Justice League: The New Wave (IC)

The people were angry and using big words. Braggock wasn't much for big words. He knew that he wasn't dumb, but he would rather do things. He moved away and looked up at the Space Needle while the people talked. He looked higher. Something was coming. He felt something bad was about to happen, and it had nothing to do with the people here. He let his heat build, burning through his Superman Hoodie and track pants. His aura of flame burned hotter and he let out a low growl.

"People who fight when they don't have to are dumb. Especially when a real bad guy is coming. If you don't want to be useful, stay back."
 
"You keep throwing around the name 'League' like it means something," Red Arrow grimaced, spitting on the ground beside him, "but what the Hell do you know about what names mean? You call yourself Green Arrow, where the fuck do you get off using that name? The real G.A. wouldn't have wasted two punches on an impostor like you in the streets of Star City."

Green Arrow smiled at Red. "Oh I know far more about Ollie than even you do 'Speedy'," he grinned. "I have more rights to this name than some wanna be fan boy that was taken in off the streets."

Chuckling he looked the man in the face and then spat at his feet. "I know all about you Roy," he said with a menacing growl. "Got all the dirt straight from the horses mouth, so don't ever presume to know more about Oliver Queen than I do. I can out shoot, out fight and out perform you on my worst day. Why do you think I was given the right to his name and not you?"

He then turned to Address Wildstar and bowed his head to her.

"Sorry Hotline, I guess my words did come off a little out of line. What I meant was that none of those pansies," he said gesturing with his thumb over his shoulder at the gathered Titans, "Had been asked to step up to the big leagues. I mean that is what the Titans are for. The stepping stone right. Like the minor leagues before going to the Majors. Obviously I am not belittling the ones who have made it," he smiled.

He looked over at the Silver Bullet and Captain Marvel, "Although there are some that will always feel more comfortable playing in the minor leagues. Less pressure and all that."

Then he looked at Wally. "Oh and it was so impressive of you to get that serum sample and cast a spell. Perhaps though if you had been where the real fight had been, more if not all of those people your so called leader is berating us for allowing to die would have been saved. After all our speedster was able to get out over a third of them and with the help of others that almost became half, and she is nowhere near as fast as you. But you pat yourself on the back about your minor effort. After all once WE took down the bridge that ended the threat anyway."

Slow clapping he walked away and up to the Red Bat. "So why don't you show us how things are done Robin, Mr boy wonder. Take your team of Wanna be's and go explore. However when you come up against something that requires the hard decision are you going to be up to it?"
 
"...what? Bones has been in The Situation Room at The White House with an array of interdepartmental security heads since this broke at oh-dark-thirty this morning. How did they--?"

"Stand by and hold your position, Wildcat. I need to verify this."

And just before Wildcat's smartwatch went on hold, she heard Chase snap in no uncertain tones into her own phone handset: "I need Director Waller. No, I know, and I don't care if she is personally briefing President Obama as we speak, this is a Code 52, you get her on the phone."

"Bones has been busy since this started?" Thea's brain twisted just a touch and she started Thinking furiously. "Hey, Ruby. You said you can track shit? Can ya track the Titans' teleport? Where did they come from? Chase says Bones has been busy since this started... ."
 
Jo might be the newest kid on this scene, but even she could see that this was gonna end bad. Too many rivalries. The Bats. Christmas Arrows. Hell, Stoop.... No, Superboy and her. This was gonna be a fight. The League was still new. The Titans were the more experienced team. This was gonna suck. An Jo just didn't know enough about the Titans to know who to jump first. But she did know it wasn't going to be Superboy.
 
"I am really glad to be seen," Kaldur admitted. "The invented purpose of those obsidian shards was to kill in minutes. I am fortunate and grateful to be alive, though my condition is still dire. And I am glad to see you again, as a colleague and a newly-forged brother of the battlefield."

He practically beamed at the words, that is high praise coming from a guy like Kaldur, or at least in his mind it is praise.

With the easy grace of a man who had literally been born underwater, Kaldur flexed his webbed digits and adjusted his position in the tank so that Gar could stand straighter and more comfortably.

"As it happens, yes. You showed great valor in Keystone-Central. And when you took semiaquatic form, I was able to glimpse your mind. You have a good heart, Garfield Logan, and good instincts. I would be proud to know that The New League counted you as a member while I am... rehabilitated."

Garfield straightened up, but kept his head close to the glass of the tank, "I am sorry for having to ask you so directly, but when that lab coat lady... I really should start to remember peoples' names... anyway, when she told me that Lex Luthor is the one who foots the bill for the new League..."

He shook his head, "I'm sorry, I just don't trust the guy. Everybody seem to love him and I might even risk a lot to tell you this, but I know you. The whale knew you and I think that through his eyes I could see you for who and what you really are."

He breathed a sigh, "And in all honesty Kal, I don't see you standing with a guy like Luthor. Especially with him backing some of the most powerful people that I know of."
 
"Man-made scanning techniques will prove to be infective. The alien object has some sort of stealth technology that deflects our most advanced systems." came the dark foreboding, clearly artificial voice from just behind the newly materialized group of heroes.

When the group looked back there was a figure in black, with a cape covering him as if it were darkness draped over his shoulders. But even the most inexperienced of them would have no problem recognizing who this was supposed to be…The Batman.

Batman??

Ever since they teleported, Garfield had been watching as the others tried to see what the big thing floating in the air was. The fact that Raven could not land on it as she had planned, the fact that nobody could see it clearly, only spelled trouble. And then... Batman... Here in the place of Nightwing.

"Aw Schweet!!!"

He stepped towards the Bat and patted his pockets. Empty.

"Damn."

He really need to remember to pack a felt tip pen.

"Teleport inbound!"

"SNATIT REHTEGOT!" a voice split the air around them, and in an instant of flashing lavender light the circle that The New League had landed in had been surrounded by another circle of figures.

The Titans East: Superboy, Starfire, Kid Flash-- The Atom stood tiny upon his shoulder, Terra, Solstice, Grunge, The Knight-- even Red Arrow had returned from his walkabout-- and their own grim Batman dressed in red and in black.

And on the other side of the circle, The Titans West: Silver Bullet, Captain Marvel, Aztek, and it had been of course Zatanna's mystic speech that had brought them here.

As a member of both teams and guardian of Seattle, Teen Lantern stood poised between the two assembled groups, linking the semi-circles.

All of the members of The Titans who were not currently members of The New Justice League.

Batman stepped forward, glowering at... well... Batman. "Stand down, 'Justice League.' We'll take this from here. You're not equipped to save this city-- you can barely save yourselves."

Superboy, Starfire, Kid Flash, The Atom, Terra, Solstice, Grunge, The Knight, Red Arrow, Batman dressed in red and in black, Silver Bullet, Captain Marvel, Aztek, Zatanna and Teen Lantern stood around them.

