The Isolated Blurt Thread XVI: The Butthurt Starts Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must be a big part of it. I adore Downey Jr but he sucked, I'm okay on Johannsen but she was just meh. Hemsworth is hot but he wasn't allowed to act really. I was disappointed. I really like Elizabeth Olsen but she sucked as Scarlet Witch. My geek heart was sad.

The way I look at it, it's the first movie with more stuff. And it's better when you watch all of the previous films plus SHIELD in a string so you can appreciate the direction everything's going in.

Even with the flaws, it's really the ultimate comic book movie in many ways.

I really liked Kingsman. I totally wasn't expecting it to be as good as it turned out.

I can't wait until Kingsman comes out on disc. That shit was balls-out fun. Gazelle is a better villain than Ultron in some respects.

Des, I like films not based on comics as well. I'm going to assume you didn't mean to come off as an uppity asshole.

I fell asleep for about an hour through it. I only knew who Capt and IronMan was. Oh and the Hulk but didn't know Bruce Banner was the bio techie guy. I kept wanting to fix thor's hair and brush it out of his face. Clearly, I was bored.

Previews were AntMan. How ridiculous of a comic hero is that? I laughed!

I remember people laughing in the theaters at the first Iron Man trailer way back when. Yup.

Sleep on Marvel Studios properties at your own peril. Just sayin'. ;)

The way I look at it, it's the first movie with more stuff. And it's better when you watch all of the previous films plus SHIELD in a string so you can appreciate the direction everything's going in.

Even with the flaws, it's really the ultimate comic book movie in many ways.

I can't wait until Kingsman comes out on disc. That shit was balls-out fun. Gazelle is a better villain than Ultron in some respects.

Zumi, I have watched them all, I've read all the comics, I watch Agents, I watched Agent Carter, I'm up to speed. I didn't dislike the film because I didn't know who anyone was, I disliked it because it wasn't done as well as I wanted it to be.

Des, I like films not based on comics as well. I'm going to assume you didn't mean to come off as an uppity asshole.

God, no! I can see how it might come across that way - I suppose it's only that those films must be out now so there's lots of talk about them right now! Sorry. I ought to have been clearer

What I meant was, are there any really good, serious, fictional, non-comic films people can recommend because that's what I personally prefer and it in no way means such a preference is better than any other preference?

Sorry for coming across like Lord Snooty. :(

God, no! I can see how it might come across that way - I suppose it's only that those films must be out now so there's lots of talk about them right now! Sorry. I ought to have been clearer

What I meant was, are there any really good, serious, fictional, non-comic films people can recommend because that's what I personally prefer and it in no way means such a preference is better than any other preference?

Has anyone you know seen Maggie yet? I'm intensely curious.

The Age of Adaline reminds me too much of a Nicholas Sparks movie and I'm pretty much not a fan of his books/movies.

And last but not least Woman in Gold, because Helen Mirren

Sorry, I'm no help. I haven't been to the movies since 2000.

Paul Rudd is my secret husband. My soon-to-be husband doesn't know yet but I'm looking forward to AntMan.

And I DO know who the characters were/are. I'm a die hard comic geek.

I admit I went into it thinking it was going to be more awesome Capt/Downey, I hadn't even seen the first one and think I needed to.

Has anyone you know seen Maggie yet? I'm intensely curious.

The Age of Adaline reminds me too much of a Nicholas Sparks movie and I'm pretty much not a fan of his books/movies.

And last but not least Woman in Gold, because Helen Mirren

See, that's perfect, thank you. :rose:I haven't even heard of any of those films. I really need to get out more. :(

Zumi, I have watched them all, I've read all the comics, I watch Agents, I watched Agent Carter, I'm up to speed. I didn't dislike the film because I didn't know who anyone was, I disliked it because it wasn't done as well as I wanted it to be.

Hmmmm...can I ask you what exactly you found not done well?

I mean, I saw the flaws in it as a narrative in a basic sense — it's sprawling and clustered — it has to be for it to work right — but I really can't see it being less than the first one. And I also see it as being a culmination of the direction of all the properties. That's the thing I really like. On top of giving us what we expected if not exactly wanted, I feel the flick as a whole works a lot more than it doesn't work, is what I'm saying.

Your comic book geekness is well understood on my end, trust me! ;)

I admit I went into it thinking it was going to be more awesome Capt/Downey, I hadn't even seen the first one and think I needed to.

How would any group of incredibly smart/brawny superheroes just never think about the fact that Stark is a loose cannon? I mean, it's not the Hulk that's the problem. It's always been a Stark.

To alleviate server load, we're slowly closing down any threads with over 5,000 posts.

The new thread is here (clickie!).

As annoying as this may be, phasing out all or most of the active super-long/never-ending threads will increase the forum speed substantially. If you see a thread that's active with more than 5,000 posts, please feel free to PM me with the link.

Please note that these threads are not being removed - just closed to new posts.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back