Women's fantasies - what turns you on?

FrankenCluster

Experienced
Joined
Apr 11, 2015
Posts
36
I am looking for good research material on what women fantasize about... how they think about sex and men when they think about it. It seems to me many women are very guarded about this. And on Literotica I have trouble finding porn written by women to show this as well.

If anyone has any good places to check out let me know please.
 
I am looking for good research material on what women fantasize about... how they think about sex and men when they think about it. It seems to me many women are very guarded about this. And on Literotica I have trouble finding porn written by women to show this as well.

If anyone has any good places to check out let me know please.

Masters & Johnson or Hite come to mind
 
Check the How to and fetish forums, there are a lot of discussions of what women want/like

The fetish forum is more sexual and the How to has some fairly serious discussion about women and their likes, issues....

Either that or just do what I do and wing it:D
 
l fantasize about him coming up behind me when lm doing my makeup...washing my hands or picking out my sexy panties and he puts his arms around my waist and kisses my shoulders...and nibbles neck...whispers naughty thoughts in my ear.....
 
Try doing a Yahoo or Google search

There are plenty of articles & research about that very subject.
 
ShaeLee Tanner writes nothing but women's fantasies, most her own. I checked her out and she's very good.
 
Nancy Friday remains the top source on women's fantasies, although she wrote her ground-breaking The Secret Garden many years ago. (On Mumsnet I once accidentally called it: The Night Garden, in a sleep-deprived haze. How the mums howled with laughter at the thought of Iggle Piggle and Makka Pakka as erotic literature!) It's a sexy read. (ETA - I mean The Secret Garden! In the Night Garden is not a bit sexy, LOL - unless you are really very odd in your sexual preferences.)

Bear in mind Freud's silly question: "What do women want?" Nobody asks what men want. Men want a new jumper or a promotion or to go to the football or it to be sunny today or cornflakes for breakfast.

Like men, women have widely variable desires, even though marketing gurus would like us to just want the things they want to sell us. One woman's thrill-inducing rough persuasion is another woman's non-consensual turn-off. The main problem is that society (marketing) is very down on women admitting we want anything sexual at all. They want us to sublimate it and enjoy food porn, 50 Shades of Exciting Nail Varnish, etc as those things make money but having great sex with a bloke can often be had tax-free. What's the use of that for the economy!

There are a lot of reviews of stories by women on my blog. Maybe those might help you get a sense of what women enjoy when we do write and talk about sex? And the reviews are by me, I am a woman!
:)
 
Thanks NaokoSmith. Will check it out.

I have done some searches on women's fantasies and I am familiar with the more well known fantasies.. but what I guess interests me more is the details. The little things that turn women on..

Like for guys we see the little things that turns guys on by watching male porn. But we don't get to see that in porn because women's desires are so underrepresented.
 
Bad boys.

Its not just a cliche, many women have a thing for bad ass bad boys. Especially women who were raised to stay away from them.

Bad attitude, temper, air of danger....

But of course not dangerous to us, just everyone else:D
 
Chocolate and men not asking, "Did you come yet?"

That's a broad brush you're painting with....

I like Strawberries.

As for the did you come yet? You're making an incorrect assumption most men care whether she does or not.
 
I do notice that there's a general discomfort with the raunchier spectrum of female fantasy. For the longest time it was assumed (by many people, anyway) The Story of O had to have been written by a man, because it was too full of raunch and devoid of sentimentalism. That speaks volumes about what women are assumed to want / told they should want right there.
 
Last edited:
Women's fantasies? Just go sit in the doctor's (dentist's?) waiting room and leaf through the mountains of women's mags you'll find there... from my experience you'll have a lot of time to read up in the agony columns, and then when it comes your turn to go in, your ache will have mysteriously disappeared...
 
Women's fantasies? Just go sit in the doctor's (dentist's?) waiting room and leaf through the mountains of women's mags you'll find there... from my experience you'll have a lot of time to read up in the agony columns, and then when it comes your turn to go in, your ache will have mysteriously disappeared...

Yup, cosmo has about 20 knew sex secrets YOU MUST KNOW in every issue:rolleyes:

Some of those I swear are written by men.
 
Wouldn't the porn being written by women be enough of a clue to what they're fantasizing about?

Probably, I think this is a fishing thread, he's hoping some women will come here and talk dirty for him.

Should have posted this in the personals so all the guys pretending to be women can post all types of "hot" answers and show pictures of their ex girlfriends tits and say they belong to them.
 
It's kind of a problem how "fantasies" is an overly-broad term. Some people hear that word and they think you mean some really specific sexual position, partner, costume, etc. I don't know whether it's more of a male thing to be aroused by those very specific "snapshots" which are usually closely related to everyday life, but they don't do much for me. I like romance novels (science fiction, fantasy, or historical, anything but a modern/realistic setting, ew.) Not that I have anything against sex, I prefer the steamier romance novels. But sex without a story context doesn't really arouse me, regardless of what people, positions, costumes, or fetishes are involved. The only time I find pictures arousing is when the picture conveys an appealing story.

The reason I like romance novels is not because of what the heroes look like, because sadly they're usually not my type (slender, long hair, no facial hair). I like romance novels because of the themes: mate selection, reproduction (especially in the context of bloodlines, inheritance, hybridization, creating families/homes, and enjoying parenthood), emotional vulnerability, trust and loyalty, etc. I also like romance novels for the character archetypes - idealized men with personalities that aren't as alien and annoying to women as real men tend to have, and more eloquent and fashionable than real men tend to be, not to mention not being trapped between being broke or working a job they hate, like most of the real men I know tend to be.
 
Anais Nin's Delta of Venus and Little Birds. Although she wrote mainly for a male audience, it's often unmistakably a woman's point of view.
 
Probably, I think this is a fishing thread, he's hoping some women will come here and talk dirty for him.

Should have posted this in the personals so all the guys pretending to be women can post all types of "hot" answers and show pictures of their ex girlfriends tits and say they belong to them.

Wow! Paranoia is rampant... lol

You mean I want to get turned on by women's sexuality? OF course I do.. but that wasn't the ONLY reason I asked this question.

I want to know how women think.. other places I have tried to understand this they don't want to get into it.. I thought here of all places might be the place to get those answers...
 
Back
Top