Boston

Bramblethorn

Sleep-deprived
Hope all of you and yours are OK. Not going to speculate why this happened until the dust has settled; my friends there are safe, but I don't know about their friends :-(

This is so horrifying. My friends and family there are safe, but so many are not.

What makes it worse? There was a group from Newtown running for charity, and the last mile of the race was dedicated to the Newtown victims. There were Newtown families seated in the VIP section, very close to where one of the bomb went off. From what I hear they are all accounted for, but it's not for sure.

God, I have to walk away now, come back when the dust has cleared and there is some reliable information.

:rose::heart::rose::heart:

This is so horrifying. My friends and family there are safe, but so many are not.

What makes it worse? There was a group from Newtown running for charity, and the last mile of the race was dedicated to the Newtown victims. There were Newtown families seated in the VIP section, very close to where one of the bomb went off. From what I hear they are all accounted for, but it's not for sure.

God, I have to walk away now, come back when the dust has cleared and there is some reliable information.

Yeah, the reporting is still chaotic right now.

MY wife's entire family is in Boston and a few of them attending the race. All are accounted for and I'm glad we heard from them because They just shut down all cell phone service out there.

It's just crazy. Crazy what we can't say yet. Agree with waiting for more information to come out before flying off in speculation.

!!!

I find it scary and coincidental that the people who know the truth about Newtown,CT were next to a random bomb blast.

So much of a conspiracy, that it must be a conspiracy, therefore it's not a conspiracy.

This whole thing is making me ill and cold and my stomach hurts.

Poor Boston.:(

Why can't somebody just round up all the sick fucks in the world and put them in a hole?

I'm still waiting to hear from the Bostonfictionwriter.

PS...my kid's in the air tonight.:rose:

Last edited:
I find it scary and coincidental that the people who know the truth about Newtown,CT were next to a random bomb blast.

So much of a conspiracy, that it must be a conspiracy, therefore it's not a conspiracy.

This whole thing is making me ill and cold and my stomach hurts.

I don't generally buy into conspiracy theories, but didn't one of the survivors house just burn down recently?

Wish I could throw my arms around Boston tonight...

So worried about a good friend running in marathon today. He's been recovering from Lyme disease, and this was going to be a celebration of his return to health.

Finally, he texted his friends and family that he's okay. Said he finished the race about 20 minutes before the bomb exploded.

My heart goes out to the people who will not be hearing good news tonight.:rose:

I don't generally buy into conspiracy theories, but didn't one of the survivors house just burn down recently?
I don't think that Payday is thinking how you are thinking. He believes the Newton massacre was engineered to overturn the Second Amendment and take away guns from Americans. Yes he really believes someone would kill little children to do that. And now he's saying that the bombing in Boston was kill Someone who knew this and could prove it. Advocating his gun conspiratory theory is more important than talking about dead, dismembered, or injured innocents.

Personally, I don't think this is a conspiracy. I think like Newton and like Oklahoma and other places it is simply someone trying to gain attention in his own sick way. I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to turn out to be.

However, in view of Payday's opinion, which I really don't want to hear, I would like to ask to you to do me a tremendous favor. I have put a Payday on ignore. I would really appreciate it if you don't quote him when respond to him. I don't even want to accidentally come across such old, tired and fucked up ideas. It's why I don't frequent the GB, and why I'm grateful that we here in AH try to maintain a "Gentlemen and ladies agreement" to not get into such discussions. Because we don't want the AH turning into the GB.

I would take it as a great favor if you wouldn't quote him, and so keep us from veering that way. Especially in Threads like this one which should be about Boston, not anyone's weird conspiracy theory.

I was thinking along different lines. As for killing kids to overturn the second amendment.... that's a little too V- for Vendetta for me.

But....It was unsettling how they tried to make a platform against certain weapons when it appears those weapons were not what was actually used.

And face it, what won't government sink too?

DHS purchased billions of rounds of ammo and that continues to disturb me.

But....whatever.

Yes, please...

I don't think that Payday is thinking how you are thinking. He believes the Newton massacre was engineered to overturn the Second Amendment and take away guns from Americans. Yes he really believes someone would kill little children to do that. And now he's saying that the bombing in Boston was kill Someone who knew this and could prove it. Advocating his gun conspiratory theory is more important than talking about dead, dismembered, or injured innocents.

Personally, I don't think this is a conspiracy. I think like Newton and like Oklahoma and other places it is simply someone trying to gain attention in his own sick way. I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to turn out to be.

However, in view of Payday's opinion, which I really don't want to hear, I would like to ask to you to do me a tremendous favor. I have put a Payday on ignore. I would really appreciate it if you don't quote him when respond to him. I don't even want to accidentally come across such old, tired and fucked up ideas. It's why I don't frequent the GB, and why I'm grateful that we here in AH try to maintain a "Gentlemen and ladies agreement" to not get into such discussions. Because we don't want the AH turning into the GB.

