Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

I'll be hit or miss this weekend. I am sitting in tavern with coffee and breakfast. I am also in my armor and armed. This little elf is gonna be so tired come Sunday......
 
You could do iced coffee, drink it through a straw with the visor up?

Spilling hot coffee into a metal suit would be a bad scene.
 
This little elf is crawling into her bunk. The guys are standing watch so their drivers can get some unmolested sleep.
 
Damnitall. I HATE owing my ex........ Got in trouble in the big finale battle of the event. He saw it and blasted in and saved me. Saved me and my boy. NPC's were terrified.
 
Damnitall. I HATE owing my ex........ Got in trouble in the big finale battle of the event. He saw it and blasted in and saved me. Saved me and my boy. NPC's were terrified.

How does it work. Is it a combination of RL skill and RPG levels?
 
Next few posts, we should hopefully be moving back towards cohering as a unit and making our way towards the final battle.

As mentioned in earlier posts, Kobra's forces consolidated Blackadders and Ajagar as bulwark around the centermost energy nexus over the river, but pushing through that is where the final boss fight will be.
 
Random question... Do we know if they are drawing most of thier power from the river? Is that why they seem to want to protect the area?
 
Random question... Do we know if they are drawing most of thier power from the river? Is that why they seem to want to protect the area?

The dome and the energy being transmitted through it (teleport signals, et cetera) do seem to be fed directly from that point, which may well be why the energy and spacial displacements are so thick in the sky approaching that area.

We haven't had a visual yet on what is actually beyond that pea soup of power.
 
How does it work. Is it a combination of RL skill and RPG levels?

Real skill and experience point purchased abilities........ Most of Swain's is real skill with really well selected skills....
 
How does the abilities work? You call out a super move or what? Is there magic or just melee?
 
How does the abilities work? You call out a super move or what? Is there magic or just melee?

There is magic resolved either by touch or packets of Bird seed thrown with called effect. This does include healing. Skills are called on hit such as shatter or physical disarm.
 
So your hand-eye coordination determines the "to hit" of everything? So you could miss a heal by just trying bad? And if you called a Physical Disarm but you missed, it'd be a failed ability?

Is it using its own system or is it based off of dnd or something?
 
will do my best to get all my tags replied to tomorrow. life is hell at the moment.
 
will do my best to get all my tags replied to tomorrow. life is hell at the moment.

Hang in there, dear.

Try not to let this story add to your stressors. Take all the time you need.

If there's anything else we can do, let us know.
 
You only lose stuff when you hit....... If you miss they don't penalize you for it. Unless it is damage and the person can dodge you.......
 
So your hand-eye coordination determines the "to hit" of everything? So you could miss a heal by just trying bad? And if you called a Physical Disarm but you missed, it'd be a failed ability?

Is it using its own system or is it based off of dnd or something?

It is it's own system as well. I kind of dig it.
 
I'm gonna hopefully reply to my tags today and then give everyone a chance to reply before we move on.

I'll do a skip post by Wednesday at the latest. If possible, anyone who's got an open tag should reply by then so we're all on the same page. If you don't get a word in edgewise before we skip, that's cool, there's always flashbacks.

I think the only people who haven't joined the main group yet are Static (who's with Aquaman); and GRID, Renegade, and Nightwing, who are still all talking on that rooftop. And Raven, who teleported-- I'm not sure where, but Var's description said "as far away as possible while still under the dome," which I'm assuming means out on the perimeter of Keystone or Central somewhere.

Do we want to discuss strategy for getting past the last Maginot-line of Kobra Krew before we get to the eye of the storm?

We need to go in at ground level because the spacial distortions and displacements will redirect any fliers who go in much higher than that. And the energy concentration in that area is really high, for those who are sensitive to such things.

Once we break through the line, spoilers, and get into the eye-- like a hurricane, the air'll be clearer and we'll be able to operate more freely in that radius. But first we have to get in there.

My thought was we would have Rocket and Captain Thunder with us by this point, but no matter. We can still do this.

So, strategy?

If Kiz is together enough by the time we reach the Blackadder/Ajagar barricade, he could unleash Nadeau in full force, peck the baddies clean?

Or-- if Karan and M'gann fly side by side they can maybe clear a path clear through the wall of goons long enough for Velocity to run everyone else in?

Thoughts? Questions? Accusations?
 
Would have been fun if BB could do the herd thing with bigger animals like he does with insects.

Herd of Argentinosaurus huinculensis coming through lol

It will actually be fun to have two powerhouses cleaning a swath for the rest to step in and do some damage.
 
You also have GR to use to clear a path and BB to help. Sort of like Karan and M'gann at the apex Ghost and Beast as clean up and maybe Rose (depending what she dials up) Nightwing, Cat and Kaldur running interference. Then you have Arrow, Renegade, Static, Heat, Cold and G.R.I.D providing covering fire (Although GRID could also run interference), and Velocity on standby with Kiz and Glider. As soon as the area is secure, Velocity brings in the fire team and anyone who is lagging a little behind and the team reforms.
 
I'd assumed we'd try to get Ghost Rider to be the tip of the spear, because she's pissed off and no longer having to worry about magic. She's immune to all technology-based weapons, afaik. Rose isn't a killer, so i don't see her being very effective on the front lines. Karan could do backup of GR.

If needed, i was planning to fight fire with fire and start raising undead with the help of Haval. Although the manifestation of a giant snake when fighting a cult that worships a giant snake...has a certain dramatic appeal...assuming everyone is cool with the city being leveled in the process.

And since this is happening right at or near the river, it's prime opportunity for a LOTR moment, right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTv7rijY2Vg

I think, while I wasn't playing Kiz as being up on Hydroelectric Power Generation, that disrupting the river can only serve to provide us with tactical advantage. I mean, they need the power of the river somehow to funnel everything that's going on, so Kaldur would be the actual arrow being launched...using Ghost and Karan as both heavy hitters but also the bait.
 
Sorry everyone for the delay on my part. RL has been a pain in the ass. I'll try and get something out either today or tomorrow.
 
Back
Top