Most Played On Your Playlist

K

KindofHere

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot listen to individual songs, being an old school "album" buyer, so when I get something new it might get played a couple of times a week for a few months and then get put on a slow rotation back-burner. Then it might be years before I play it again. I've been trawling through my LP collection the last six months, some of which I've not heard for a decade. So much good music, sitting on a shelf.

Donizetti
Rossini
Offenbach

and not just the well-known works.

Heh! If I posted my top 10 most played, anyone I’ve ever met or befriended over the years would immediately know who I am IRL ;)

Looking at my Top 25 Most Played list, they are all jazz tracks. Slightly to my surprise, the number one spot is occupied by David Benoit with Never Can Say Goodbye.

Today’s music ain’t got the same soul.... I like that ol’ time Rockn Roll.

However, I’m diversified enough to listen to Techno-industrial, Death Metal, Gothic/Doom, Thrash Metal, Retro 80’s, Grunge, Disco, 80’s hair bands, even outlaw country and southern rock, etc. Still, a bulk of my music comes from the 60’s & 70’s thanks to my parents. 🌹Kant👠👠👠

I've been getting ready to write for the last three hours :rolleyes: and while I know exactly what I'm going to write, I haven't put anything down.

One of the things I decided to do was reset the plays on my iTunes and I was looking at my top ten and I wrote it down, because that's productive. What do you guys listen to the most?

Blood Meridian, Chapter 4 - 378 plays - added 09/22/16 (30 minutes long about, I have fallen asleep while listening to this chapter on repeat.)

Shake It Out - Florence & The Machines - 376 plays - added 12/13/11

Zombie - The Cranberries - 308 plays - added 02/10/15

Dreaming - Blondie - 304 plays - added 08/19/14

American Psycho, Chapter 44: Tries to Cook and Eat Girl - 301 plays - added 03/26/17 (I must have left this on repeat on accident, it's only 6min/40sec long)

Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carolina Liar - 284 plays - added 12/13/11

Plowed - Sponge - 284 plays - added 12/13/11

Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey - 272 plays - added 02/23/15

Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups - 259 plays - added 03/21/13

Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger - 216 plays - added 12/13/11

Ha! There are more than a few hear I love. I currently have about 5 TB of digital music. I don’t use ITunes because most of my listening is at work or home on Winamp. I’ve had poor luck with iPods and will never buy another. I only load songs on my iPhone for my morning alarm. I alternate between “age of consent,” by New Order, “Ace of Spades,” by mōtorhead and “headbanger,” by teenage bottle rocket.

Stuff I listen to: lots of metal. Anything heavy usually appeals to me. Metal is my own thing. Classic rock: From my parents. Classic country: Again my parents. New wave/alternative: girlfriends. Alt/outlaw country: my own discovery.

I love listening to something I’ve never heard before. It’s fun.

I've been getting ready to write for the last three hours :rolleyes: and while I know exactly what I'm going to write, I haven't put anything down.

One of the things I decided to do was reset the plays on my iTunes and I was looking at my top ten and I wrote it down, because that's productive. What do you guys listen to the most?

Blood Meridian, Chapter 4 - 378 plays - added 09/22/16 (30 minutes long about, I have fallen asleep while listening to this chapter on repeat.)

Shake It Out - Florence & The Machines - 376 plays - added 12/13/11

Zombie - The Cranberries - 308 plays - added 02/10/15

Dreaming - Blondie - 304 plays - added 08/19/14

American Psycho, Chapter 44: Tries to Cook and Eat Girl - 301 plays - added 03/26/17 (I must have left this on repeat on accident, it's only 6min/40sec long)

Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carolina Liar - 284 plays - added 12/13/11

Plowed - Sponge - 284 plays - added 12/13/11

Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey - 272 plays - added 02/23/15

Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups - 259 plays - added 03/21/13

Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger - 216 plays - added 12/13/11

I listen to albums on my commute (75 minutes each way). When I get to work I listen to playlists made on Spotify. I have about a half dozen made and more in the works. My playlists are thematically arranged: 80s, 90s, classic rock, funk, latin, high energy, slow songs, obscure songs, favorite songs, and Bowie. Guess that's more than a half dozen.

Three songs on your list show up on mine: Lazy Eye, Flagpole Sitta, and Zombie.

Lately:

Pride And Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Creep - Radiohead

Maria Maria - Santana

Smooth - Santana and Rob Thomas

Fuckin' Perfect - Pink

Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard

Honky Tonk Woman - Rolling Stones

Meant To Be - Bebe Rexha

I looked at my top 10 playlist and realized that for the last month the majority of the music has been k-pop and most of it has been....

https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjkTGoxKoV1GLrVDYXBPgWnLX6qpg_D3Rq8PBRVZaOqmIGUsrz

BlackPink - Sure Thing (english-language cover)

BlackPink - Playing With Fire - another story idea

BlackPink - Loser

BigBang - Loser

BlackPink - Whistle

BlackPink - Stay

Mamamoo - Starry Night - the most amazing scenery in a music clip ever

CLC - Black Dress - writing a story from this one

Johnny Cash - One - I love his voice

Chris Rea - The Road to Hell - I love the motorcycles in this clip

Katy Perry - The One That Got Away - this one's for you, ElectricBlue. There's a story here somewhere, I keep thinking about this one.

There's a lot more but that's more or less the top ones

A lot of Neue Deutsche Härte: Umbra et Imago, Eisbrecher, Rammstein, Spielbann, and an excessive quantity of ASP. "Viva Vulva" makes good mood music for writing smut :)

A lot of dark ambient from Cryo Chamber when I need something less intrusive. Their Lovecraft-themed collaborations are a favourite.

A bit of Marina and the Diamonds, Garbage, Gary Numan, Tom Waits, David Bowie, Chris Cornell, Darren Korb, Type O Neg, Tom Holkenborg, Johnny Cash, and many others.

Thanks Chloe. Anything with drawing involved has to be good for words, absolutely. The idea keeps bubbling in the back of my mind too.

Yes, I keep making notes. It's a kind of time warp thing where this older guy and a young girl meet and their eyes meet and it's this whole alternative life in a flash and they both experience that and then go their separate ways but they both know what's happened. And the song.....

Back