Garfield's jaw dropped, he felt absolutely giddy!!! All those big names! And yet... his excitement died as fast as the teleport spell had dropped the heroes around them. Wait a minute! He could ask Carin if she could get him a lab coat and a pen, she could do it so fast they would hardly notice that she's gone. In fact why ask Carin if he could ask Zatanna? She could conjure it up. Grinning, he rubbed his palms together and started to move towards Zatanna.

Meanwhile, Wally retorted: "Except without the intel and the serum sample we got together, and the spell Zatanna helped cast, you guys would still be fighting Mammoth-clones in the streets right now. And we didn't straight up assassinate any cult leaders on satellite footage in the process."

This made Garfield pause, assassinate? He turned towards Red Arrow, a finger raised to protest.

"This isn't a pissing contest, Wildcat," Batman Red growled before Beryl could reply. "And like Red Arrow said, it doesn't have to be a fight. Just stand down and let us handle this. Just maybe we can get through this without slaughtering your primary opponents or destroying crucial parts of a city's infrastructure. Stand. Down."

Those words made Garfield stop, any protest he might have had, died on his lips and his tongue stilled as tears suddenly flooded towards his eyes.

His gaze darted from Wildcat to the other Batman at this. "Wholesale killing of human supervillains, not just the clone army? I can see destroying the bridge as a tactical response, but the Sports Complex? How many people were still inside those buildings when this team somehow magickally wiped it off of the map, 'Batman?' How many? Do you even know, did you even bother doing the math, or was it just-- collateral damage on their rampage? Nightwing and Aquaman were team leaders, and now you're... Nightwing's 'proxy.' The responsibility, the buck stops with you!"

"If you cannot control your team for the safety of human lives, I have no choice but to shut it down before more irrevocable harm is done."

Garfield turned away from these men, like their accusations had cut him to the quick. Which in fact it did. Sure the Sports complex was not his fault, so far as what he knew, the civilians were cleared from it before Kiz destroyed it. But the bridge and the four lieutenants. He had killed them. He brought down the bridge. He almost died himself, but he had killed and nothing could take that away. He angrily wiped away the tears and hoped that nobody saw it. He looked up at the floating mountain and then down at the Leaguers. "I wonder if their defenses can pick up changing biological markers. It could be worth a shot."

He pointed a thumb over his back at the two Batmen and Red Arrow, "Why don't we just withdraw, have a strawberry milkshake and a cheeseburger or pizza and when they realize it is better to have us with them, we can come out here together and kick butt rightly? I know this sweet little place just down the road..."
 
The Mother in his Brain. (via Zet_Cross)

G.R.I.D. flinched visibly when Superboy namedropped Brainiac.

But fortunately for him, most everyone was focused on the aggression of The Titans.

In his head, Lysl commented: It is no surprise that the hybrid biologic would have enmity with Brainiac One. He harvests cities from civilizations that are soon to be extinct, uses dwarfmatter miniaturization to preserve them in bottle form, and archives them. His greatest pride is the incalculable intellectual value of such sole surviving portions of entire extinct planetary cultures.

The Kryptonian city of Kandor is the jewel of his collection. He considers Kryptonian technology his... nemesis, he's obsessed with reverse-engineering it, as it defies his comprehension and countermeasures even now. And of course, Kal-El of Krypton has sought to reclaim Kandor and give it a place of honor in whatever shrine he has to the planet of Krypton. This has been a point of contention between himself and The Superman for two decades.

As a result, the specificity of The Superboy's derogatory use of the title of 'Brainiac,' my title, my progenitor's title, is just a highly probable coincidence.

Milton laughed faintly, and muttered in response: "Yeah. It's a small world, after all."

(Of course, neither of them had any idea just how much of a coincidence it really was. Considering the alternate-future past that eluded Rebel's memory... and a young man named Querl... that technically made two teams that Jo had joined that had a Brainiac as a member, whether she knew it or not.)

Then G.R.I.D. spoke up: "Listen, everyone, I'm with the rational minority, here. Let's stop arguing about jurisdiction and-- and hurt feelings--"

--and he pointed his arm cannon overhead at the floating monstrosity--

"--and figure out what the Hell that is!"

"Wait, you're a dude in there?" Superboy winced. "Oh, man, I thought for sure that was chick armor. The hips! The shoulder pads!"

"We can talk about your obsolete sociocultural gender concepts later," Milton quipped. "Seriously, other priorities."

"Speaking of priorities," Aztek chimed in, "how about not waving that plasma projection tube around until we get this situation calmed down, okay?"
 
Last edited:
Turning Tides.

Garfield straightened up, but kept his head close to the glass of the tank, "I am sorry for having to ask you so directly, but when that lab coat lady... I really should start to remember peoples' names... anyway, when she told me that Lex Luthor is the one who foots the bill for the new League..."

"Her name is Natasha Irons," Kaldur reminded him gently. "She is one of the foremost engineers and inventors on the planet. Will Magnus himself once complimented her metalwork. But you were saying."

He shook his head, "I'm sorry, I just don't trust the guy. Everybody seem to love him and I might even risk a lot to tell you this, but I know you. The whale knew you and I think that through his eyes I could see you for who and what you really are."

Kaldur's eyes were as still as stone, but even in the unrippled pool of calm that was his face, there were hints of... gratitude, and deep, deep respect.

He breathed a sigh, "And in all honesty Kal, I don't see you standing with a guy like Luthor. Especially with him backing some of the most powerful people that I know of."

Out loud, Kaldur replied: "You know what is funny? It is always odd for me when someone nicknames me 'Kal.' That is what Wonder Woman called Superman."

But in his head, Garfield would hear Kaldur's voice saying something else entirely: <"Take amphibious form for a moment, so that my telepathy can reach you more easily.">
 
Last edited:
Life-hack.

"Bones has been busy since this started?" Thea's brain twisted just a touch and she started Thinking furiously. "Hey, Ruby. You said you can track shit? Can ya track the Titans' teleport? Where did they come from? Chase says Bones has been busy since this started... ."

Wildstar took a second to register that Wildcat was talking to her-- the duality of consciousness created by The H-Dial was not an exact science.

But when she listened, she listened raptly, and nodded firmly: "Yes, I can 'track shit.'"

She closed her oculars and held out her hand, the fingers wiggling slightly: "Half were gathered at The Titans Tower in New York. The others were at Titans Tower West in San Francisco. Each of their individual paths brought them to their respective Towers before Zatanna's magic brought them all here... together. I don't know if I can backtrace the individual Titans' paths this morning, but I can try..."

Zatanna tilted her head. "I can feel you trying to scry-screw with me, Hotline. I thought we were friends, but that's just an invasion of privacy. See how you like it."

And then the sorceress lifted one hand and made a motion with her fingers like she was dialing an old rotary-dial telephone. "O-R-E-H."

