Closed for raiguy

"So was that a no to naked mud twister?" Joss laughed when Trent came back wearing boardshorts. She should have known as he swam by she was going to get dunked but yet again she was surprised to be underwater.

At a whole head shorter then Trent and out weighted by what she was sure was pure muscle Joss shrugged and tried for it anyways. She quietly sunk fully into the water and opened her eyes, she couldn't see anything now but was hoping that she would be able to see something before she ran into him. What kind of something? Her mind giggled even though she knew he was clothed now.

She was right, at the last moment she saw Trent's vague darkened shadow and grabbed his legs and pulled. The objective was to pull him under water but he didn't move as much as Joss had planned so she went to plan B. She surfaced and quickly latched onto Trent's back and tried to put all her weight into pushing him underwater. You could imagine what her 133 lbs was rewarded with, z-i-p.

"Oh come on." Joss struggled. She wrapped her legs around Trent's body and using her legs and her arms on his shoulders she pushed and pushed and got nothing. "Really? Can you touch or something?" That would be her luck to try and dunk a standing man. "Ah, I give up." She sighed letting her body go limp not even bothering to move from his back.
 
Trent smiled and then rotated so that Joss was hanging onto his chest as he started to float, letting her relax while on top of him. Her feet were kicking, helping them both stay afloat.

Trent looked at Joss, then moved a few strands of hair out of her eyes before looking intently into them.

"What are you going to do about your husband? Are you going to divorce him or just put up with it?" Trent asked. He knew that Joss deserved better, and wanted to know if she was going to get better. He sincerely hoped she would say she was divorcing him, but was kind of thinking it wouldn't happen due to some things Joss seemed to be keeping to herself.
 
The human contact was nice and Joss closed her eyes for a second trying to remember the last time she felt like this. She couldn't in the last year and a half. When Trent shifted and moved her to his front her eyes snapped open but she didn't fight it. She let her legs unwrap and helped kick still unsure if Trent could touch and not wanting to be weight he had to hold.

Joss felt herself weaken and she looked away from Trent's intense gaze.

"I don't know." Joss whispered to the night. "I don't believe there is anything more in our relationship but I hate the idea of just giving up. I've never in my life have given up on something or someone and this was the last place I thought I would find myself." She confessed knowing there was a lot that she hadn't said. "I just wish I would have known that this is what it would turn into. If I had known..." She drifted off saying tears coming to her eyes.

"I miss being loved. I miss having someone to talk to and care for. It's a whole bunch of little things that I miss the most. Cooking dinner for someone and eating the meal together. The smell of the other person on the pillow next to you. A warm body to hug when you need it." She wasn't meaning to get so emotional about it but tonight was hard in the way that she used to have fun like this all the time and now didn't have anything to look forward to in regards to her husband. Joss stopped kicking and hugged Trent tightly needing someone to hold on to. "I miss being happy." She choked trying to swallow the sob.

Joss wasn't big on letting her emotions get the better of her and she sure as hell wasn't a crier. Yet here she was pouring out her life story and all the woes of it to a stranger while she cried and clung to him like a scared kitten. Maybe it was Trent's fault. He was in a similar situation with his wife, he was kind and caring and he didn't have to be with someone he just met tonight. She couldn't imagine him having a mean bone in his body. And his body... Still in the gutters Joss shook her head to clear it from it's current train of thought. She wasn't one to look at other men but be it the connection that she felt with Trent or just the fact that she wasn't the run of the mill cut country boy she didn't know but her mind drifted to when she touched him and she was imagining it going a different way.

"Mmmm." Joss shivered lost in her mind and loosened her hold on Trent. "I'm sorry." She apologized putting some space between them. "I'm sure you'll remember this night as 'that crazy chick that I couldn't get ride of and cried all over me'." She forced a chuckle and a smile. "It's just, you're the first person I've ever talked to about this." It sounded lonely when she said it out loud but it was true. She couldn't talk to the wranglers because she was the only girl there and it would just be seen as a weak girly thing and all her friends were friends from high school and were also friends with Thomas. And she couldn't trust them to not say anything to Tom and make things worse. They had enough fights without him knowing how she felt.
 
Trent's smile slowly disappeared as Joss started talking. He realized how much she was hurting, and wished he could help. As Joss hugged him, he stood up and held her close, letting her get it out if she needed it, but more for the support he was wanting to give her.

As Joss finally calmed down and then tried to put some space between them, Trent got up and walked to his truck. He turned it on and slipped it into gear as he pulled forward and then backed up, dropping quite a bit of the back end of the truck under water. He would be fine since he had the smokestack exhaust coming out for his engine.

Trent smiled and then pulled Joss against him as he carried her to the tailgate and then sat down with Joss in his lap. He tried to stay casual so as not to scare her, then started to talk.

