guys (or young guys) are actually played by females.
 
I'm a big anime fan but I still like my guys sounding like guys. Personally I can't stand Goku's japanese voice actress. But even in American cartoons there's at best a 50/50 chance that a young boy is actually voiced by a woman. Bart Simpson is a woman, Ben 10 is a woman off the top of my head. Pretty sure Gohan in the DBZ dub is a woman as was Frieza.

The voice acting community over all is fairly small. Like every black girl in every cartoon is Cree Summer. Seriously ALL OF THEM. Keith David (or David Keith both of these are real people) voices like 90% of the big monsters in the universe. I forget his name but Joe Swanson (Family Guy), Coach Barkin (Kim Possible), Doc Samson (Venture Brothers) and countless others guys are the same guy.
 
Yeah and don't forget Patrick Warburton. That guy plays practically everyone and he does movies and TV.

LOL actually that's the guy you were thinking of. My bad.
 
i can never remember his name. But yeah he's in EVERYTHING. To the point where it's almost weird when he's NOT on a show. There are a couple more people who really get around. Jeremy Irons (Scar) gets an epic fuck ton of work, Tim Curry gets around a fair bit as well.
 
Of course for the girls his counterpart would be Tara Strong. That girl is in everything and has been for years,

And Damn she is cute too. Wasn't she a front runner to play Supergirl as well?

latest
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I'd forgotten her name for a heartbeat. She's the voice of Ben 10 at least young Ben. And Twilight Sparkle. And Raven. And. . .yeah she's in every gorramned thing.
 
Sorry I haven't written anything yet. I've had a very busy weekend. The end of the semester is getting closer and I've had a ton of homework. Hopefully I can write within the next few days. I haven't forgeten about you guys :)
 
Sorry I haven't written anything yet. I've had a very busy weekend. The end of the semester is getting closer and I've had a ton of homework. Hopefully I can write within the next few days. I haven't forgeten about you guys :)

IRL sucks.

Good luck with school!
 
Now that's a name I honestly don't recognize. But I was right Tara Strong is kid Ben. You know who also gets around and barely ever sounds the same is Grey DeLisle. Cus Daphne Blake, Azula and Mandy do not sound remotely the same to me.
 
And then you have the woman who has worked on everything although not really as a voice Actress (although she has occasionally), Ms Andrea Romano.
 
Personally, I'm with Cheetu-- I'm loving watching Vanessa go all "Into The Badlands" on those mooks.
 
Aside from not knowing her name why not go with the voice actress who actually voices your character?

Revy of Black Lagoon
I'm almost certain that's the girl in your pic.

Barring that she looks like she'd sound like Sheego of Kim Possible. That kind voice where she's quite capable of being emotional or sultry but generally speaking she's just bored to shit and kinda snarky.

Shego

Teen/Adult Charmcaster would probably be a good choice.

Can't find a good Charmcaster montage on the fly but I'll try to glance about for one.

I could probably dig up a few more.
 
I would also suggest Jennifer Garner, because apparently I'm trying to get the whole cast of "Alias" up in here.
 
I'm a the more the merrier sort but it ain't my call.

Who else do we have from ALIAS?

Also has someone mentioned Summer Glau? She does a reasonably good voice but as I'm thinking about it more Grey Delise is really the easy call in this case because I can very very easily see Princess Azula heir to the Saiyan Throne. Hell the only "problem" is that Azula doesn't have a lot of range emotionally. She goes pretty much from 'Zero Shits Given' to 'Full on batshit crazy' but that's just the character, Grey can do whatever the hell she wants as she's proven with years of Daphne.
 
Summer Glau was the voice of Supergirl one time! Definitely appropriate for a Tears character!

Amy Acker as Flute and Greg Grunberg as Foggy, so both my named characters are from "Alias." Didn't realize it 'till after the fact.
 
Oh, I never watched Alias so Amy Acker to me simply Fred and to a lesser extent just part of the Joss Whedon family cus he clearly likes his peeps like damn near everybody from Firefly was in at least one episode of Buffy or Angel, a lot of them showed up for an episode or two of Dollhouse as well.
 
Yeah, Flute is definitely heavily influenced by Fred, but Amy's character on Alias was a stone cold bad-ass so there's elements of that.

Amy's character on Person of Interest is a brightly-smiling cryptic sociopath who'll cheerfully rattle off an anecdote while brutally kneecapping dudes with dual-wielded Glocks, so maybe Flute'll evolve in that direction.
 
Do you guys have room for another in this game?

You definitely have my vote for joining, for what that's worth!

The others have kind of paired off a bit, and I've been contemplating Flute's next move. If it's okay with Tears, maybe we could do a thing?
 
I'll throw up a concept next time I'm around a computer. Thanksgiving and all. :) But I'll happily pair, just see if you would be up for the type of character I'm bringing to the table.

I have two ideas because one character I played in a DBZ game on another site that went on for a good two-thres years before it died. The concept I'm presenting is something entirely different. I thought if I just make an outright new character, it may open up some interesting doors in creativity that I have yet to open.
 
Back
Top