SssshhCLICK!

And in a fizzle of interrupted hypertime, Ruby was Ruby again, and Wildstar had gone back to wherever her ectype had been summoned from.

Ruby's eyes bulged in surprise. "...what? Zed, that's just-- what the fuck!"
 
Last edited:
Insert pun about the Seattle Grunge scene here.

The Sandman looked over at Grunge. His gleaming golden mask hiding the grin spreading across his face.

"Cultural appropriation usually requires more than quoting a great man. But I'm not here to fight you. I have come to protect the world from those that would harm it. I am assuming that we are all here for the same reason. Now, I am sure we can sit here and debate past actions, but, as my mentor once explained, there is no land beyond the law, eventually we all pay for our sins. In the meantime, perhaps we should try to do good while we can, rather than try to tear down one another."

"See, I knew you were a white guy under that get-up," Grunge tutted, snapping his fingers and pointing. "You know what you have in common with fortune cookies? You spout loads of cliche horsecrap and you're not from China."

"People who fight when they don't have to are dumb. Especially when a real bad guy is coming. If you don't want to be useful, stay back."

Grunge shot Braggock a look, gritted his teeth. "Dumb? Seriously? From you? Sound of things, you don't just look like a box of rocks, you're dumber than one, too. Especially if you're taking their side."
 
Total Chaos.

Green Arrow smiled at Red. "Oh I know far more about Ollie than even you do 'Speedy'," he grinned. "I have more rights to this name than some wanna be fan boy that was taken in off the streets."

Chuckling he looked the man in the face and then spat at his feet. "I know all about you Roy," he said with a menacing growl. "Got all the dirt straight from the horses mouth, so don't ever presume to know more about Oliver Queen than I do. I can out shoot, out fight and out perform you on my worst day. Why do you think I was given the right to his name and not you?"

"That's the difference between you and me," Red Arrow grimaced. "I don't claim I got rights to the name, I honor it in my own way instead of pretending to be something I ain't. I'm my own flavor of Arrow, a one-man arsenal. The only wannabe fanboy I see is the one here sporting the ninja turtle cosplay."

"And here's another thing: I don't care what rights you think you were given by who, Green Asshole," Roy snarled, "but obviously they were mistaken, because any hero worthy of the name wouldn't go gleefully spouting a secret identity when Kotero is still out there, or Onomatopoeia, or Count Vertigo-- anyone who could take revenge on G.A.'s people because you're spitting his name out in public. You're lucky this fountain is probably fucking with any parabolic mics in range. But goddamn. Who ponied up this intel you're waving about like a Wikileak? Did Cheshire put you up to this? Ra's? You make me sick."

"Say his name. Say his name one more time. And I swear to God I will shoot you through the tendons and we'll see you ever draw a fucking bow again."

"Sorry Hotline, I guess my words did come off a little out of line. What I meant was that none of those pansies," he said gesturing with his thumb over his shoulder at the gathered Titans, "Had been asked to step up to the big leagues. I mean that is what the Titans are for. The stepping stone right. Like the minor leagues before going to the Majors. Obviously I am not belittling the ones who have made it," he smiled.

Ruby rubbed her forearm with the Leonardo tattoo, still looking wounded from Zatanna's forced hang-up and now squinting at Roy's crack about ninja turtles. "The League is a team, Green Arrow. The Titans are a family. You belittle one of us, you belittle all of us." Then she glanced around at the gathered Titans around her. "At least, that's the way it's supposed to be. What happened to you guys? Did you all get up on the wrong side of the bed or something?"

He looked over at the Silver Bullet and Captain Marvel, "Although there are some that will always feel more comfortable playing in the minor leagues. Less pressure and all that."

"LeBron plays a pick-up game in the worst neighborhood in Cleveland," Silver Bullet replied without missing a beat, "he's still LeBron."

"The Power of SHAZAM is a lot of pressure," Captain Marvel pointed out. "I do okay. The Wisdom of Solomon says that a man who seeks to humble himself will be honored, and the man who seeks to honor himself will be humbled. Which are you?"

Then he looked at Wally. "Oh and it was so impressive of you to get that serum sample and cast a spell. Perhaps though if you had been where the real fight had been, more if not all of those people your so called leader is berating us for allowing to die would have been saved. After all our speedster was able to get out over a third of them and with the help of others that almost became half, and she is nowhere near as fast as you. But you pat yourself on the back about your minor effort. After all once WE took down the bridge that ended the threat anyway."

"You shit-headed jumped-up dart-thrower," Kid Flash scowled. "You're completely missing the point. We fought an endlessly-spawning army of robot hunter-killers from space and if we hadn't blowing up the bridge wouldn't have solved everything and we would still have an epidemic of monsters in every major city who could each bench 20 tons and bounce bullets off of their scaly pecs. Maybe you did a good thing in a fucked-up way but if it wasn't for us it wouldn't have been enough. Don't take all the credit for half an ass!"

"And let's talk about that speedster of yours, can we?" Silver Bullet mused, eyeing Carin. "In all the press-conferences and upfronts Luthor's people did when we first got the band together, they talked about how important it was that I added diversity to the team, and the second I give my notice you guys replace me with someone extra white? What's that about? There's a speedster lady in Dakota who's Japanese and gay-married, but nooo. Extra. White."

Slow clapping he walked away and up to the Red Bat. "So why don't you show us how things are done Robin, Mr boy wonder. Take your team of Wanna be's and go explore. However when you come up against something that requires the hard decision are you going to be up to it?"

Visibly, Batman Red didn't react to Arrow's goading, except to clench his fists even tighter at his sides, and narrow his eyes in a very. Batman. sort of way.

But he was more focused on the other Batman. on Damien.

And perhaps rightly so.
 
Last edited:
Wildstar took a second to register that Wildcat was talking to her-- the duality of consciousness created by The H-Dial was not an exact science.

But when she listened, she listened raptly, and nodded firmly: "Yes, I can 'track shit.'"

She closed her oculars and held out her hand, the fingers wiggling slightly: "Half were gathered at The Titans Tower in New York. The others were at Titans Tower West in San Francisco. Each of their individual paths brought them to their respective Towers before Zatanna's magic brought them all here... together. I don't know if I can backtrace the individual Titans' paths this morning, but I can try..."

Zatanna tilted her head. "I can feel you trying to scry-screw with me, Hotline. I thought we were friends, but that's just an invasion of privacy. See how you like it."

And then the sorceress lifted one hand and made a motion with her fingers like she was dialing an old rotary-dial telephone. "O-R-E-H."

SssshhCLICK!

And in a fizzle of interrupted hypertime, Ruby was Ruby again, and Wildstar had gone back to wherever her ectype had been summoned from.

Ruby's eyes bulged in surprise. "...what? Zed, that's just-- what the fuck!"

