The Tomorrow People

zydrate

Sweet Zydrate
Although it only lasted one season (sadly) I was wondering if anyone has seen this show? It's on Netflix, fyi, so if you want to catch it there, please do! I personally think it's a great show...or it was a great show.

So, the premise is (thanks to wiki because it's a lot to type out and they're more clear than what I could be able to explain):

The Tomorrow People are humans who, as a result of evolutionary development, have become early instances of the next state of human evolution - homo superior. However, while they are early examples of their particular human subspecies, they are not the first such generation to have developed such abilities- currently, the oldest homo superior appear to have started to emerge thirty to forty years ago and exist across the world. As a consequence of their "breaking out" of the limitations of their pre-telepath developmental phase in young adulthood, they develop psionic abilities (the "three T's" - Telepathy, Teleportation, and Telekinesis. A fourth T ability featured in the series is Temporal Manipulation). The series focuses on Stephen Jameson, a newly-emergent member of the Tomorrow People, as was his father who, as the most powerful of the Tomorrow People, disappeared years before the current events in the series, trying to find a place where they could live safely. The Tomorrow People are hunted by Ultra, an anti-telepath genetic cleansing organization that uses Tomorrow People to hunt down others and neutralize, or kill, them; their headquarters are designed to neutralize the powers of Tomorrow People, although Stephen seems resistant to its effects. Outside Ultra, their parents, and their loved ones, the existence of the Tomorrow People is unknown to the general public, as they fear greater persecution. Consequently, they spend much of their time in the Lair, a subterranean base of operations beneath the streets of Manhattan.

So, yes, you don't have to be a follower of the show but just know the basics of the three Ts.

I think this would be a great role play idea and would like interest in both the Tomorrow People and Ultra. We can even give them different names for the sake of Ultra reminds me of The Avengers...

Let me know and we can try something. I've been dying to write lately.

Thanks! :)

I. Loved. That. Show. So. Much.

I'd love to join. What exactly do you have in mind? Would we be interacting with/controlling characters from the show, or would we have our own characters? Maybe we could be a different group that isn't located in New York? I really shouldn't join anything new, but this is just such a perfect idea to me.

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Well, I don't have anything planned out to exact specifications. I want the writers to guide the story. But initial ideas will be posted soon on ways we could go.

But, I like what you say about where it's to take place. I would say one of two places. "Los Angeles" or "Las Vegas". Or, if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

Characters: Original characters would work a lot better. Maybe a mention of the other characters every now and then.

Any other thoughts or interest then post them here!

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Well, I don't have anything planned out to exact specifications. I want the writers to guide the story. But initial ideas will be posted soon on ways we could go.

But, I like what you say about where it's to take place. I would say one of two places. "Los Angeles" or "Las Vegas". Or, if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

Characters: Original characters would work a lot better. Maybe a mention of the other characters every now and then.

Any other thoughts or interest then post them here!

I think either location would be fun, but I'm leaning towards L.A.
As for the story it would probably work just like in the show. We're basically running from Ultra the entire time. But would there already be a group hiding somewhere, or would we all be relatively new to our powers and band together?

I think either location would be fun, but I'm leaning towards L.A.
As for the story it would probably work just like in the show. We're basically running from Ultra the entire time. But would there already be a group hiding somewhere, or would we all be relatively new to our powers and band together?

I like LA as well since I know that city better than LV. I would say to give the RP more substance, it would be something starting out. Perhaps rename Ultra to something else, because seriously, Ultra is too Avengers-ish.. but it can stay Ultra :D

I can't tell you how glad i am about this idea. I have gone over and over the movie again ever since you posted this.
So let me get this straight.
Original characters, but not original storyline or events. Right?

I can't tell you how glad i am about this idea. I have gone over and over the movie again ever since you posted this.
So let me get this straight.
Original characters, but not original storyline or events. Right?

yeah, I just think that would be more interesting....that way, should someone join and is not familiar with the show, they won't be totally lost...

yeah, I just think that would be more interesting....that way, should someone join and is not familiar with the show, they won't be totally lost...

Don't agree yet.
If i'm playing say Stephen, my dad won't be in Limbo because we are not following events right.
A character playing Cara won't have to say no to Stephen like in the movie's and Hilliary won't have to commit suicide. Right?

Don't agree yet.
If i'm playing say Stephen, my dad won't be in Limbo because we are not following events right.
A character playing Cara won't have to say no to Stephen like in the movie's and Hilliary won't have to commit suicide. Right?

True, but the idea is to be original and not copy it right down to the core. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Two of us already agree that it's a lot better to do something original than something from the show. It's a premise, not continuing due to the fact that should someone enter they won't have to be familiar with the show but just understand the powers.

