A couple of things

S_Isemen

Virgin
Joined
May 15, 2019
Posts
3
Firstly "Hello"

Second I'm a techno-numpty and much as I'd love to add one of those link thingies to a story on here I've no idea how to do it as you'd probably expect to see it so here's my version.

PLEASE check out U-N-I by unilive. It's in the gay male (romance) category (btw I'm a female and it appealed to me so much I've read it twice this week already!) there's a heavy music influence as well as a rollicking good story-line that grows as unilive's writing improves along the way - and it was in no way bad to begin with.

Next I have questions about submitting a piece to Literotica I'm hoping you can help me with.

Do the Literotica submissions team actually post things not the author? If that's the case do they follow the chapter breaks the author's already put in? Then there's the whole 'how do I put in the blurb at the start/end of each chapter'? I could go on but without having these answers there's no point in me even trying to either submit a piece or even carry on getting it ready for submission!

My thanks for any help you can give.

Best thoughts to all.
 
Do the Literotica submissions team actually post things not the author? If that's the case do they follow the chapter breaks the author's already put in? Then there's the whole 'how do I put in the blurb at the start/end of each chapter'? I could go on but without having these answers there's no point in me even trying to either submit a piece or even carry on getting it ready for submission!
The site editor (Laurel) doesn't add anything to stories - her review is to make sure a story complies with the site's content policies, and that's it.

So any introductions are put there by authors. The same applies for chapters - if you submit a story with three chapters, for example, that's what gets posted. It's up to you to prepare the text and chapters as you want to see the story.

One Lit page is about 3,750 words, and 2 - 3 pages (7,000 - 10,000) words is a good chapter length.
 
She does occasionally add content warnings, but only I think when there are minor incest/non-con themes in other categories. She turns smart quotes into ordinary quotes, I think, and may complain if using single quotes for speech. There must be no graphic suggestion of under-18 sex, and 750 words is a strict minimum.

Otherwise?

Do you need a blurb? An author foreword/afterword maybe... but I put these in italics.

Not sure what you mean by chapter breaks... If you mean the way these get numbered in the title, e.g., "The Futa Ring Ch. 02" then these are individually submitted stories that are titled as chapters, and the site groups these automatically - but it's a bit glitchy.
 
Welcome to Literotica. I'll set a link to a Help page specifically addressing how to submit your story.

But first; how to post a link on these Forum posts. 1) Copy the page URL you wish to share, 2) Open your new draft post and you'll notice a blue ball with a chain under it. Select that and a pop-up appears where you can paste your previously copied URL.

Here's a link to the Story Submission Help page I mentioned above; http://literotica.com/faq/05235347.shtml

If you want to get fancy, you can first write your own link name How to Post a Story, then highlight it. Then just like using the 'link symbol' as before, past your link and presto, a named link. -> How To Post A Story
***
Here's a link to unilive's story list; https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=3873704&page=submissions
***

Regarding the question on how to do a multi-chapter story; Each separately posted chapter is a new story submission. The thing that informs the site editor to group them together is that every chapter has to be the same identical Title, plus a unique Chapter number beginning with 01, then 02 for the next etc. As you can see by unlive's story list.
***

Hope this helps you get your story submitted and posted. If you have any question send me a Private Message here and I'll try to answer it.
 
Back
Top