Thea watched that and the action of Zatanna convinced her. "League. The Titans don't want us verifying their claim. I'm pretty sure the Titans ain't on the up and up here."
 
She's out back counting stars.

He angrily wiped away the tears and hoped that nobody saw it.

Rose caught a glimpse. But empathized gently, and refused to judge. She had been sticking to Karan like glue, but the emotions around here were flying hot and fierce and it was all she could do to keep her walls up and prevent the surface thoughts from overwhelming her.

He looked up at the floating mountain and then down at the Leaguers. "I wonder if their defenses can pick up changing biological markers. It could be worth a shot."

"You mean like, shapeshifting?" Rose wondered quietly. "Yeah, that could work. And I could-- I could go invisible and intangible-- maybe that could slip through their defenses?"

He pointed a thumb over his back at the two Batmen and Red Arrow, "Why don't we just withdraw, have a strawberry milkshake and a cheeseburger or pizza and when they realize it is better to have us with them, we can come out here together and kick butt rightly? I know this sweet little place just down the road..."

"Planet Java?" Rose wondered. "I've heard it's pretty good." Her mom and brother had a house outside of Seattle, after all. "But I think-- this is a watched pot we need to make sure doesn't boil. If-- if it's not already."
 
“And when the horde of locusts decends upon the world. Do they have souls? Will you cry that their blood must be shed to save billions of humans lives? Will you scream in denial when their Queen is slain in order to stop the Horde?” The Rider asked, it’s gaze sweeping around the room, looking at each of them even though it never turned it’s head.

“The only one here that is covered in the blood of Innocence is her!” The Rider intoned, pointing at Renegade.

“Prove it,” Renegade said with a shrug. “I killed before there were laws about that shit. Hell I was there when the Bitch turned him over to the Jews.” She added with a gesture at The Rider. “Anybody have an stones?”

“The Replicants were created with magic and pseudo-science, mass produced and of disgustingly inferior quality. Made for a vile purpose. Confusion and chaos. Death and destruction.” Raven told the groups. “Hind-sight is twenty-twenty. Yes, we’ve all done things we didn’t like. But we did them. Did the people you fought deserve to have their legs broken? Their bodies shattered? The minds bent and twisted? Their.. tendons sheared through? Just because you didn’t like what they did? Because they stole something? We stepped in and stop individuals – and their Master -- that sought to annihilate a species of life. Human life. And only after we were able to get them to pause, then everyone here was able to stop them.”

“But if you want to take over and run the show, go for it. Someone I …” Sighing she refused to finish that sentence. “She Died very recently. So you can all fuck yourselves about who’s better. We were the ones on the pedestal being stared at and pointed at for our flaws. While the lot of you hid from camera and criticism.”

Looking at the two groups of Titans, East and West, Karan spoke up. “I asked once if Humanity was worth saving. It’s why I’m still here. Fighting to save Humanity. No I’m not perfect. M&M is. I fought to save lives. Not just to stop them. But to stop them so hard that Kobra wouldn’t, couldn’t keep attacking at another time. How many times has Batman fought The Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler? Those are just the ones I always hear about. Murderers. Assault. Disfigurement. Insanity. That’s what they leave behind. Batman wouldn’t take the stand and face them so they could be stopped and executed. Instead they escape and do what they do best.”

“And what about Batman. I admire him, Superman, Wonder Woman. Did I like killing the things I killed? No. But if I hadn’t another thousand men, women, and children would have been butchered. If you want to stop us.. they go stop Every Military in the world. Because I’m sorry, but they kill more humans then I ever have.”

Looking at the group Renegade finally chose to speak. “Amazing, but for all the posturing, I don’t see any of you as being vegan. Cow killers. Eaters of unborn chickens. All of you have killed as well, even if you didn’t cut the throat of your victims.”

“Least I don’t lie about it.” She finished, as she put her arm around Garfields shoulders. “Bitches, he is the Fucking Animal Kingdom.”
 
Titans Hunt.

"And just how compitent was your team when they were first brought together." Batman said calmly which added an even more haunting aspect to his modulated voice. "Or how about the original Titans, the original Oustiders, or for that matter even the original Justice League. Did these people make mistakes on their first outting? Yes they did. However it's what they do from now on, and how they learn from those mistakes is what will determine how history will remember them... or not." he added.

Batman Red squinted. "Rationalize it all you want. But if it were us, in Gotham, our predecessor would never have tolerated that degree of incompetence, even when we were rookies. He and the second Robin are proof of that."

"As for this cowl... I suggest you talk to your mentor about that. Because only he can have me remove it."

Damien Wayne, superpowers or no, was one of the most dangerous men on the planet. Even in his youth, he had been able to go toe-to-toe with Tim, and Tim had been trained by Batman, King Snake, Lady Shiva...

...on top of this, Damien knew how to push buttons.

The thought of Bruce. A figurative father to Tim even before the death of his biological one. A father in all but blood to all the Robins-- except Damien, who did have Bruce's blood. And now Bruce had been shattered. A husk. Physically incapable of carrying on the good fight, when once he had been the perfect human specimen. This chilled Tim.

Was this the only possible survival that waited for all Bats and Birds at the end of their journey?

Even as Green Arrow ranted and raved--

--even as Wondergirl, Renegade, Raven, and The Rider each threw in their two cents, calling out his team for their hypocrisy, pitched their own explanations for events, Tim stewed and grimaced.

Thea watched that and the action of Zatanna convinced her. "League. The Titans don't want us verifying their claim. I'm pretty sure the Titans ain't on the up and up here."

"No."

Batman Red growled.

"No, that's enough. That's enough obstructionism. That's enough character assassination. If you were really interested in seeing justice done, you would have let us get on with the work and not cared about jurisdiction or glory."

He locked eyes on Green Arrow. "You want a hard decision, 'Arrow?' Here's one. SHUT IT DOWN!"

And then his voice turned from growl to thunder: "Titans. GO!"

And with that, the Titans of both coasts leaped to engage their New League counterparts...

...Batman Red snapped a cryonic Batarang into his hand and hurled it for Batman...

...Red Arrow slapped leather, hauling a Colt 1911 out of its holster and firing to wound Green Arrow...

...Starfire's eyes blazed green and she launched double-fisted starbolts for Raven...

...Zatanna flung out a hand and bellowed at Ghost Rider-- "SOMUL SUTCNAS!" --bathing The Spirit of Vengeance in a halo of holy light...

...Captain Marvel darted for Wondergirl, swinging hard for her face with a fist crackling with mystic, godly lightning...

...Terra willed chunks of The Loop's paving stones up from the ground and hurled them at Renegade...

...cursing his luck, Superboy flew for Rebel, willing his tac-teke aura to be as strong as he could make it...

...Kid Flash threw The Atom at furious speed for Wildcat's face, The Atom enlarging rapidly as he hurtled for her, attempting to pull off a massive "Superman punch," before Wally then turned to engage with Velocity, attempting to sweep the legs out from under her before she could get going...