My vote is still for original characters. Pretty much the only similarity to the show will be the powers. And I'm also going to vote no super supers. So no one like Stephen and his dad, no time freezing or limbo stuff, and no killing, just the normal basic powers.

As for ultra how about we use a different Greek letter (ultra is Greek right lol?) so the L.A. branch could be omega or delta or something. Maybe someone should play the guy in charge of (insert bad guys' name here) while everyone else plays as a tomorrow person. Stalzyn you like to play bad guys, so maybe you could jump in there?

I also agree that we shouldn't have a group established yet. Or if we do it should be very small with only three or four people (depending on who joins)

Also for my character I'm thinking early twenties and homeless. That's all I've for so far lol.

As for ultra how about we use a different Greek letter (ultra is Greek right lol?) so the L.A. branch could be omega or delta or something. Maybe someone should play the guy in charge of (insert bad guys' name here) while everyone else plays as a tomorrow person. Stalzyn you like to play bad guys, so maybe you could jump in there?

I also agree that we shouldn't have a group established yet. Or if we do it should be very small with only three or four people (depending on who joins)

Also for my character I'm thinking early twenties and homeless. That's all I've for so far lol.[/QUOTE]

I like your idea Othermoose. I surely can play the bad guy. If and only if i have a female companion. Lol. I don't know if Zydrate can play double characters.
Also i'll take Omega.
Oh and talking about originality. Their should be betrayal, disappoinments, deaths as well as other significant things like defeat, deceit etc which every good guys in most rps have seen always refuse to accept.
Then i'll play the bad guy.

I agree that we need lots of female characters and lots of twists and turns for the plot. I hope this role play makes it, it's a really great idea.

Well, I can play up to three more females..but yeah, I think we're going to need more females.

I don't have much going on in the SRPs so I can manage to write a few characters here. I'm going to try to and get a starter out this weekend. I was feeling all gung ho but...ehh.. lol

OK, for bios, let's do basics:

Character Bio:

Name:
Stats: (pictures and/or description--include age and sex (yes please? hehe), no I mean sex as if male or female)

Description (include the age you found out about your powers, which include teleportation, telekinesis, and telepathy. Just a hint would be that each power came on little by little. It all didn't happen in one day.)

Key points to think about/include:
What made you run?
How did you feel when you had to leave your family?
Did you have a family?
How did you discover others that had the same powers as you?
And of course, what ever else you can think of. You don't have to disclose EVERYTHING, just enough to get an idea of who you are.

Let's post this here and I'll link it in the main thread.
All questions and concerns can go here... so far, there are 3 of us (not bad, yay) with me playing several females... Let's start small and then see where we can take it from there.

What's the limit on offensive use of our powers? I know we're not allowed to kill anyone, but how close can we get to that line? If someone was brain dead or crippled, they wouldn't be dead. So can we break bones, or maybe erase someone's mind with telepathy? Or teleport someone high enough in the air to break bones, but not high enough that the fall would kill them?

The reasons I ask is because I'm thinking of my character being a sort of "super villain". Basically a kid who robs banks and uses his powers to get whatever he wants. With that sort of mindset I figured he'd beat the shit out of some people, I just want to know the extent of the beatings lol.

What's the limit on offensive use of our powers? I know we're not allowed to kill anyone, but how close can we get to that line? If someone was brain dead or crippled, they wouldn't be dead. So can we break bones, or maybe erase someone's mind with telepathy? Or teleport someone high enough in the air to break bones, but not high enough that the fall would kill them?

The reasons I ask is because I'm thinking of my character being a sort of "super villain". Basically a kid who robs banks and uses his powers to get whatever he wants. With that sort of mindset I figured he'd beat the shit out of some people, I just want to know the extent of the beatings lol.

Yeah that's a very strong point. Most members of Ultra sorry i mean Alpha lol, are humans and in such a battle between this homo superios they can be greatly underestimated.

sorry all, a lot going on that I didn't expect to happen this week. I will definitely get something up this weekend (hopefully tonight)

:eek:

We don't kill.

Yes, we can injure
No we can't erase minds. Alpha is the only one who can do that with their drugs.

I would say, let's not think about killing right now, maybe only killing NPCs that you create, not someone else's NPC unless they say you can kill that NPC. The aftermath of what happens would be mostly up to the situation we were in. We are only after other Tomorrow people and vice versa. We'd never kill a human. As for teleporting with another Tomorrow person, then I've seen them teleport themselves out of harms way (just in time of course) using their own powers. For now, let's work up to building our strength and see where it goes from there?

