The New Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then all of a sudden, I realized the word "surrender" has taken on new meaning and depth in my life. It was a startling and stern reminder that thinking and learning really don't happen at the same time. While thinking is a projective, creative and comfy room to play, learning is at its core about listening and receptive and it is the place I truly need to spend more time in.

I am so profoundly grateful to be learning so much about just how much I still need to grow and heal. Gratitude of this depth feels like falling in love all over again, so please forgive the persistent swoon I'll likely be stuck in for a bit.

:heart:

:heart::rose::heart:

So happy for you lovely lady.

Going back home alone today. The drive always makes me nostalgic. I thought about how reckless I used to be, and wondered about how I made it to this point in my life.

Things were not the best in that place. Coming home and talking to Mister was really amazing. He neutralized my headspace in no time.

:rose:

And then all of a sudden, I realized the word "surrender" has taken on new meaning and depth in my life. It was a startling and stern reminder that thinking and learning really don't happen at the same time. While thinking is a projective, creative and comfy room to play, learning is at its core about listening and receptive and it is the place I truly need to spend more time in.

I am so profoundly grateful to be learning so much about just how much I still need to grow and heal. Gratitude of this depth feels like falling in love all over again, so please forgive the persistent swoon I'll likely be stuck in for a bit.

:heart:
Swooning is good.
I'm happy for you!

Going back home alone today. The drive always makes me nostalgic. I thought about how reckless I used to be, and wondered about how I made it to this point in my life.

Things were not the best in that place. Coming home and talking to Mister was really amazing. He neutralized my headspace in no time.

:rose:

Glad you are back where you belong :)

My blurt:
Finlandian nachos!! Nom nom nom! :D

:rose: Me too.

What are Finlandian nachos? :confused:

With my limited experience, I can't help but infer that this has something to do with vodka. :eek:

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo-1.png

Oh, you're in for a treat! Since your first language is English, picking up Swedish is very easy and I imgine Norwegian is the same. Icelandic is more like German, and Danish would be a little more difficult, simply because it just sounds like a string of strange vowels and some throat action. If you know Swedish or Norwegian, it's easy to read it though. :)

No, no!
Danish is easy!
Just learn Norwegian, then stuff two potatoes in your mouth.
:D

No, no!
Danish is easy!
Just learn Norwegian, then stuff two potatoes in your mouth.

Or learn Swedish and amputate half of your tongue. That still doesn't make understanding spoken Danish any easier, though. ;)

And don't get me started on the numbers. "one and eight-and-a-half-times-twenty-divided-by-two" or something like that... Geez!

This sounds fascinating, one must be a mathematician to count in Danish? I like to see G pause in the nineties for a moment in French. :devil:.

I may have exaggerated a bit in my description. :)

50 in Danish is "half of third (twenty)". They also say ones before tens, like Germans.

So 53 would be "three and half of third". It does get confusing.

Ah, I sort of remember a Seela type looking at food ...this is where I wish my memory was better. In Brussels they had a flavour of potato chip I cannot remember what it was but I only saw in there. It was nice, and I am not a huge potato chip fan.

Maybe sometime I will get the train to Brussels to check out the chips?

Not that kind of crisp, just a rye chip. Still yummy :)

I may have exaggerated a bit in my description. :)

50 in Danish is "half of third (twenty)". They also say ones before tens, like Germans.

So 53 would be "three and half of third". It does get confusing.
I just hand over the money.

I have no German but for ( phonetic....) daas est mine tochter. ( and, I have no daughter!). I suppose if I rummage really hard I could find a little...um, kristallnacht :eek:, Eins, vrei, drei? Actually, thinking hard I think I could possibly get to ten phonetically ..... Um. Verboten?

:rolleyes::eek:

Edit: autobahn!

Well, if you can say Autobahn, you need to learn Stau too.:D

Yup, Danish numbers are a bit........ Fucked up.

It is a mix of base ten, base twenty and some really old words for fractions.
For some reason, people really liked the "score" for counting, but the dozen was not really used for counting.... But quite a bit for trading.

10, ti, thats along tio, zehn and ten.

20, tyve, comes from "two times ten". Like twenty, zwanzig.... And the Swedes got along the same lines https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/tjugo

30, tredive, "three times ten"

Everything is fine so far....

40, fyrre, elder Danish "fyrretyve", it actually is derived from "four times ten" just like forty and vierzig.

And now the fun begins!

50, halvtreds, elder Danish "halvtredsindstyve", "halvtredje sinds tyve" meaning " a half less than three, times twenty".

60, treds, tredsindstyve, three times twenty.

70, halvfjerds, halvfjerdsindstyve, a half less than four times twenty.

80, firs, firsindstyve, four times twenty

90, halvfems, halvfemsindstyve, that's right! 4,5*20

We just keep them to disturb foreigners.
They are just words after all.

Last edited:
Yup, Danish numbers are a bit........ Fucked up.

It is a mix of base ten, base twenty and some really old words for fractions.
For some reason, people really liked the "score" for counting, but the dozen was not really used for counting.... But quite a bit for trading.

10, ti, thats along tio, zehn and ten.

20, tyve, comes from "two times ten". Like twenty, zwanzig.... And the Swedes got along the same lines https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/tjugo

30, tredive, "three times ten"

Everything is fine so far....

40, fyrre, elder Danish "fyrretyve", it actually is derived from "four times ten" just like forty and vierzig.

And now the fun begins!

50, halvtreds, elder Danish "halvtredsindstyve", "halvtredje sinds tyve" meaning " a half less than three, times twenty".

60, treds, tredsindstyve, three times twenty.

70, halvfjerds, halvfjerdsindstyve, a half less than four times twenty.

80, firs, firsindstyve, four times twenty

90, halvfems, halvfemsindstyve, that's right! 4,5*20

We just keep them to disturb foreigners.
They are just words after all.

:eek:

Now I'm just really glad I was explained that the 50, 70 and 90 are "half of the third/fourth/fifth twenty".

Here 11-19 are literally "one of the second, two of the second" etc, so the concept of "half of the third" is conceivable to me. Calculating 4,5*20...not so. :)

Thank you Hans Jørgen, wherever you now may be!

Crosses Denmark of list to go without someone who understands it with me.

Don't worry.

Most Danes are pretty good at speaking English.
(The accent is often horrible, but it works)

After the last reform, the kids are taught English from first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back