Dear X,

Dear X,
I don't get close to people in RL. I have online friends, yes, but that's not quite the same. But you? You I let in. I was close to you. I trusted you...I cared about you.

You lied. You made my habit of not believing in people reinforced.

You've broke my heart, and I'm not sure this is something I can just walk away from. I truly cared about you. I still do....even though I know I should walk away.

Me

You lied. You made my habit of not believing in people reinforced.

You've broke my heart, and I'm not sure this is something I can just walk away from.

You can walk away - maybe you should - their loss, your win. Wiser and stronger and they will probably repeat the same mistake with someone else. If you are wiser you won't let anyone pull that on you again.

You can walk away - maybe you should - their loss, your win. Wiser and stronger and they will probably repeat the same mistake with someone else. If you are wiser you won't let anyone pull that on you again.
Yes. I can walk away physically ..and I will. Walking away from the hurt? That's going to take awhile.

Dear young lady server with the baby girl voice,

I am sorry that I made you cry. HOWEVER, I wasn't mean. I didn't raise my voice. I was understanding when you brought drinks, and there was no syrup in the sodas and they had to be replaced. I was polite and patient for the 45 min after you served the rest of the table (forgetting all the side dishes), that it took you to finally bring my order.

I was even polite while listening to you bitching to the rest of the wait staff about how my order wasn't coming, instead of actually doing something about it. I was still polite when you finally did bring it, and it was completely wrong.

It took every ounce of my being to remain polite when you suggested that you could put in a re-order, but it would take a while since the kitchen was busy. I very calmly informed you that I really didn't have another 45 min to wait, since we had been there for 2 HOURS already and that I needed the check and the manager.

I think you crying pissed me off more than any of the other events of the evening. Please rethink your career choice and for Christ's sake get a big girl voice you whiney sniveling twit.

Sincerely,
The Bitch at table 16

Dear use to be someone that mattered.
Im shell-shocked

I wish I could get to the pissed part. That I can handle.
God help you when I do get to the angry stage.

Last edited:
shell-shocked

I wish I could get to the pissed part. That I can handle.

some sayings have different meanings depending what part of the world you come from - either way it could work.

In a few words which may not be understood for the intention I offer... Emotions are what we place upon ourselves, they are not delivered upon us by others. It is how we react to circumstances. Someone may indeed be an arsehole toward us but we are actually in charge of our emotions toward that situation. A person does not make us sad, sorrowful, angry, happy, or ecstatic - these are emotions that we place upon ourselves. That person, no matter what they have done, is not in charge of your emotions - you are. You choose to be upset, angry or sad - you are in charge of that. They did not inflict that on you, you took it upon yourself. So - understanding where emotion comes from means you can be in control of it. You can choose not to be upset even if you disrespect someone. Don't let them have that control over you - your emotions are yours. Dislike, disrespect, pity if you will but don't let them take your emotions from you - they are yours - you are in control of them.

If you understand this... then you may realise that it is indeed a simple enough process to decide not to be angry or upset. You are actually responsible for those emotions - you can fuck them off. I am not suggesting forgiveness or indeed not scheming for revenge haha - but you are in charge of your hurt and while you place that blame on someone else it remains so much harder to move on from that. Choose not to be angry or hate - then you win, they lose. Keep your disrespect if you choose - but how you react to it is up to you.

some sayings have different meanings depending what part of the world you come from - either way it could work.

In a few words which may not be understood for the intention I offer... Emotions are what we place upon ourselves, they are not delivered upon us by others. It is how we react to circumstances. Someone may indeed be an arsehole toward us but we are actually in charge of our emotions toward that situation. A person does not make us sad, sorrowful, angry, happy, or ecstatic - these are emotions that we place upon ourselves. That person, no matter what they have done, is not in charge of your emotions - you are. You choose to be upset, angry or sad - you are in charge of that. They did not inflict that on you, you took it upon yourself. So - understanding where emotion comes from means you can be in control of it. You can choose not to be upset even if you disrespect someone. Don't let them have that control over you - your emotions are yours. Dislike, disrespect, pity if you will but don't let them take your emotions from you - they are yours - you are in control of them.