I'm really excited about this.
I've lots of sinister plans laid out for Alpha. You guys will really need a computer like TIM cos their will be special agents, double agents/spy, insane projects like the creation of anti-teleporting gas that when released into the atmosphere spreads to every city in the mapped lands and ofcourse render your kind teleportless. Lol
Ofcourse you'll be there to stop me as usual. Lol

I'm really excited about this.
I've lots of sinister plans laid out for Alpha. You guys will really need a computer like TIM cos their will be special agents, double agents/spy, insane projects like the creation of anti-teleporting gas that when released into the atmosphere spreads to every city in the mapped lands and ofcourse render your kind teleportless. Lol
Ofcourse you'll be there to stop me as usual. Lol

That all sounds pretty fun. But I don't think we'd have a super computer. It just seems like something we couldn't get out hands on.

Also I have an alpha agent planned in addition to my tomorrow person. I figured you'd be more of the director dude who runs things from the office, and my dude would be sort of a field general.

All sounds good. I'm currently working on my bio right now, which I will have up in a few... then I will be posting the intro...

Since I'm the only female so far, I'm going to have a lot of characters :D

Main Character: Sara Travis

Name: Sara Travis
Stats: 5'5", 120 lbs.
Looks: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8e/94/7c/8e947c0768127a06592c0b5a4ffd1397.jpg

Background: It all started out as a normal life for Sara. The perfect family, wealthy to boot, and living in a good neighborhood. She was a daddy's girl..well, it wasn't that hard to be seeing as how she was an only child. Then, at the age of 15, Sara started to notice something was wrong with her. She could hear other people's thoughts. At first, it was a little at a time, then, after a few months, she started to hear more and more. Her parents were worried about her and took her to several doctors, fearing their child was going crazy. Sara never told them about being able to hear the voices... All they knew is that their little girl was starting to close in on herself. Refusing to go to family functions and then after a while, going to school.

One day, while home alone, Sara was coming down the stairs of her home and suddenly lost her footing and started to fall. She wasn't sure how it happened but as she started to fall, she guided herself to not fall and some how ended up in the backyard swimming pool.

After a year or two, and on plenty of meds, she was able to return to somewhat of a normal life. She had never told anyone about being able to go from one place to another. Although she had only tried it a couple of times, she preferred not to practice it seeing as how she never really ended up where she intended.

Then, one day...they showed up. Some men in uniforms...almost reminded her of Men in Black. They had on suits and looked very official. They spoke with her parents and told them that they were there on Sara's behalf. They told them that Sara had been caught stealing some items from a high end jewelry store and selling them for drugs.

Lies, it was all lies of course. Although they were doubtful, they still turned Sara over to the men.

As much as Sara protested, her parents didn't want a scandal on their hands. She was guided into a dark SUV with tinted windows and they drove away with Sara in tow. Either the men were new at their job, or didn't realize that Sara was stronger than she had realized, but she was able to get away by teleporting away.

She had been on the run ever since. Her first thought was to go back to her parents but knew that was the first place they would look for her. So since, she had been running. Surviving on her own. Now at the age of 22, she had found a few others like her. Learned a little each day. But she never stayed in one place for long. Not since finding out that the people that tried to get her where from an organization called Alpha.

Rumor had it that Alpha hunted people like Sara...or as they liked to call people like her, Tomorrow People.

(leaving some blank spaces for story development)

Name: Anthony Mars
Description: will probably post pic tommorrow.
History: Anthony is the director of an international Organisation called Alpha. On the outside, Alpha is a scientific research development and technological institution who has the highest amount of electronic products in the market and worth three times of sony in standard and international values.
But...
In the inside, Alpha is an organisation set to secretly battle the monstes that have plagued our world. The tommorrow people, humans with hightened and upgraded genes. Humans that have evolved too soon. The homo superios, who as Anthony fears will only use their powers to intimidate the homo sapiens. He's a man currently running for the senate and thus a very influential personality.
Using funds from the outside Alpha demeanour, Anthony hires tommorrow people, train agents and invent machines that can put an end to the abominations of nature.
Will add more as story unfolds.

Last edited:
Main Character

Name: Lucas Mars Jerry
Description: Will post pic tommorrow.
History: At age ten in an orphanage, Lucas discovered his first ability, to teleport, when he was pushed by a bullying kid off the balcony. Lucas instead of hitting the hard tarred street road, appeared inside a nun's wardrobe.
Anthony who had been researching then came upon the lad and adopted him as his son. Anthony thought him how to use his abilities, made him stronger and eventually made him kill.
Currently, Lucas Jerry Mars is the second in command of Alpha and in charge of training and operations.
Will keep their bio short but as story progresses will come back to add to it.

Back