Sticky: 2013 Survivor Rules and Registration Thread

How does this work exactly? I am lost

If you want to enter the Survivors' Contest this year, just say so and you will be entered. The contest rules are given in the first post on this thread. If, after reading them, you have any questions, you can ask them here or PM me. :)

I wish to be included

Just two questions.

I understand that if you want to write chapters it has to be 3000 words so does the regular story has that limitations or is it 800 or so? Sorry for this novice question but I'm not sure.

One story is allowed in one category I suppose. If a chapter story is divided in two separate categories can that work?

can anyone inform me where to find the page for the rules for nude day contest?

All theme contest rules will be included on posts in The Authors' Hangout forum. You are too late to enter the Nude Day contest this year, but the thread with the rules should still be there.

Just two questions.

I understand that if you want to write chapters it has to be 3000 words so does the regular story has that limitations or is it 800 or so? Sorry for this novice question but I'm not sure.

One story is allowed in one category I suppose. If a chapter story is divided in two separate categories can that work?

A chapter in a story must be at least 3,000 words to qualify for this contest. For a regular story, the minimum is 750 words, which is the Literotica minimum. The categories in which stories or chapters are posted are determined by Laurel, although you can sometimes get one changed if you think it belongs elsewhere.

Quick question

Generally speaking, how long should one expect to wait between submitting their desire for inclusion in a contest, and the private message saying they are ready to be scored?

I'm new and a little confused.

I understand that the deadline for entering the contest is October 31, 2013. The rules also say the submissions must be posted between 1/2/2012 and 1/1/2013 to be eligible, but it also says submissions made after 12/20/2013 must be clearly marked. Does that mean I am not eligible because I joined too late or are the posting dates in the rules incorrect? If I am eligible to enter, am I correct in assuming I will need to get all of my stories posted by 1/1/2014? Thank you!

I understand that the deadline for entering the contest is October 31, 2013. The rules also say the submissions must be posted between 1/2/2012 and 1/1/2013 to be eligible, but it also says submissions made after 12/20/2013 must be clearly marked. Does that mean I am not eligible because I joined too late or are the posting dates in the rules incorrect? If I am eligible to enter, am I correct in assuming I will need to get all of my stories posted by 1/1/2014? Thank you!

The deadline is correct but, as to the posting dates of stories and poems, I overlooked that when I was editing that post. It should be from 1/2/2013 through 1/1/2014.

You are eligible to enter the contest, but you must specifically say that is what you want to do. Everything posted through 2/1/2014 can count on your score except, if you want credit for entering a story in a theme contest, you must meet the deadline for that specific contest.

Good luck. :)

so you're sending me a PM, right, and that's where I enter my story?

So I will wait for you to PM me, then I enter my story re your instructions, right?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So I will wait for you to PM me, then I enter my story re your instructions, right?
Thanks

No. Assuming you are referring to the Survivors' Contest, just say you want to enter and I will set up a thread for you to post your scorecard, enter your name in the overall scoreboard and send a PM welcoming you. You have a deadline to do so, though.

If you are referring to the Halloween Contest, this is the wrong place. There should be a sticky thread in the Authors' Hangout about that.

Last edited:
I want to be in the Survivor Contest

Yes I want to be in the competition again.

Yes I want to be in the competition again.

You entered in January. You need to add your scorecard to the thread I set up for that purpose. Go to the scoreboard and click on your name, which is one of the last ones listed, and follow the directions to do this.

Better late than Never

I know I'm extremely late to the game but I'm throwing my name in the hat as well. :)

Back