Far away places with strange sounding names: Literotica Travel Agency

:D some of these are ... delicious!

I like Humptulips best so far.
:rose:

This is Dusty Springfield singing You Don't Have to Say You Love Me in Bosom.
 
PennLady, you left out Paradise! (Just down the road from Intercourse, even!)

On our recent road trip from Phoenix to Chicago we passed through some fun towns. The one that made me snort water, though, was driving through the town of Hooker, OK. First, there were the tongue-in-cheek business names, then the innocent Hooker United Christian Church (Hooker United made me think of a soccer team), and then, at the far edge of town was the sign for Beaver St. My son, who is often 20 going on 12, completely lost it and my daughter talked me into turning around so she could grab a pic for Facebook. :D

I liked Kismet, KS. Master and I often give tribute to "Ms. Kismet" for assisting in our unlikely meeting. We lunched in the park, and I gave water to the flowers in thanks.

We had a chuckle over "Diana Bend Conservation Area" in MO, as well as the fact that there are the towns of Centralia and Mexico (which are in our home state of PA, too).

From a previous road trip, we still chuckle over Bucksnort, TN.

My other favorite town is in NJ....gotta love Cheesequake!

P.S. Could someone please explain to me what the story is behind the MO roads with letters instead of numbers? My inner map geek is confused.
 
Not sexual, but in Nebraska there is the town of Funk, take the road a little further east and you get to Whahoo. There's the joke in South Central Nebraska, "to get to Blue Hill you have to PASS Ayr." The old folks thought it was really racy.

In Carlinville, Illinois there are two roads, Beaver St. and Johnson St. and yes, there is an intersection of Beaver and Johnson.

Near Memphis, Texas is a beautiful hill that the a very nice and proper little old lady told me is called "Squaw Tit". And yes, it is aptly named.

And don't forget, in Canada they have Regina.
 
Back
Top