God

As I said, you're welcome to believe in mythology.

Just don't try to pass it off as fact.

I have always said this is my opinion. I don't believe that you can state your side as fact either. Otherwise, there would be no room for debate.

I'm sorry I don't. I believe in adaptation. That we can adapt as our environment changes. But that we actually evolve into other species. No I don't.

So you believe in Adam and Eve? And that god created us? Despite any science.

I have always said this is my opinion. I don't believe that you can state your side as fact either. Otherwise, there would be no room for debate.

There is no room for debate, as there's nothing to debate.

You are free to believe in a mythical being as your "holy savior", but it doesn't make it reality.

Reality is a far different world.

There is no room for debate, as there's nothing to debate.

You are free to believe in a mythical being as your "holy savior", but it doesn't make it reality.

Reality is a far different world.

Oh, please don't tell me, you believe in reality.

That would be so boooring.....

So you believe in Adam and Eve? And that god created us? Despite any science.

Yes, but unlike others I do not discount science. I just do not feel that it has made the most accurate findings yet. Carbon Dating, radiometric dating aren't perfect. There have been datings that were off by thousands of years. The fact is that no one was there when it all began. No one knows if time was measured exactly like we measure it now. I say go Science!

2 Peter 3:8 (ESV)
8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Personally, I think that I won't have the answer in my lifetime. I have to decided with what I know. I choose Jesus.

Last edited:
This book has evidence to consider - just in case you were interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Demands-Questions-Challenging-Christians/dp/0785242198

FWIW I do believe a guy called Jesus existed - Josephus lived 30 years after JC's death HOWEVER, there is far more evidence to support evolution than there is for Jesus.

So if you're happy to believe in Jesus given the scant evidence why do you poo poo evolution which btw is nothing more than genetic mutation predicated on adaptation of organisms as they interact with their environment.

You should take a look at some of the Galapagos Turtle species - evolved through isolation into distinct sub species but sharing a common ancestor.....

FWIW I do believe a guy called Jesus existed - Josephus lived 30 years after JC's death HOWEVER, there is far more evidence to support evolution than there is for Jesus.

So if you're happy to believe in Jesus given the scant evidence why do you poo poo evolution which btw is nothing more than genetic mutation predicated on adaptation of organisms as they interact with their environment.

You should take a look at some of the Galapagos Turtle species - evolved through isolation into distinct sub species but sharing a common ancestor.....

I will have to look into the Galapagos Turtles. Sounds interesting.

I am only talking about religion here Exquisition because that is what this thread is about, otherwise I respect your wish not to talk religion.

There is a piece of "evidence" that unfortunately I can't share so that you understand. It is how my life changed when I said "God, I can't do this anymore, can you help me?" I was big time messed up. (Don't say that you can believe that!:D) The abuse I had suffered had taken a toll. I really wanted it all to end. I did feel helped. That is the only way I can describe it. In my mind that evidence trumps the evolution evidence. I am well aware that you may not want what is in my mind! LOL

I am only talking about religion here Exquisition because that is what this thread is about, otherwise I respect your wish not to talk religion.

There is a piece of "evidence" that unfortunately I can't share so that you understand. It is how my life changed when I said "God, I can't do this anymore, can you help me?" I was big time messed up. (Don't say that you can believe that!:D) The abuse I had suffered had taken a toll. I really wanted it all to end. I did feel helped. That is the only way I can describe it. In my mind that evidence trumps the evolution evidence. I am well aware that you may not want what is in my mind! LOL

What you experienced was not "evidence" any more than your seeing a ghost would be.

Richard covered this.

But I am not going to argue with you. It's pointless. You have a belief in a magical god and I can't argue with you. It's good that this has had a positive influence on your life.

I always wondered why Evolution and Religion can't co-exist. I mean God created the universe. and it's forever changing. where is it written that life can't change?

I always wondered why Evolution and Religion can't co-exist. I mean God created the universe. and it's forever changing. where is it written that life can't change?

In the minds of human beings who take the tales of a group of people looking for there origin, there 'where did we come from?' for a scientific and not a philosophical answer.

Richard covered this.

But I am not going to argue with you. It's pointless. You have a belief in a magical god and I can't argue with you. It's good that this has had a positive influence on your life.

Can we have the ferret avatar back??

talk-to-god.gif

Knowledge can take you from A to B but imagination can take you anywhere -Albert Einstein

WG-315-Imagination.jpg
:kiss:

It's hard to explain but I'll try. It's like getting hit by a big hammer. You can take the hammer and put it where you can't see it and you still know you got hit by a hammer. I don't see Jesus/God but I know he is there.

Actually there is a fair amount of historical evidence for Jesus, more so than influential figures such as Julius Caesar even. This is a great article on the historical authenticity of Jesus' life.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/12/24/3660194.htm

In my opinion the true question that people need to answer is that since Jesus existed and made all these claims on being God, and eternal life, is he someone who is trustworthy, or was a fool with outlandish claims. Best place to start thinking about this is with the resurrection, if he did rise from the dead, then surely he is trustworthy.

This may be a good place to start thinking about that - http://christianity.about.com/od/easter/a/7-Proofs-Of-The-Resurrection.htm

Hope that helps.

Back