Drug Dealers Lobby Congress and Win!

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Posts
21,855
The Corporate Roots of the Opioid Crisis

These are some of the two million Americans who suffer from substance abuse disorders related to prescription opioid pain relievers. The numbers are staggering. In 2016, as many as 64,000 people died in the U.S. as a result of drug overdose. In 2015, the number was 52,404 dead, which means that the number increased by 22 percent over the year. But more staggering is that over the past three years, deaths by synthetic opioids (fentanyls) increased by 540 percent from 3,000 to 20,000. Illegal drugs—such as cocaine and heroin—continue to pose a challenge, but the real threat is from prescription opioids such as fentanyls of one kind or another. Each day, 175 Americans die from opioid overdose.

National Emergency

In early November, President Donald Trump declared a national emergency against opioid abuse. “The opioid is a tremendous emergency,” he said in his characteristic style. The declaration of an emergency means that state funds should go post-haste to help stem the crisis. It is not clear, however, if this will be enough. There are indeed severe problems of inadequate funding for the treatment of addiction, and funds will be welcome. But the problem also exists at the other end—the production of the addicts. This would require a full-scale assault on the pharmaceutical industry.

Whether Trump will have the stomach to take on this powerful industry is to be seen.

When will Congress attack these Dealers of Death and despair? :confused:
 
This is a day all drug dealers should be proud of. No longer do they have to sell their wares in dark closets for fear of the law. They can stand on street corners, no different than your average hot dog vendor, they can distribute product at parties, in the schools, even in prison. All places where drug dealers were forbidden to go and steered clear.

Freedom. It’s what makes America great...still.
 
Vendors have long openly sold the addictive drugs ethanol, caffeine, tobacco, glucose, gunpowder, capsicum, and the poisons in some raw fish. Certain opioid products like poppy seeds have also been available. And many medicinal opioids have been more-or-less legal in the past. We're only turning back the clock.
 
Back
Top