30 in 30 Companion Thread

That was fun! :D

It really was. :) I enjoyed today's Rictameters. :D

GP, I loved what you did with your Fib.

Trix, your titles piece was so very good today.

I was going to borrow a different song lyric than the one I actually used. I tried a few, actually, and nothing was coming together. Then, I decided just to write about Sarah. Well, the best that I could in the time crunch I'd gotten myself into. It was a bit of a happy accident when I realized I could slip a lyric into the piece. :)

Sarah McLachlan's a favourite of mine calli, you do her justice with your lovely poem. She works tirelessly to promote musical education for Canadian youth to try and stem the flood of cancelled classes in our public schools.

It really was. :) I enjoyed today's Rictameters. :D

GP, I loved what you did with your Fib.

Trix, your titles piece was so very good today.

I was going to borrow a different song lyric than the one I actually used. I tried a few, actually, and nothing was coming together. Then, I decided just to write about Sarah. Well, the best that I could in the time crunch I'd gotten myself into. It was a bit of a happy accident when I realized I could slip a lyric into the piece. :)

Thank you :) I'm calling them Bookends and I'm going to see if I can finish out the 30 with them.

Sarah McLachlan's a favourite of mine calli, you do her justice with your lovely poem. She works tirelessly to promote musical education for Canadian youth to try and stem the flood of cancelled classes in our public schools.

Thank you. :)

It is no exaggeration to say that her music profoundly changed my life. I'm not sure I could ever feel I did her justice, but I'm touched that you think I have. I've heard about what she's doing for musical education, and it's another big reason to love her.

Tess, 1-16 cracked me up. I never noticed it before but most sheep do seem to be harboring sorrow. Fear of the shear perhaps? :D

Calli, I loved your Sarah poem, too. I could hear her when I read.

And Trix your poem today is a knockout! That second title/end line really threw the whole poem into a different light!

And Trix your poem today is a knockout! That second title/end line really threw the whole poem into a different light!

Thank you :) I've been staring at that book for days wanting to play with that title and today it finally dawned on me to use it as the end line rather than the title :rolleyes:

Calli, I loved your Sarah poem, too. I could hear her when I read.

Thank you! I'm not sure there's a better compliment than that. :rose:

Trix, I loved your Bookend today, too. Looking forward to seeing the others you'll come up with. :)

Hey Ms. Trix. :)

Your 1-27 is a very nicely developed short poem. It moves logically through evocative images to support the narrative. And it occurred to me today that these title poems you are writing are a variation of the glosa form.

Just thinkin out loud.

Hey Ms. Trix. :)

Your 1-27 is a very nicely developed short poem. It moves logically through evocative images to support the narrative. And it occurred to me today that these title poems you are writing are a variation of the glosa form.

Just thinkin out loud.

Well a big part of the glosa is using the quoted line as a refrain and as I'm only using the quotes once, I don't know that I'd call it a variation.

I'm working my way through A Poet's Glossary, I'm sure there has to be other forms that quote or borrow, if I find one that seems closer I'll let you know.

For now I'm sticking to calling them bookends, being a bookworm, it fits me and the pieces :)

I feel the same way about a good number of your writes :cool:

I'm with Trix; I've liked all of your pieces, and I wish my writing were that consistent. :)

You're both very kind.....truth be told I'm hanging on with my fingertips.

I should also include Ange in my awe-fest. I find it fascinating how music, in Ange's case, and book titles, for Trix, trigger poems.

I should also include Ange in my awe-fest. I find it fascinating how music, in Ange's case, and book titles, for Trix, trigger poems.

Most of the book titles aren't triggers for me, just phrases that I know could say something, so I play with them until they do :D The hardest part has been finding a start and end that I can make match up with some kind of coherence. LOL, I don't think I've been 100% successful.

I've got one I want to throw out there for a mini same title challenge, but I'll wait until we've had time to get rolling with the March challenge. It's a fun one :cool:

You've been having a hell of a run with your current poem set--just wonderful, evocative writing. Lol, I heard today's fauna symphony!

As for me, music just takes me somewhere outside my cares where I can commune with the muse, or attempt to do so. :rose:

Callie, I love the blitz: you even got my favorite RHCP album in there! You are almost there, dear girl. One day to go. :)

Callie, I love the blitz: you even got my favorite RHCP album in there! You are almost there, dear girl. One day to go. :)

Thank you. I mentioned to Trix earlier that my mind was a bit of a blank today, and she suggested a Blitz (which I hadn't thought about at all) starting with "blank slate". So, I ran with it, and song titles just kept finding their way in. :)

It's been a much quicker almost thirty days than I thought it would be, I admit. And, some days were definitely better than others, but it's been good. I'm really glad that Trix asked me to do this with her, and it got even more fun when the rest of you joined in with us.

Thank you. I mentioned to Trix earlier that my mind was a bit of a blank today, and she suggested a Blitz (which I hadn't thought about at all) starting with "blank slate". So, I ran with it, and song titles just kept finding their way in. :)

It's been a much quicker almost thirty days than I thought it would be, I admit. And, some days were definitely better than others, but it's been good. I'm really glad that Trix asked me to do this with her, and it got even more fun when the rest of you joined in with us.

It's hard for me to resist writing with a group: even when it's the dreaded 30/30 lol. You never know what kind of synergy will come from it. :)

Back