Women Enjoying Groundbreaking Economic Gains because of Republican Policies

DawnODay

Literotica Guru
When Republicans passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in December, congressional Democrats denounced the legislation as a reckless attempt to help wealthy corporations at the expense of everyone else. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., famously dismissed the law’s benefits to most taxpayers as “crumbs.”

Six months later, many of the groups Pelosi and other Democrats warned would be worse off as a result of the tax reform legislation — including minorities, women, and small businesses — are not only thriving, they are experiencing some of the most notable economic growth in the country's history....

Women are also enjoying groundbreaking economic gains. May’s 3.3 percent unemployment rate for women is lower than any rate recorded since 2000 and is on pace to be the lowest annual rate since 1953.

As difficult as it may be for Pelosi and other advocates of higher taxes and more government control to admit, the successes of the Republican tax reform legislation clearly illustrate that when people are empowered to keep more of their own money, everyone in society benefits.​

J. Haskins, Six months in, tax cuts are already providing historic gains for minorities, women, and small businesses, Washington Examiner (Jul. 3, 2018) (emphasis added).

Last edited:
When Republicans passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in December, congressional Democrats denounced the legislation as a reckless attempt to help wealthy corporations at the expense of everyone else. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., famously dismissed the law’s benefits to most taxpayers as “crumbs.”

Six months later, many of the groups Pelosi and other Democrats warned would be worse off as a result of the tax reform legislation — including minorities, women, and small businesses — are not only thriving, they are experiencing some of the most notable economic growth in the country's history....

Women are also enjoying groundbreaking economic gains. May’s 3.3 percent unemployment rate for women is lower than any rate recorded since 2000 and is on pace to be the lowest annual rate since 1953.

As difficult as it may be for Pelosi and other advocates of higher taxes and more government control to admit, the successes of the Republican tax reform legislation clearly illustrate that when people are empowered to keep more of their own money, everyone in society benefits.​

J. Haskins, Six months in, tax cuts are already providing historic gains for minorities, women, and small businesses, Washington Examiner (Jul. 3, 2018) (emphasis added).

It's not that they get to keep more of their money, it is that they get to spend it where they want. For instance, buying a new washing machine or paying for needed car repairs, or otherwise benefitting the economy, besides improving their own lives.

According to Sentier Research, when President Obama left office the median household income for all Americans was $58,056. Under President Trump, the rising tide of median household incomes rose to $62,175 by June – a jump of more than $4,000. And income for black Americans has been lifted as well.

Under President Trump, black employment has grown by an average of nearly 40,000 each month. In January 2017, the black unemployment rate stood at 7.8 percent. It’s now at 6.6 percent.

The number of black Americans with a job has risen by 708,000 from last year. Not only are black wages and incomes up since the election of Donald Trump – black employment has repeatedly hit historic highs.

And it isn’t just black Americans who owe President Trump a vote of thanks. Employment among Hispanics and among women – even those with only a high school diploma – has hit the same kind of record-breaking highs.

J. Meister, Trump is gaining black support because his policies are improving the lives of all Americans, Fox News (Aug. 20, 2018) (emphasis added) (while this is an editorial, I quote only the part that summarizes public record statistics).

Another shitty start to the weekend for racist dawn. And it's from the only source "she's" deemed credible.

Trump Halting Equal Pay Measure A Blatant Attack On Women

Why Trump’s attacks on preexisting conditions are an attack on women

100 Days, 100 Ways the Trump Administration Is Harming Women and Families

Damn dawn you're getting fucking ruined!

You might be better off citing sources that are more than biased opinions, such as Dept. of Labor statistics.

You might be better off citing sources that are more than biased opinions, such as Dept. of Labor statistics.

Sure thing. Prepare to get your racist asshole destroyed.

First, the average weekly wage for women is 81.3% of what men earn.

A quote from a Department of Labor official who worked during the Obama administration said this: Pamela Coukos, a former Department of Labor official who helped develop the Obama-era rule, argued that employers who are required to be more transparent tend to have smaller pay gaps, pointing to unionized workforces and public-sector employees.

Your orange Nazi hero has also managed to depress real earnings for everyone, again from the BLS: Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted, from July 2017 to July 2018.

Of course we don't need big numbers that the BLS provides. We can just look at Trump's own den of thieves and see that women are paid less than men.

Way to get your fucking ass handed to you racist. Have fun at the next Klan meeting with dawn.

there was just last night a story about this on pbs newshour. according to paul solman, 7% of the corporate savings have been passed on to workers. the vast majority of it was used for buybacks which have enriched shareholders. if home depot had used their cuts to raise worker's salaries they could have given every employee an $18,000 annual raise.

i'm sure you can watch the story at the pbs website.

Sure thing. Prepare to get your racist asshole destroyed.

First, the average weekly wage for women is 81.3% of what men earn.