...at the same time, Silver Bullet launched for Velocity as well, aiming to clothesline her...

...Solstice flared her light-aura to full power and speared an energy blast for Martian Manhuntress...

...Teen Lantern fired a bolt of her Ring-energy not at any Leaguer, but at Grunge, who grinned at Sandman and Braggock as he absorbed the shimmering verdant power and wreathed himself in it before blasting streams of concussive green light at both of them at once...

...then Teen Lantern whirled to face Beast Boy, summoning a giant construct butterfly-net through her Ring and attempting to pin him with it...

...drawing her sword, Knight attacked Hotline, gritting her teeth...

...Aztek's arms snapped up and he fired a spread of low-yield missiles at G.R.I.D. and Aquagirl...

...the battle was joined, and The Titans were playing for keeps.
 
Last edited:
He locked eyes on Green Arrow. "You want a hard decision, 'Arrow?' Here's one. SHUT IT DOWN!"

And then his voice turned from growl to thunder: "Titans. GO!"

And with that, the Titans of both coasts leaped to engage their New League counterparts...

...Batman Red snapped a cryonic Batarang into his hand and hurled it for Batman...

...Red Arrow slapped leather, hauling a Colt 1911 out of its holster and firing to wound Green Arrow...

...Starfire's eyes blazed green and she launched double-fisted starbolts for Raven...

...Zatanna flung out a hand and bellowed at Ghost Rider-- "SOMUL SUTCNAS!" --bathing The Spirit of Vengeance in a halo of holy light...

...Captain Marvel darted for Wondergirl, swinging hard for her face with a fist crackling with mystic, godly lightning...

...Terra willed chunks of The Loop's paving stones up from the ground and hurled them at Renegade...

...cursing his luck, Superboy flew for Rebel, willing his tac-teke aura to be as strong as he could make it...

...Kid Flash threw The Atom at furious speed for Wildcat's face, The Atom enlarging rapidly as he hurtled for her, attempting to pull off a massive "Superman punch," before Wally then turned to engage with Velocity, attempting to sweep the legs out from under her before she could get going...

...at the same time, Silver Bullet launched for Velocity as well, aiming to clothesline her...

...Solstice flared her light-aura to full power and speared an energy blast for Martian Manhuntress...

...Teen Lantern fired a bolt of her Ring-energy not at any Leaguer, but at Grunge, who grinned at Sandman and Braggock as he absorbed the shimmering verdant power and wreathed himself in it before blasting streams of concussive green light at both of them at once...

...then Teen Lantern whirled to face Beast Boy, summoning a giant construct butterfly-net through her Ring and attempting to pin him with it...

...drawing her sword, Knight attacked Hotline, gritting her teeth...

...Aztek's arms snapped up and he fired a spread of low-yield missiles at G.R.I.D. and Aquagirl...

...the battle was joined, and The Titans were playing for keeps.

The Sandman had tried to ignore the chihuahua like yap of the young hero. But then all Hell began to break loose.

The Sandman was not the most powerful being here. Not in this realm especially. If only they were in The Dreaming... but he would have to do the best he could. Were these the Extremist he had been warned about? Wesley would be rolling in his grave to see this generation of so called heroes fighting so viciously amongst themselves.

The Sandman called on every resource he had. As he began to move he knew it would be his experience that made the difference. As he called on the powers bestowed by the Mantle he let loose gusts of a deep billowing Fog.

The Fog of Dreams could effect people in many ways. He could plunge them deep into internal Hells built of their own nightmares, or simply incapacitate them. But he needed allies, not casualties. Instead he called on the soothing nature of Dreams. He called on the Hope that was bound within every Dream, no matter how nightmarish the Dream appeared. He attempted to flood the gathered forces with this Hope and soothe their rage. End the fight before it went too far.

At the same time, he shifted and waved one of those billowing golden hands in the air before him. Even as Grunge was blasting waves of concussive energy, the Sandman was working to counter his attack. First a wall of Earth erupted between himself and Grunge. And then, beneath Grunge's feet, the Earth moved. Impossibly quick, the very ground beneath his feet shifted and spun like a giant lazy susan, turning him to face his own teammates.

While all this happened, The Sandman started to harden. No longer made of flesh and blood and merely clothed in the Raiments of Morpheus, the Dream King, he was now living stone. And he grew. In a split second he was the size of a building. Still pouring the Fog of Dreams for all he could. Hoping to stop this before it could begin in earnest.

"YOU ARE ALL PETULANT CHILDREN! You talk about the honor of the Mantles you have taken on, but they would all be ashamed of the actions before me today. ENOUGH!"

The Sandman bellowed, his voice reverberating through the throng.
 
Batman Red squinted. "Rationalize it all you want. But if it were us, in Gotham, our predecessor would never have tolerated that degree of incompetence, even when we were rookies. He and the second Robin are proof of that."



Damien Wayne, superpowers or no, was one of the most dangerous men on the planet. Even in his youth, he had been able to go toe-to-toe with Tim, and Tim had been trained by Batman, King Snake, Lady Shiva...

...on top of this, Damien knew how to push buttons.

The thought of Bruce. A figurative father to Tim even before the death of his biological one. A father in all but blood to all the Robins-- except Damien, who did have Bruce's blood. And now Bruce had been shattered. A husk. Physically incapable of carrying on the good fight, when once he had been the perfect human specimen. This chilled Tim.

Was this the only possible survival that waited for all Bats and Birds at the end of their journey?

Even as Green Arrow ranted and raved--

--even as Wondergirl, Renegade, Raven, and The Rider each threw in their two cents, calling out his team for their hypocrisy, pitched their own explanations for events, Tim stewed and grimaced.



"No."

Batman Red growled.

"No, that's enough. That's enough obstructionism. That's enough character assassination. If you were really interested in seeing justice done, you would have let us get on with the work and not cared about jurisdiction or glory."

He locked eyes on Green Arrow. "You want a hard decision, 'Arrow?' Here's one. SHUT IT DOWN!"

And then his voice turned from growl to thunder: "Titans. GO!"

And with that, the Titans of both coasts leaped to engage their New League counterparts...

...Batman Red snapped a cryonic Batarang into his hand and hurled it for Batman...

...Red Arrow slapped leather, hauling a Colt 1911 out of its holster and firing to wound Green Arrow...

...Starfire's eyes blazed green and she launched double-fisted starbolts for Raven...

...Zatanna flung out a hand and bellowed at Ghost Rider-- "SOMUL SUTCNAS!" --bathing The Spirit of Vengeance in a halo of holy light...

...Captain Marvel darted for Wondergirl, swinging hard for her face with a fist crackling with mystic, godly lightning...

...Terra willed chunks of The Loop's paving stones up from the ground and hurled them at Renegade...