If you understand this... then you may realise that it is indeed a simple enough process to decide not to be angry or upset. You are actually responsible for those emotions - you can fuck them off. I am not suggesting forgiveness or indeed not scheming for revenge haha - but you are in charge of your hurt and while you place that blame on someone else it remains so much harder to move on from that. Choose not to be angry or hate - then you win, they lose. Keep your disrespect if you choose - but how you react to it is up to you.

Very nicely stated.

Dear X,

The crazy bad weather that is leaving us is headed your way. Tornado sirens went off in multiple counties, winds shaking out houses. Hope you and yours are safe at home.

Your used-to-be friend,
Me

Sounds good but its hard to not have all these feelings of hurt and anger when someone important stabs you in the back.

2 things I cannot tolerate. Being lied to or being accused of something I didn't do.

Dear Canadian and American Women's Hockey Teams,

One hell of a game, hard fought on both sides, exciting to watch.

To the ladies in red, congrats on yet another (4th in a row) Olympic Gold.

Fuckin' Eh!,

E

Sounds good but its hard to not have all these feelings of hurt and anger when someone important stabs you in the back.

2 things I cannot tolerate. Being lied to or being accused of something I didn't do.

I didn't always have that approach and I struggled for a long time with a blame game and the hurt I viewed one person had caused for so many. I too had some of the most vicious (and indeed false) accusations made against me. Of course the more I reacted or the more I let my emotions nearly ruin my own life the more I was just playing into that person's hands. It spanned for 20 years and I also believed it impossible not to have all those feelings.

An epiphany - in an instant it was clear and just so simple. I think I laughed and cried with happiness for days over it. I was in charge of my emotions. I chose to stop reacting. I took away the target. I also knew it totally infuriated that person but I really didn't care about that either - didn't care what they said, or how they felt.

Such a simple change in perspective dramatically changed my life. To be honest I have no idea how I may have reacted if someone put this philosophy to me prior to realising myself. Probably would have told them to "Fuck off with your bullshit forgiveness nonsense" - but it actually has nothing to do with forgiving that person - I don't forgive them at all for what they have done - but I do forgive myself for feeling and responding the way I did though.

If someone lies to you and makes false accusations and you start carrying anger and hurt - they are winning big time. View them with slight disdain or better yet just dismiss them as unworthy people and they lose. Have faith in yourself and the right people around you will see that. The person who lies and makes false accusations just becomes an idiot. They can twist themselves up as much as they want - so what.

Energy vampires thrive on the negativity they cause - when you appreciate that you are in charge of your own emotions you can easily deny them what they crave. Ultimately it is the best revenge.

I didn't always have that approach and I struggled for a long time with a blame game and the hurt I viewed one person had caused for so many. I too had some of the most vicious (and indeed false) accusations made against me. Of course the more I reacted or the more I let my emotions nearly ruin my own life the more I was just playing into that person's hands. It spanned for 20 years and I also believed it impossible not to have all those feelings.

An epiphany - in an instant it was clear and just so simple. I think I laughed and cried with happiness for days over it. I was in charge of my emotions. I chose to stop reacting. I took away the target. I also knew it totally infuriated that person but I really didn't care about that either - didn't care what they said, or how they felt.

Such a simple change in perspective dramatically changed my life. To be honest I have no idea how I may have reacted if someone put this philosophy to me prior to realising myself. Probably would have told them to "Fuck off with your bullshit forgiveness nonsense" - but it actually has nothing to do with forgiving that person - I don't forgive them at all for what they have done - but I do forgive myself for feeling and responding the way I did though.

If someone lies to you and makes false accusations and you start carrying anger and hurt - they are winning big time. View them with slight disdain or better yet just dismiss them as unworthy people and they lose. Have faith in yourself and the right people around you will see that. The person who lies and makes false accusations just becomes an idiot. They can twist themselves up as much as they want - so what.

Energy vampires thrive on the negativity they cause - when you appreciate that you are in charge of your own emotions you can easily deny them what they crave. Ultimately it is the best revenge.

I completely understand what you are saying. I am able to snub my nose at certain people this way if they do me wrong. You are right..it burns their ass.

For example, Anyone that knows me on here knows the story of my in-laws and the way they are. I turned my back on hubby's siblings and go on about my life, and it kills them that hubby has my back. I am a lot like you in the regard of giving people the big old "Fuck you." The last family function I was at was the last straw for me with them. I removed myself from hubby's family, I realized those people were not my family and just because I married into it did not mean I had to socialize with them. I cut them from my life, my children's lives. I freed myself from their bulliness and cruelty.

