G G's Haven

Iwasagoodgirl

Now I'm a Naughty Nurse
This is my Haven, my home on Lit. Please feel free to drop by and leave a message. You'll be very welcome

Last edited:
Hi Roomy, what a good idea. I must get a place like this too. Just want to say thanks for being such a good friend and colleague. Love writing with you :kiss: O and don't forget it's your turn to do the ironing while DB's away :cattail:

I slip quietly into her haven unsure if it is by invite only. I carefully leave a box wrapped in silver with a blood red bow. It is a haven warming gift of sorts. Inside is a crystal and a note.

"GG this is a magical gift. Hold the crystal with both hands and place it to your heart, close your eyes and make a wish. You already have the man of your dreams to share your life with. This wish will be for another of your hearts desires. Wish carefully because you are only allowed a single wish".....Yeishia:rose:

I wonder if she'll choose to save the world, something for her haven or perhaps wish for something naughty for herself. Giggling and blushing I slip back out...

P.S GG & HSG please don't forget to place your name in my birthday thread.:)

Last edited:
Hey, I'm so proud to call this amazing woman my fiancé. You are so amazing and I am the luckiest man alive. Thanks HSG & Yeishia for being her friends and thanks anyone else who makes her life brighter. And in 12 days time I'll be back for RnR.

Meanwhile I say to everyone

Semper Fidelis

My Fiancée has sent me the DVD set of one my favourite TV shows Vikings.

Last edited:
I cannot believe it's now only 5 nights before I'm back with my fiancée. So much to look forward to. I'll probably find it difficult to walk.

Never had the pleasure of serving alongside British troops, but from what I've heard you know how to take care of business. Glad to see some fellow military folk.

GG is away now but she'll be pleased to welcome a fellow warrior. As I am too.

Last edited:
Been home for around 10 hours, had such a truly great day. Mum's cooking, cuddled my baby nephew (4 months old), collected nieces from school, rode my horseand watched the footy with my Dad.

Highlight was a call from my future Inlaws - lovely people whom I'm really growing to love. Now I'm curled up in bed with my cat (he's purring).

Had an EMail from HSG reminding me I've got less than 96 hours! Tomorrow my fiancée begins his journey home for debriefing,and on Tuesday he de briefs me!

Very soon I'm going to have dual British / American Nationality. On this day, 12th June 2016 my thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the massacre in Orlando.
gb-usa-lapel-pin.jpg

UNITED WE STAND

This my favourite poem. It was read at the funeral of British Miltary Nurse killed in around 1944.

The soldier nurse faced her God,

Which must always come to pass;

She hoped her shoes were shining bright,

Just as brightly as her brass.

"Step forward now, soldier nurse,

How shall I deal with you?

Have you turned the other cheek?

To my church have you been true?"

The soldier nurse squared her shoulders and said,

"No, Sir, I guess I ain't;

Because those of us who carry guns,

Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,

And at times my talk was rough;

I've had to break your rules my Lord,

Because the world is awfully tough.

I've had to tell a lie or two,

When people's suffering got too deep.
But, I never took a thing

That wasn't mine to keep;

And I never passed a cry for help,

Though at times I shook with fear;

And sometimes Sir I have to say

I've been known to shed a tear

I know I don't deserve a place

Among the people here;

They never wanted me around,

Except to calm their fears.

But if you have a place for me here,
Lord,
It needn't be so grand;

I never expected or had too much,

But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne,

Where the saints often trod;

As the soldier nurse waited quietly,

For the judgment of her God.

You've borne your burdens well;

Come walk with me on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell"
​

Last edited:
Why are they selling poppies, Mummy?
Selling poppies in town today.
The poppies, child, are flowers of love.
For the men who marched away.

But why have they chosen a poppy, Mummy?
Why not a beautiful rose?
Because my child, men fought and died
In the fields where the poppies grow.

But why are the poppies so red, Mummy?
Why are the poppies so red?
Red is the colour of blood, my child.
The blood that our soldiers shed.

poppyThe heart of the poppy is black, Mummy.
Why does it have to be black?
Black, my child, is the symbol of grief.
For the men who never came back.

But why, Mummy are you crying so?
Your tears are giving you pain.
My tears are my fears for you my child.
For the world is forgetting again.