...cursing his luck, Superboy flew for Rebel, willing his tac-teke aura to be as strong as he could make it...

...Kid Flash threw The Atom at furious speed for Wildcat's face, The Atom enlarging rapidly as he hurtled for her, attempting to pull off a massive "Superman punch," before Wally then turned to engage with Velocity, attempting to sweep the legs out from under her before she could get going...

...at the same time, Silver Bullet launched for Velocity as well, aiming to clothesline her...

...Solstice flared her light-aura to full power and speared an energy blast for Martian Manhuntress...

...Teen Lantern fired a bolt of her Ring-energy not at any Leaguer, but at Grunge, who grinned at Sandman and Braggock as he absorbed the shimmering verdant power and wreathed himself in it before blasting streams of concussive green light at both of them at once...

...then Teen Lantern whirled to face Beast Boy, summoning a giant construct butterfly-net through her Ring and attempting to pin him with it...

...drawing her sword, Knight attacked Hotline, gritting her teeth...

...Aztek's arms snapped up and he fired a spread of low-yield missiles at G.R.I.D. and Aquagirl...

...the battle was joined, and The Titans were playing for keeps.

Rebel had kinda seen this coming. Not sure why but she also knew not to let the enemy play their game. It was how she had evaded being caught for so long.

Speed. She hurled herself at the Batguy on the Titans' side. Full speed. She planned to grab him at speed, shift to strength and hurl him airborne, shift to flash vision and pulse hit Red arrow's pistol and then go tough because she knew Superboy would catch her for not using her speed for so long.
 
The Atom? Thea went straight up with all her new strength and agility. No fancy attack plan, just duck and move. She had her own reservations in this fight, but the Titans weren't helping. They were usually more level headed. Bat red was a planner. He was acting more like Roy or even Thea herself. So not right.
 
"You mean like, shapeshifting?" Rose wondered quietly. "Yeah, that could work. And I could-- I could go invisible and intangible-- maybe that could slip through their defenses?"

Garfield nodded, "Yes exactly like that, I mean it would be worth a shot, not like we are attacking them, just want to find out more and if they are coming in peace. Of course the fact that they killed people does seem like they are not coming in peace, but it could also be an automated defense system. No need to go in all gung-ho."

"Planet Java?" Rose wondered. "I've heard it's pretty good." Her mom and brother had a house outside of Seattle, after all. "But I think-- this is a watched pot we need to make sure doesn't boil. If-- if it's not already."

Garfield's eyes lit up at the mention of Planet Java, "Exactly! If you have only heard about it, you must try it. Bring Karan and let's go have something to eat. I can eat, I am sure you could eat and since we did travel so many miles, I think all of us should eat and when we feel better after restoring our sugar levels, come back here and talk like rational people."

He grinned, "Pot doesn't boil over. Heh! Of course it will boil even if you watch it, it needs ingredients to stop boiling, then you put it on simmer and after a few minutes you can switch off the stove and..."

Looking at the group Renegade finally chose to speak. “Amazing, but for all the posturing, I don’t see any of you as being vegan. Cow killers. Eaters of unborn chickens. All of you have killed as well, even if you didn’t cut the throat of your victims.”

Garfield lifted a finger to state a point, "Actually..."

“Least I don’t lie about it.” She finished, as she put her arm around Garfields shoulders. “Bitches, he is the Fucking Animal Kingdom.”

Ehrm right, kinda what he wanted to say

"No."

Batman Red growled.

"No, that's enough. That's enough obstructionism. That's enough character assassination. If you were really interested in seeing justice done, you would have let us get on with the work and not cared about jurisdiction or glory."

He locked eyes on Green Arrow. "You want a hard decision, 'Arrow?' Here's one. SHUT IT DOWN!"

And then his voice turned from growl to thunder: "Titans. GO!"

...Terra willed chunks of The Loop's paving stones up from the ground and hurled them at Renegade...

...Teen Lantern fired a bolt of her Ring-energy not at any Leaguer, but at Grunge, who grinned at Sandman and Braggock as he absorbed the shimmering verdant power and wreathed himself in it before blasting streams of concussive green light at both of them at once...

...then Teen Lantern whirled to face Beast Boy, summoning a giant construct butterfly-net through her Ring and attempting to pin him with it...

Garfield sighed as the Titan Batman kept on jammering about stepping aside, didn't he just mentioned that they should do it. The next words which galvanized the Titans into action took him by surprise. That was not what he had expected, okay with super powered people arguing about silly stuff, you can kind of think that there will come some blows, but usually you hit the bad guys, not each other!

He knew better than to shove Renegade out of the way, she/he had proved to be quite competent to handle situations, the incoming energy construct did give him an idea. Garfield shimmered and latched on to the paving stones aimed at Renegade in the form of a colony of jade colored fleas. Using these missiles as foothold, the fleas launch themselves away from Renegade, who might decide to shoot the stones.

Garfield pops up beside Teen Lantern, "Now why did you do that? What did I ever do to you which would make you want to attack me? Can't we be friends? You know, you give me your autograph on a nice white lab coat, we go have pizza and a milkshake, laugh about all this sillyness and then go for a swim?"

The Fog of Dreams could effect people in many ways. He could plunge them deep into internal Hells built of their own nightmares, or simply incapacitate them. But he needed allies, not casualties. Instead he called on the soothing nature of Dreams. He called on the Hope that was bound within every Dream, no matter how nightmarish the Dream appeared. He attempted to flood the gathered forces with this Hope and soothe their rage. End the fight before it went too far.

At the same time, he shifted and waved one of those billowing golden hands in the air before him. Even as Grunge was blasting waves of concussive energy, the Sandman was working to counter his attack. First a wall of Earth erupted between himself and Grunge. And then, beneath Grunge's feet, the Earth moved. Impossibly quick, the very ground beneath his feet shifted and spun like a giant lazy susan, turning him to face his own teammates.

While all this happened, The Sandman started to harden. No longer made of flesh and blood and merely clothed in the Raiments of Morpheus, the Dream King, he was now living stone. And he grew. In a split second he was the size of a building. Still pouring the Fog of Dreams for all he could. Hoping to stop this before it could begin in earnest.

"YOU ARE ALL PETULANT CHILDREN! You talk about the honor of the Mantles you have taken on, but they would all be ashamed of the actions before me today. ENOUGH!"

The Sandman bellowed, his voice reverberating through the throng.

Garfield cringed, "Why is everybody shouting and screaming at me today? I am not deaf you know?"

He refocused on Teen Lantern and stuck out his hand, "How about a truce hey?"
 
Last edited:
Batman Red squinted. "Rationalize it all you want. But if it were us, in Gotham, our predecessor would never have tolerated that degree of incompetence, even when we were rookies. He and the second Robin are proof of that."