"I kind of understand where you are right now. I feel the same way, but there are times where you aren't giving up on someone or something. They gave up on you, so you have to salvage what you can, or cut your ties so you don't get hurt more. I can't tell you what you should do, but I think that you need to really think and figure out if you want to be with Thomas, and if not, start moving on. He is hurting you too much, and you are too amazing of a girl to let him treat you like this. If it's because you have nowhere to go, I'll gladly let you stay with me," Trent said, then realized what he said. He smiled, realizing he meant it and would be glad to have Joss around if she ever needed a place to stay. He didn't want to tell her that he really didn't need to work due to the investments from his logging paychecks finally paying off, but he could deal with that later. Right now he just wanted Joss to be happy, because he didn't like seeing anyone, especially friends, hurting.

Trent smiled sheepishly, then quietly said, "Sorry about the rant, but I know you deserve better than that asshole."
 
Oh my god I really am that crazy girl he's been trying to get rid of! Joss freaked when Trent stood up, walked out of the pond and started his truck. What if this isn't his land and he leaves me here? Fuck that's quite a walk back to the music festival to get my truck. She sighed a smile turning as he started to back up into the pond.

"And here I thought you were going to leave me." If there was even a moment that Joss felt like swooning it was now when Trent pulled her to him and carried her to the tailgate. Thomas was strong but I was about an inch taller and didn't really trust that he wouldn't drop me. Yet here Joss was totally comfortable with Trent carrying her. Joss was happy to be in Trent's lap and leaned back against him.

"Thank you for the offer but if worse comes to worse there is a studio loft above the barn that I can stay in." It was funny what a turn this was. Wasn't it just hours before that she had offered him a place to stay. "No, no. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one." She didn't say anything about deserving better because she didn't think that she would ever get better if she left Thomas. It was all well and nice to sit here with Trent but he was someone who would make her a friend and leave her there. She was always a guy's best chick friend and it was hard to get them to see her in a different light once she was pegged as a friend. She was after all an 'amazing girl'.

Joss sighed and rested her head on his shoulder and looked up at the stars. If she could get someone like Trent and be promised that he wouldn't change for the worst or outgrow her, Joss could see leaving Thomas but with no chance of having that and only a lonely life in her future she was scared to leave and be alone. She had worked so hard to convince herself that it was easier to be ignored and emotionally neglected then it was to be alone.
 
Trent smiled sadly. All of Joss' thoughts were written all over. She wanted more, but didn't know if she would get it. She didn't want to be alone because it scared her. She was worried about something like this happening again.

Tenet understood this, and pulled Joss closer. He gently kissed her forehead then cheek before turning her head gently so she was forced to stare into his intense eyes.

"You need to relax. The guy who is right for you is put there. Thomas clearly isn't that guy. You also need to realize that the guy who makes you just his friend is missing out on a great woman. You are sexy, smart, fun, and a host of other amazing traits. Trust le when I say that a guy should realize how blessed he is to have you. I know I'd make sure I treated you right if I ever had a chance. Don't just settle because you don't feel alone. Take a risk. And as for that studio, no. You'd be moving in with me and trying your hand at bigger things. There's plenty to do on over 400 acres of land," Trent said, then hugged Joss gently to remind her that she was worth more than she realized, and that she was in fact an amazing woman.
 
Joss closed her eyes to the kiss shaking with the longing that being that close to someone brought alive in her. Her heart was racing when she opened her eyes and was instantly caught in Trent's. It took effort to focus on what Trent was saying but when she finished she was near to crying again.

"Do you read minds?" He touched on every fear that she had and made her feel like it would all be okay. She raised her hand to cup Trent's cheek and could feel the bristles of his 5 o'clock shadow under her palm. "I want to say yes." Joss told him her mind stuck on the offer from him to try her hand at bigger things and of course her mind was making it more then it surely was. "But you don't really know me and I can't move in without you knowing all my flaws." She was sure that once she told him about all her downfalls he would take back his offer. "I mean, I wake up real early. My truck is loud and my horses are mean and hateful. I have a lot of stuff and, and..." Joss let her hand fall from Trent's face and she twisted in his lap so that she faced him. "Will you give me time to think about it?"

Her chest burned with the want to kiss Trent but it wouldn't be a good time, what with what happened tonight with his wife and Joss still being married. "Can you do me a favor and stop being so nice, perfect, you?" She begged leaning her head to rest against his to that their foreheads touched.
 
Trent just laughed as Joss listed off her "flaws".

"Babe, you have to realize, I've been living with a mean, spiteful bitch the past 3 years. If you want to come out, go for it. I've always been good with animals, and my land would probably help the horses since it's more open. As for not knowing you, I feel like I have known you longer than this one night. Please think about it. And if you didn't notice, my truck is even more loud than yours," Trent said, throwing Joss a wink, but settling back and wrapping his arm around her, trying to give her support and comfort.
 