I would take it as a great favor if you wouldn't quote him, and so keep us from veering that way. Especially in Threads like this one which should be about Boston, not anyone's weird conspiracy theory.

Excellent points, 3113. I too would respectfully request that you not quote Payday when you respond to him. I have never faulted anyone for having conservative views, LC. The healthiest democracies are about debating and balancing of varying opinions.

Also, LC, you know that I have tremendous respect for you and your abilities as a writer. However, I have only two people on ignore...and one is Payday.

I heartily second 3113's request to not quote this poster. He really needs to take his theories to the GB threads. He needs to pedal his brand of crazy elsewhere. Thank you.

What a tangled web we weave when we speculate on conspiracies. After all, this could be a right-wing nut case conspiracy to terrorize the heart of the American Colonies' drive for independence in support of their opposition to the legitimately elected democratic government. After all, it is Patriots' Day, and Patriots' Day in MA was previously on April 19th, the same day that the ATF attacked the Branch Dravidian Compound in Texas, a day later commemorated by a terrorist attack on a Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

And, in another direction, the tragedy in Newtown has been used by both the gun lobby and the anti-gun lobby to support their causes. The fact that they use it to support themselves doen't mean that it was engineered by either side to do that. It just means they are responding to it with their own perspectives.

But ultimately for the conspiracy theorists, no coincidence is too trivial not to prove a conspiracy. Someone from Newtown had their house burn down. A hundred other houses burned down that same day. A coincidence? Not to a conspiracy nut, and a real good nut case would tell you that "they" burned down the other hundred houses to trick us into thinking that the one in Newtown was a coincidence. There's no test of reality when it comes to imagining conspiracies.

Last edited:
Boston. :heart:

Usually terrorists claim their crimes, has any individual/group identified themselves yet?

Usually terrorists claim their crimes, has any individual/group identified themselves yet?

Not as of the late night news I've seen. I'm sure the government is going to be very careful about pinning this on anyone prematurely.

Boston. :heart:

Remember the mistakes made at first with the Atlanta Olympic and Oklahoma City bombings. Both times the wrong people were accused at first. The investigators will figure out who did this...just give them time.

Not as of the late night news I've seen. I'm sure the government is going to be very careful about pinning this on anyone prematurely.

Pilot's right...he should know this is his area of expertise. With all of the cameras around, I'm sure they already have some strong leads.

How long does it normally take the "cops" to figure out who did this?

It depends on a lot of factors. For something like this, there is immediate and active cooperation between all the various law enforcement agencies, which generally increases the chance that the perpetrator gets caught.

At this point, it seems that the bombs were very generic, consisting of a simple central explosive and lead pellets or shot (such as you would find in a shotgun shell). The more basic an explosive is, the more difficult it is to track. But right now, there's a lot of speculation as to the makeup of the bomb and whether or not it was a terrorist action.

Personally, I think it's an isolated domestic event, like the McVey bombing in Oklahoma. Just my gut feeling. This is someone making a statement in a very twisted and violent way.

It depends on a lot of factors. For something like this, there is immediate and active cooperation between all the various law enforcement agencies, which generally increases the chance that the perpetrator gets caught.

At this point, it seems that the bombs were very generic, consisting of a simple central explosive and lead pellets or shot (such as you would find in a shotgun shell). The more basic an explosive is, the more difficult it is to track. But right now, there's a lot of speculation as to the makeup of the bomb and whether or not it was a terrorist action.

Personally, I think it's an isolated domestic event, like the McVey bombing in Oklahoma. Just my gut feeling. This is someone making a statement in a very twisted and violent way.

I agree. This feels more like Atlanta and Oklahoma City...we've been having a lot of problems with hate groups in our area of Texas. Two DA's have been assassinated in one North Texas County this spring.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has issued a report that hate groups are at an all time high in the US.

I agree. This feels more like Atlanta and Oklahoma City...we've been having a lot of problems with hate groups in our area of Texas. Two DA's have been assassinated in one North Texas County this spring.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has issued a report that hate groups are at an all time high in the US.

I'm not surprised. Now that the Mayan Calendar thing didn't result in the end of the world, people are looking for the next doomsday.

Okay, maybe that was a little too flippant.

Don't quote me on this, and I couldn't find the article online that had the information, but since Obama's re-election, I think hate-related crimes have increased by something like fifteen percent.

I'm not surprised. Now that the Mayan Calendar thing didn't result in the end of the world, people are looking for the next doomsday.

Okay, maybe that was a little too flippant.

Don't quote me on this, and I couldn't find the article online that had the information, but since Obama's re-election, I think hate-related crimes have increased by something like fifteen percent.

Active U.S. Patriot Groups in 2012

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2013/spring/active-patriot-groups-in-the-united-s

Back