Damien Wayne, superpowers or no, was one of the most dangerous men on the planet. Even in his youth, he had been able to go toe-to-toe with Tim, and Tim had been trained by Batman, King Snake, Lady Shiva...

...on top of this, Damien knew how to push buttons.

The thought of Bruce. A figurative father to Tim even before the death of his biological one. A father in all but blood to all the Robins-- except Damien, who did have Bruce's blood. And now Bruce had been shattered. A husk. Physically incapable of carrying on the good fight, when once he had been the perfect human specimen. This chilled Tim.

Was this the only possible survival that waited for all Bats and Birds at the end of their journey?

Even as Green Arrow ranted and raved--

--even as Wondergirl, Renegade, Raven, and The Rider each threw in their two cents, calling out his team for their hypocrisy, pitched their own explanations for events, Tim stewed and grimaced.



"No."

Batman Red growled.

"No, that's enough. That's enough obstructionism. That's enough character assassination. If you were really interested in seeing justice done, you would have let us get on with the work and not cared about jurisdiction or glory."

He locked eyes on Green Arrow. "You want a hard decision, 'Arrow?' Here's one. SHUT IT DOWN!"

And then his voice turned from growl to thunder: "Titans. GO!"

And with that, the Titans of both coasts leaped to engage their New League counterparts...

...Batman Red snapped a cryonic Batarang into his hand and hurled it for Batman...

...Red Arrow slapped leather, hauling a Colt 1911 out of its holster and firing to wound Green Arrow...

...Starfire's eyes blazed green and she launched double-fisted starbolts for Raven...

...Zatanna flung out a hand and bellowed at Ghost Rider-- "SOMUL SUTCNAS!" --bathing The Spirit of Vengeance in a halo of holy light...

...Captain Marvel darted for Wondergirl, swinging hard for her face with a fist crackling with mystic, godly lightning...

...Terra willed chunks of The Loop's paving stones up from the ground and hurled them at Renegade...

...cursing his luck, Superboy flew for Rebel, willing his tac-teke aura to be as strong as he could make it...

...Kid Flash threw The Atom at furious speed for Wildcat's face, The Atom enlarging rapidly as he hurtled for her, attempting to pull off a massive "Superman punch," before Wally then turned to engage with Velocity, attempting to sweep the legs out from under her before she could get going...

...at the same time, Silver Bullet launched for Velocity as well, aiming to clothesline her...

...Solstice flared her light-aura to full power and speared an energy blast for Martian Manhuntress...

...Teen Lantern fired a bolt of her Ring-energy not at any Leaguer, but at Grunge, who grinned at Sandman and Braggock as he absorbed the shimmering verdant power and wreathed himself in it before blasting streams of concussive green light at both of them at once...

...then Teen Lantern whirled to face Beast Boy, summoning a giant construct butterfly-net through her Ring and attempting to pin him with it...

...drawing her sword, Knight attacked Hotline, gritting her teeth...

...Aztek's arms snapped up and he fired a spread of low-yield missiles at G.R.I.D. and Aquagirl...

...the battle was joined, and The Titans were playing for keeps.

Velocity had been wondering where all the posturing of the others was going to get them. She had stayed back and had only become incensed at the words of Silver Bullet. She hated reverse Racism. As if someone of color calling a person like her white was not offensive. Like she had chosen to have her skin bleached this color. Well she was going to smack him upside the head if she got the chance and by the looks of things that was going to be soon.

The one thing that set her apart from her fellow Heroes was the fact that she had been hunted for most of her life. She had a sixth sense for when shit was about to go down, so she didn't even need to hear Red Bat's declaration to know that they were going to be attacked. Of course she knew just who was going to be coming after her, but that didn't mean she had to play by the same rules.

She started vibrating at different frequencies and ran right at Silver Bullet, Phasing through him but solidifying her heel for a fraction of a second inside his calf to sever his Achilles tendon. It would put him out of the fight for the foreseeable future until his accelerated healing knitted it back together. By then of course the battle would probably be over.

Ignoring Wally for now she continued on towards Red Batman, plucking the Batarang he had thrown towards Batman out of the air and placing it behind him and then grabbing the bullet Red arrow had fired and placing it behind his right shoulder. Smiling she then turned towards Wally. There was no way she could keep ahead of him so her only chance was to out think him.

Rushing back at him she continued to vibrate at different frequencies ready to launch a punch at him.
 
Braggock was not dumb. His brain was merely a crystal matrix as opposed to an organic lump of mush. Thoughts traveled slower and his world view was much simplified compared to organic humans. But when it came time to fight...

He ducked his head and raised both forearms to block the burst of green energy, planting his feet one in front of the other. He was shoved backwards a few feet, but otherwise undamaged. It was his turn.

Snakes of flame burst forth from his aura, writhing and sidewinding through the air after Grunge. They moved independently of Braggock, seeking to entangle the other.

Even as he did this, Braggock waded in with all his mass and strength, hurling a brutal front kick at the Mean Man.
 
Grunge. Rock.

The Fog of Dreams could effect people in many ways. He could plunge them deep into internal Hells built of their own nightmares, or simply incapacitate them. But he needed allies, not casualties. Instead he called on the soothing nature of Dreams. He called on the Hope that was bound within every Dream, no matter how nightmarish the Dream appeared. He attempted to flood the gathered forces with this Hope and soothe their rage. End the fight before it went too far.

For those not automatically filtered and resistant against gas, the effect was immediate. Superboy, especially, had very limited invulnerability against gases, and he staggered in mid-flight, shaking his head, his force-aura waning...

...but in the next breath, a terrifying thing happened.

Those who were slowed or stymied by The Fog of Dreams suddenly stiffened, spasmed, almost as one, simultaneously surging back into the fight.

They threw off the mollifying effects of The Fog with primal fury and resolve, like a psychic adrenaline rush, like a cattle-prod to the cerebrum, fighting with even more finality and lethality.

...those who had extrasensory awarenesses of a certain variety, such as Raven, or The Rider, or Martian Manhuntress, or possibly The Sandman, would be able to see in this resurgence a kind of interference crackling in the minds and souls and auras of these Titans. Had it been there all along, too insidious and subtle to perceive, woven into their minds at the most basic level? Only now revealed by its efforts to redouble and resist The Sandman's call to lay down arms?

In any case, there was more going on here than a simple failing to come to terms.

At the same time, he shifted and waved one of those billowing golden hands in the air before him. Even as Grunge was blasting waves of concussive energy, the Sandman was working to counter his attack. First a wall of Earth erupted between himself and Grunge. And then, beneath Grunge's feet, the Earth moved. Impossibly quick, the very ground beneath his feet shifted and spun like a giant lazy susan, turning him to face his own teammates.