But, that said. What I went through earlier this week was a little different. I don't see my feelings as being caused by this person who turned on me. All my feelings are towards myself, and letting this person in. I trusted someone and truly cared for them. I am disappointed in myself because I let them fool me.

I did as you said..i removed the target. I told this person to never contact me again, that i was done.

Now...where am I at in all this? I've pushed it down, I'm staying busy and going on with my life. I try not.to think about this person, to not care about them any more. I can honestly say right now if they contacted me? They would get a big old fuck you.

Last edited:
Dear current landlord,

Thanks for being a douche about us moving out, even though I gave you 45 days notice instead of 30. At least you are consistent.

Cheers,
M

Dear Saucy,
Wow, Girl!
If you could bottle that stuff up and sell it on the BDSM pages you'd never have grief about a landlord ever again. Personally, if you wanna channel those kinda feelings where they would be appreciated we should talk.
tmmm

Dear tmmmbrrr,

You mean I could be getting swag for all this snark I've been giving away for free?

Well damn it. :D

M

My Dear, Beautiful Wife,

I wish you were here.
But you're not, you're there.
And there doesn't know how fortunate it is.

Missing you,

Sitting in Business Class

Dear A-hole on his phone,

First, I want to thank you for almost running me over in the parking lot because you were distracted by your phone. That was invigorating, dodging your car while trying not to slip on the ice. But letting me listen to your conversation about the ongoing squirrel problem in your yard? How indulgent of you! I had no idea rodents could be such a central part of one's existence.

Fuck you, Phone Man. I hope you spill coffee on your crotch and drop your phone in the toilet. And I hope those squirrels chew the fuck out of your house.

All the best,
The lovely woman a table away that keeps glaring at you.

Dear X

Why do I always run into women who talk the sex talk and do nothing. X as Yoda said eithe 'do or don't do' no in between. Maybe my age is showing.

Dear sexy girl,

It never ceases to amaze how effortlessly we fall into each other's arms, your kisses always finding me. Despite the familiar rhythms and grabby-holdy spots, you still make it new and surprising. Like those first days, awkward, sweet, and magical in equal measure.

So good to be back home, with you and the kids. I can't stop smiling.

You should know, I'm already yours.

Welcomed home in style,

E

Dear Guy....

Why the fuck did you have to go and die? You knew I couldn't survive on my own, that's why you asked Christeen to take care of me. Why you didn't ask Bill, I will never know.

I am mad at you for dying. I am also mad at you for beating me. I am confused. How could you hit me if you loved me? But you never said you loved me, did you? I never remember you saying the words. We got married cuz Cocaine told us it would be a good idea. I stayed for the drugs and booze. I lost my children and my self respect. In the end, I existed. Sort of like a cockroach.

I remember you telling her that you loved HER. "There has never been anyone but you." Which made me feel real good after 26 years of marriage. Funny, I should end up with HER husband, isn't it?

So, in the end, my darling, I am alone, sort of. I pay my own bills and live in my own apt. And I am more in love than I have been in years.

And I'm ok.:nana:

Dear Universe,

Please grant me here-to-fore absent self restraint in dealing with bureaucracy. In return I will repeat,in my head, I am a rock in a sea of chaos, and I will not punch the superintendent in the throat. I've heard you like that sort of thing.

thanks in advance,
M

Dear Pack of Teenagers in the Corner,

Is it currently in fashion for today's teenagers to emulate the behavior of hyenas while in public? Could you choose a quieter animal? A sloth would be ideal; they seem to be nearly silent. If I can hear you cackling over the Mahler blasting through my headphones, we have a problem.

Please shut the fuck up. Thank you very much.

Cheers!,

The quiet woman in the other corner

Dear Random PM'r

You contacted me, yet you don't contribute to the conversation. You say you want to play, yet leave long delays between responses. Sorry, that is not chatting, goodnight. :rolleyes:

Dear nose and adjoining sinus cavities,

If you do not quit misbehaving by either being stuffed up so badly breathing is impossible, or running like a river, I am going to have you all surgically removed and reattached to Justin Beiber's butt. How do you like that? That would teach you.

cutting off nose to spite face,
Minxy

Back