In honour of who
GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM

slide_40.jpg

This year
Wear your poppy
WITH PRIDE

The soldier nurse faced her God,
Which must always come to pass;
She hoped her shoes were shining bright,
Just as brightly as her brass.

How shall I deal with you?
Have you turned the other cheek?
To my church have you been true?"

The soldier nurse squared her shoulders and said,
"No, Sir, I guess I ain't;
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was rough;
I've had to break your rules my Lord,
Because the world is awfully tough.

But, I never took a thing
That wasn't mine to keep;
And I've had to tell a lie or two,
When people's suffering got too deep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear;
And sometimes ... Sir forgive me,
I've wept many tears.

I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here;
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand;
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints often trod;
As the soldier nurse waited quietly,
For the judgment of her God.

You've borne your burdens well;
Come walk with me on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in HELL!"

An ice cold, inky black rip in the fabric of reality appears in a shadowy corner of the lounge. Out of the inky blackness steps a strange form. His movements are silent, his large, furred, pointed ears moving about to catch the various conversations, ever alert, curious, and looking for danger. Light gleams on the cream and pale gray fur, broken up by black rosettes, that cover his body and forms his long, thick, plush tail when it appears, rarely, from beneath his concealing garb as he walks, but is absorbed by the male form's apparel, which seems to change and blend subtly with his surroundings. He is mostly humanoid in shape, with strong hints of a Snow Leopard. These hints are in the way he moves, his mannerisms, his slight muzzle, thick fur, tail, and ears. He would commonly be known as a Snow Leopard anthromorph to people of certain circles. His garb is simple, sturdy, and made of variegated patches of color: all deep greens and greys, darkest blues, charcoal and matte black, which break up his outline significantly and magically adapt to his surroundings.Various blades are tucked here and there about his person, concealed but within easy reach. His clawed hands show the callouses of a lifelong knivesman.

He approaches G.G. "I heard ya singin' ma'am. May I ask where 'tis from? I've a nurse friend who has worked long in Hell... who'll love it, and I'd like to attribute it properly."

An ice cold, inky black rip in the fabric of reality appears in a shadowy corner of the lounge. Out of the inky blackness steps a strange form. His movements are silent, his large, furred, pointed ears moving about to catch the various conversations, ever alert, curious, and looking for danger. Light gleams on the cream and pale gray fur, broken up by black rosettes, that cover his body and forms his long, thick, plush tail when it appears, rarely, from beneath his concealing garb as he walks, but is absorbed by the male form's apparel, which seems to change and blend subtly with his surroundings. He is mostly humanoid in shape, with strong hints of a Snow Leopard. These hints are in the way he moves, his mannerisms, his slight muzzle, thick fur, tail, and ears. He would commonly be known as a Snow Leopard anthromorph to people of certain circles. His garb is simple, sturdy, and made of variegated patches of color: all deep greens and greys, darkest blues, charcoal and matte black, which break up his outline significantly and magically adapt to his surroundings.Various blades are tucked here and there about his person, concealed but within easy reach. His clawed hands show the callouses of a lifelong knivesman.

He approaches G.G. "I heard ya singin' ma'am. May I ask where 'tis from? I've a nurse friend who has worked long in Hell... who'll love it, and I'd like to attribute it properly."

Hi, welcome to my haven.

The poem was on the inside of one of our mobile theatres when I was in Iraq. I've got no idea who originally wrote it or how we got it. But please feel free to share it with your friend. :kiss:

HMD.jpg

Today British Troops remember the victims of hatred the world over and vow to fight to ensure it never happens again.

Rick & I are issuing this statement yesterday 12th February 2017

''Rick and I together with our families have consulted with lawyers on both sides of the pond both military and civilian.*

The upshot is that our marriage while giving us both the opportunity to apply for Joint nationality of each other's country does not require us to be subjected to each other's military rules as to 'oaths of allegiance'.

Both Rick and I agreed on our engagement that if either of us were likely to be posted to a dangerous area of the world where there was a definite chance we would be injured or worse we would marry at the first opportunity.*

Over the past ten days both of us have received orders which place us in areas of a very real danger. On Friday we checked our details, yesterday we consulted with our lawyers and today we got married. Our honeymoon night is in a hotel in London tonight and tomorrow morning we report back to our bases.*

God alone knows when we'll see each other again'

Back