To his credit, Grunge was a grumpy, horny, hothead at the most and best of times, but he and Teen Lantern had trained together tirelessly with the rest of The Titans-- absorbing her energy was a well-practiced move. Thus, when Grunge found himself one-eightyed, he reacted with alacrity, redirecting his blasts so that they shot up into the sky at an angle, up and out and over the skyline to nowhere-- fortunately missing any civilian aircraft.

"YOU ARE ALL PETULANT CHILDREN! You talk about the honor of the Mantles you have taken on, but they would all be ashamed of the actions before me today. ENOUGH!"

The Sandman bellowed, his voice reverberating through the throng.

Whirling to find The Sandman had geoconverted himself, he was facing two beings made of rock, Grunge gritted his teeth and hardened the green energy around himself, using it as armor and enhancing his strength.

"Blow it out of your ass, gas mask."

And he leaped for Sandman with his fists over his head, exerting enough force to shatter stone... at least, any stone other than Braggock.

Snakes of flame burst forth from his aura, writhing and sidewinding through the air after Grunge. They moved independently of Braggock, seeking to entangle the other.

The snakes of flame caught Grunge in mid-air, most of them sizzling ineffectively against his improvised emerald force-aura, but there were flames that burned yellow and ripped through his shield, flickering against his shirtless skin and causing him to roar in pain, to land badly, his shield dissipating-- though, to his credit and the credit of his trainers, he rolled with the landing, managed to get up on one knee...

Even as he did this, Braggock waded in with all his mass and strength, hurling a brutal front kick at the Mean Man.

His Teen Lantern energy had been expended, but Grunge reacted instinctively, blocking the kick with two upheld palms...

...of course, for any normal person, that would only mean he would get kicked through the base of The Space Needle and reduced to pulp, but Grunge absorbed the substance of Braggock's geodermis on contact, instantly morphing into the same fiery obsidian that composed Braggock's form.

"My turn," he snarled, grabbing Brag's ankle and twisting, hoping to flip the giant rock-man in midair and force him to face plant on the pavement.
 
Last edited:
Green Party.

He knew better than to shove Renegade out of the way, she/he had proved to be quite competent to handle situations, the incoming energy construct did give him an idea. Garfield shimmered and latched on to the paving stones aimed at Renegade in the form of a colony of jade colored fleas. Using these missiles as foothold, the fleas launch themselves away from Renegade, who might decide to shoot the stones.

Garfield pops up beside Teen Lantern, "Now why did you do that? What did I ever do to you which would make you want to attack me? Can't we be friends? You know, you give me your autograph on a nice white lab coat, we go have pizza and a milkshake, laugh about all this sillyness and then go for a swim?"

Jessica stared at him for a moment-- that actually-- sounded nice? "...lab coat?" she mumbled, bewildered.

He refocused on Teen Lantern and stuck out his hand, "How about a truce hey?"

But then her eyes, too, swam back into focus, and the one behind the Lantern symbol on the left side of her face seemed to sizzle and spark.

"No. We tried a truce! You guys need to go down!"

And instead of meeting his green hand with a handshake, she met it with a massive green fist exploding out of her Ring with the force of a runaway city bus...
 
Up and Atom.

The Atom? Thea went straight up with all her new strength and agility. No fancy attack plan, just duck and move. She had her own reservations in this fight, but the Titans weren't helping. They were usually more level headed. Bat red was a planner. He was acting more like Roy or even Thea herself. So not right.

Ray kept on her.

He didn't have her speed or her reflexes, her senses or her instinct, and he certainly didn't have the benefit of her years of experience or the direct training of the legendary Ted Grant.

But he was smart, superhumanly smart, and he'd been trained by Red Robin (now Batman "Red") to use that intelligence like a chessmaster, planning moves in advance...

...and he had the ability to use the dwarfmatter in his suit to give him superhuman mass even at normal size, making him strong, making him tough...

...he lashed a sidekick out for her midsection, trying to wind her so that he could land a combo...
 
Ultra. Speed.

She started vibrating at different frequencies and ran right at Silver Bullet, Phasing through him but solidifying her heel for a fraction of a second inside his calf to sever his Achilles tendon. It would put him out of the fight for the foreseeable future until his accelerated healing knitted it back together. By then of course the battle would probably be over.

Silver Bullet was still a rookie, relatively speaking. But he had taken to The Speed Force like a duck to water-- like a prodigy. The fact that he had already instinctively developed the ability to form a suit out of The Speed Force was an indicator that he had massive promise.

When Carin came at him in full vibration trying to take out his leg-tendons-- an injury that would take him out for hours at the very least --rather than letting her pass through him he wheeled aside like a matador, braking hard before he could whip around and go back after her.

Ignoring Wally for now she continued on towards Red Batman, plucking the Batarang he had thrown towards Batman out of the air and placing it behind him and then grabbing the bullet Red arrow had fired and placing it behind his right shoulder.

Speed. Rebel hurled herself at the Batguy on the Titans' side. Full speed. She planned to grab him at speed, shift to strength and hurl him airborne, shift to flash vision and pulse hit Red arrow's pistol and then go tough because she knew Superboy would catch her for not using her speed for so long.

Here was where teamwork would have come in handy.

Velocity placed Batman Red's batarang behind him to fly at him and hit him-- but Rebel threw Batman Red high into the air before he could react-- so the batarang just continued to slice towards Batman (Blue?)-- albeit with further to travel and more time for the newer Batman to counter.

Batman Red himself, meanwhile, high in the air-- hit the control to retract his cape, sprout wing-fins from under his arms, and fire the jets in his boots, flying back down into the fray-- peppering Batman with a hail of bladed dart-sized Bat-shuriken.

Silver Bullet, meanwhile, decided to intervene in Velocity's shenanigans. "Shot in the back? Not cool, bro." He grabbed Red Arrow's bullet before it drilled Roy in the shoulder, and moved it again-- right in front of Green Arrow.

Though, to Hiro's credit, he made sure to line the bullet up with Connor's bowstring rather than his body, aiming to snap the line and keep Connor from firing back at Roy anytime quickly.

Wally did not like being ignored, and he gritted his teeth as he kept after Velocity like a Kid possessed. (Which, of course, might not be so far from the truth?)

Rushing back at him she continued to vibrate at different frequencies ready to launch a punch at him.

When Carin rounded about to come back at Wally, Kid Flash made like he was going to meet her head-on...

...and then slammed his fist straight downward in a short-range version of the supersonic punch that Silver Bullet had practically made a signature move...

...punching the pavement with enough force to pop Velocity up into the air, hopefully taking her off-balance to be smacked down...

And that's when Rebel's flash vision hit Red Arrow's gun, forcing him to yell out in pain and drop the superheated sidearm... he dove and rolled, coming up on one knee and hurling a hail of throwing-daggers at Connor.

And that's when Superboy, having been momentarily slowed down by Sandman's dream-fog, came at Rebel with a guttural grrrrowl, aiming a full-force flying knee at the center of her chest.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top