Seldom-Used Words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xelebes, me too, maybe analingus never occurred to the author of Talking Dirty. Katharina's punch would be a bit more deserved under those forbidden circumstances.

One more funny thing in keeping with today's bawdy theme;

"Tell me, dearie, do you play the skin flute?" Such a lovely sound, don't you think?

Xelebes, me too, maybe analingus never occurred to the author of Talking Dirty. Katharina's punch would be a bit more deserved under those forbidden circumstances.

"Tell me, dearie, do you play the skin flute?" Such a lovely sound, don't you think?

In response, "Do you play Air on G String?"

Cheech and Chong had a personalized license plate in "Up in Smoke",

Muf Drvr - I think that is the way they spelled it.

It used to be known as a "Pink Oboe" (or maybe Clarinet), but it's a very old joke.

Pink Oboe, that was a hoot. Never heard that one before and it is not in Talking Dirty.

So, back to a few words without sexual connotations;

albeit - even though, although

not necessarily seldom-used, but a good word nonetheless.

Good morning all,

Found an interesting entry and thought I would add it;

no-man's-land - an area of unowned, unclaimed, or uninhibited land; unoccuppied an area between opposing armies; an area of anomalous, ambiguous or indefinte character

Cunnilinctor is a non-taboo way of referring to someone who performs oral sex on a woman.

And yet, dear Og, so many other languages have words that cannot succinctly translate into English. A Portuguese word I learned today: Saudade. It cannot be translated into English and mean the same thing. I guess I was referring to English words that are so English specific that a translator (any language) would have a hard time translating that word in a foreign language. Are there any words like that in the English language?
The closest equivalent in English might be "pining", which is also fairly archaic - I have no idea what it's origins are, to pine? "Longing" is a bit more common, but I think pining has similar connotations of wistfulness and a touch of hopelessness - people could literally pine themselves into the grave: "pined away" - perhaps that reflects it's origins, i.e., a pine box - nobody ever longed themselves to death, I don't believe.

One anachronism I trot out occasionally: turpitude.

The closest equivalent in English might be "pining", which is also fairly archaic - I have no idea what it's origins are, to pine? "Longing" is a bit more common, but I think pining has similar connotations of wistfulness and a touch of hopelessness - people could literally pine themselves into the grave: "pined away" - perhaps that reflects it's origins, i.e., a pine box - nobody ever longed themselves to death, I don't believe.

One anachronism I trot out occasionally: turpitude.
If a Litster writes a story without any sex at all, would she or he be guilty of immoral turpitude?

merkin noun a substitute for a vagina for male masturbation. (I haven't seen this one in lit yet, though its counterpart - dildo - has a very high frequency of use here).

pine
Superseded by PAIN n.1]
1 Punishment; suffering or loss inflicted as punishment; spec. the sufferings of hell or purgatory.
2 a Bodily suffering.
b Mental distress or trouble; grief, sorrow; anguish.
3 Trouble taken in accomplishing or attempting something.
4 Complaint, lament. rare.
5 a Hunger; starvation; fig. intense desire or longing.
---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from Oxford Talking Dictionary
Copyright © 1998 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------

Hope this helps.

Good morning, all, I hope you had a pleasant weekend.

A little more perusing of Talking Dirty brought forth this gem;

Finger pie or finger job refers to stimulation of female genitals with fingers. In the song, "Penny Lane", by the Beatles, fish and finger pie likely is a reference to the supposed odor of female genitalia.

Good morning, all, I hope you had a pleasant weekend.

A little more perusing of Talking Dirty brought forth this gem;

Finger pie or finger job refers to stimulation of female genitals with fingers. In the song, "Penny Lane", by the Beatles, fish and finger pie likely is a reference to the supposed odor of female genitalia.
Yes, it's always been interesting that men have assigned the "fishy" smell to the woman. It's actually the smell of decomposing protein...and aside from menses, women's bodies don't produce any proteins in there - just a standard acidic environment that sometimes gets buffered by the alkaline secretion's of Skene's and Bartholin's Glands during sexual arousal. And that sometimes leads to the introduction of an exogenic source of concentrated protein in the vagina.

So, if it's the wrong time of month for endogenic protein...maybe she'd still rather he thought it was her...

Here's a few references to national fetishes that I did not realize existed;

Roman culture refers to orgies

English culture refers to bondage and discipline (B & D)

Swedish culture refers to the use of rubber garments in sex acts

in French, a Domme whipping a man is known as "the English Vice."

In Spain, fellatio used to be called "Italiano."

Bugger - To have anal sex with someone. Sodomy.

Cudgel - A club or stick.

Cyclopean - Large or monumental architecture. As in the Cylcops from Greek mythology.

Flayed - To have the skin literally ripped from one's body.

Lakh - One hundred thousand. Still widely used in Asia and parts of the diaspora.

Lusophone - Portuguese-speaking or of the Portuguse language.

in French, a Domme whipping a man is known as "the English Vice."

In Spain, fellatio used to be called "Italiano."

That's especially amusing because in English we sometimes call tittyfucking 'French Fucking' while the French call it 'Spanish Fucking.' And the Spaniards? Well I don't know but in American Spanish I've heard it called Turkish and French. But the Spanish spoken in this Hemisphere has had a few centuries to drift apart from the Spanish spoken over there...

Any Spanish ladies want to help out with this? Especially if I can titty-fuck you as part of my research?

I hear that one on Brit programming all the time. But, in the States, very few except Anglophiles would know the meaning.

"Oh, bugger off." ;)

which freely translates as "Oh, go away - DO"
and yet, to call someone a Bugger (even in these enlightened and liberated PC days), is considered a bit insulting.

Why has no one mentioned the Greeks and their proclivity for anal sex, like the Turks? I thought for sure someone would mention this. Maybe it was too obvious, is that it?

Why has no one mentioned the Greeks and their proclivity for anal sex, like the Turks? I thought for sure someone would mention this. Maybe it was too obvious, is that it?
male-on-male anal is "Greek," male-on-female is "Irish birth control."

Tio, Irish birth control, hahahahaha

Here's a few funny male masturbation terms;

bananas and cream

bang the bishop

fishing for trouser trout

Five-finger Mary

four sisters on thumb street

Mrs. Palm and her five daughters

Russian Sex refers to sex with the chest, otherwise known as titty-fucking.

German Sex refers to watersports.

Greek Sex refers to sodomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back