A quote from a Department of Labor official who worked during the Obama administration said this: Pamela Coukos, a former Department of Labor official who helped develop the Obama-era rule, argued that employers who are required to be more transparent tend to have smaller pay gaps, pointing to unionized workforces and public-sector employees.

Your orange Nazi hero has also managed to depress real earnings for everyone, again from the BLS: Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted, from July 2017 to July 2018.

Of course we don't need big numbers that the BLS provides. We can just look at Trump's own den of thieves and see that women are paid less than men.

Way to get your fucking ass handed to you racist. Have fun at the next Klan meeting with dawn.

The first and third link say men have more highly paid jobs than women. In itself, this is not a big deal. What would be meaningful would be if men and women were holding identical jobs with identical seniority and men were being paid more. If Mr. Jones is a computer programmer with a degree in computer science and Ms. Smith is a data entry clerk with a high school education, Jones is going to have a higher income than Smith. That's just a fact of life, that educated people make more money than those who are less educated.

I'm not sure of the message of the second link. It seems to be saying there is a slight fluctuation in salaries and wages compared to inflation, which isn't exactly news. The primary message I took from it is that people are working a few minutes more per week and are making substantially more money. Do you think this is a bad thing?

Last edited:
Gee Dawn, I don't know why the Republicans would want to help us women with our humble employment - after all, according to Trump we're "fat pigs". That's what ropes us together in sisterhood, Dawn ;).

The ones who are going to be forced to give birth?

Even the young ones who can barely take care of themselves?

The economic boom is OBAMA'S. The crash was under Baby Bush. OBAMA got us here.

Gee Dawn, I don't know why the Republicans would want to help us women with our humble employment - after all, according to Trump we're "fat pigs". That's what ropes us together in sisterhood, Dawn ;).

I thought the "Fat Pig" comment was about someone specific. Personally, I've always found the "Grab `em by the pussy" line to be the most offensive.

Look, during the 2016 primaries, I was essentially a "Never Trumper." I did volunteer work for Walker, then for Rubio. They had both withdrawn by the time of the primary in my home state, so I voted for Cruz.

After Trump won the nomination, I had to do a lot of soul-searching. I was tempted to vote third party, but have always considered that a wasted vote. I finally came to agree with a friend of mine who said: "Better to have the cretin than the criminal."

Thus, I've been pleasantly surprised by Trump's performance. Despite what Vera writes below, there have been demonstrable quantitative and qualitative improvements in the economy directly related to actions Trump has taken that Obama didn't take (indeed, much of the improvement comes from reversing Obama's various unilateral actions), and Clinton would not have taken. Meanwhile, his adoption of a "peace through strength" foreign policy has brought progress in many places that were spinning out of control prior to 2017.

Do I like Trump? Not particularly, but numbers don't lie. Women and minorities are doing much better now than they have in decades, if ever. He deserves much of the credit for that. It would be dishonest not to give it to him.

The first and third link

You asked for BLS data. It proved that women get paid less than men. Now you're moving the goalposts because I fucking ruined your asshole. You're such a racist misogynist box and you're pathetic.

Keep moving those goalposts though. Enjoy your next Klan meeting, racist.

"Better to have the cretin than the criminal."

So you voted for the treasonous racist? That makes sense.

The Wilson Construction Co. in Canby, Oregon, will be expanding its workforce by at least 20 percent in the coming months, says Stacy Wilson, who runs the business her grandfather founded 65 years ago.

Wilson credits the tax reform law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, that President Donald Trump signed late last year for making the expansion possible....

“We are investing more in employee wages and benefits and bonuses,” Wilson continued. “We are spending millions on equipment and assets, and in general, we are just seeing a huge increase in the work that is coming out, because utilities are spending more to update this aging infrastructure.”

The number of employees could even grow up to 30 percent, she said.

“We have a lot of large projects that are starting,” Wilson said. “This will make a lot of difference. Really, these incentives that are good for businesses are really important for our employees, but also the communities we work in.”

The tax reform law cut the corporate tax rate, previously the highest in the world among developed countries, from 35 percent to 21 percent, putting the U.S. on par with most other industrialized nations, and thus making it more competitive.

The tax law also cut individual tax rates and eliminated some loopholes.​

F. Lucas, These 2 Companies Plan to Expand Workforce by 20% Thanks to Tax Reform, Daily Signal (Oct. 2, 2018).

It's not that they get to keep more of their money, it is that they get to spend it where they want. For instance, buying a new washing machine or paying for needed car repairs, or otherwise benefitting the economy, besides improving their own lives.

Didn't women get to spend their money where they wanted before?

After Trump won the nomination, I had to do a lot of soul-searching. I was tempted to vote third party, but have always considered that a wasted vote. I finally came to agree with a friend of mine who said: "Better to have the cretin than the criminal."

Hillary is no criminal; Donald is.

Back