Joss didn't mean to but she couldn't stop the chuckle that fell from her lips. "Thank you Trent." She smiled taking a risk and tempting her control of her body and planting a quick peck on Trent's lips. "I will think about it." She promised as she twisted around against so that her back rested against Trent's chest.

"I'm not sure about your truck being louder, I have a straight pipe roar to my diesel." She teased feeling at ease with Trent. What he had said about feeling like he had known her longer then this one night, well, she felt the same and cuddled deeper into his chest. "I feel so comfortable with you." She breathed looking back at the stars. "It's like my soul knows your's." Joss laughed at herself because that sounded so cheesy. She shook her head and tried not to think of more hallmark catch phases.

"What is the thing you miss the most about being in a relationship?" Joss asked her body shivering against Trent's.
 
Trent smiled and pulled Joss closer to fight the chills. He thought for a moment, enjoying the feel of holding Joss.

"This," Trent said simply. He really did miss the intimacy, the closeness of someone else actually being there for him. Not some drunk bitch using him for her own gains.
 
"How long has it been for you?" It was a very personal question but Joss didn't feel ashamed that she had asked it, which was strange. To her it was as if she had asked if Trent had change for a dollar. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." She quickly said not wanting to scare Trent off with her question.

If it did get weird Joss was planning on retreating to the pond to hide from him and the chill of the night. It was getting colder but it felt so good to just be held that Joss didn't want to say anything and it be done with. If this was the last time in months she was going to feel comforted she was going to hold out for as long as possible and it being a little colder then she wanted it to be wasn't going to end it for her.
 
Trent saw that Joss was getting cold, so picked her up in his arms and walked to the cab of the truck. He opened the door then climbed in, pulling the truck out of the water. He smiled as the heater started to warm Joss up as he went and grabbed their clothing, throwing it in the bed of the truck.

"Time for showers," Trent said, turning onto the gravel road towards his place. As they got warmed up, Trent finally answered her question.

"Ask me anything you want. I'll honestly answer it. It's been close to 5 years since anything has been there in my relationship."
 
"But-" Joss cried when Trent pulled back but cut her complaint short when he picked her up and settled her in the cab with the heater on. She already missed the contact with Trent but the warmth of the heater felt wonderful and Joss held her hand up to the vent to warm her fingers.

Joss felt weird about going to Trent's house to take a shower. A part of her was worried about his wife coming home and finding her there and with the thoughts that she was having an impossible time getting rid of it was an added worry about what would be going on. She felt so strongly towards Trent and she couldn't deny that she wasn't extremely attracted to him it just wasn't something she could see herself doing no matter how much her body begged her mind to give in on all her principals.

"Okay, anything that I want. It seems only fair that I offer you the same deal. Anything you want to ask me I'll answer honestly." Joss smiled not even bothered by the fact that she was out of the water in only her underwear and wasn't hidden below it's line.

"So why have you stayed? You know why I did but why did you?"
 
Trent smiled at the question.

"I stayed because this is where I love to be. I have 400+ acres around a house I built by hand when I was a teenager. My ex-wife moved in when we got married. She doesn't have keys, or a car. I stayed because this is home for me, just not for her. She won't be back, of that I can be sure. She hated this place. Mostly because I built it and loved it," Trent said, happy to answer something like that.

"Next question," he said as the truck roared down the gravel road.
 
Joss had meant why did he stay with her and his marriage but was impressed to find out that Trent had built his house when he was a teenager. In her mind she pictured a simple and small log cabin with a porch and maybe a set of rocking chairs. And knowing that he had kept everything that he loved, it made her think of all the things she had given up and how unhappy she was.

"I'm not sure I have too many questions after that one." Of course her mind had other things to say about that as it listed every dirty minded things she didn't have the courage or nerve to ask. "What about you, don't you have any questions? I mean shouldn't you be the one asking me a million questions since I'm the one stepping into your house to take a shower?"
 
Trent grinned, then decided to tease Joss a bit.

"Sure, I have a question. When are you planning to seduce me, since it's obvious you want me," he said, his mischievous grin flashing across his lips.

"Honestly, I'm just happy you want to spend time with me, that's all," Trent said seriously as they pulled into a large house, two full stories with a finished basement and 4 car garage. Trent may have been raised country, but he liked having room for all of his toys in his house.
 
Joss' jaw dropped and her cheeks blushed a deep crimson red. "Let me remind you that you, Mr Trent, were the one kissing on me." She was back pedaling trying to throw him off her scent but it seemed like it was too little too late and Joss closed her mouth and tried to regroup. "You know I could ask you the same question." Joss threw back knowing that she lost that round and a little sour about loosing but not about where the conversation was leading.

She had come up with her come back when they rounded a corner and pulled up to a large house. "Wow." Joss whistled taking in his house. "And you built this?" She turned to Trent disbelief written all over her face. "This is beautiful."

Joss opened the truck door and hopped out. It was only when her feet touched the ground that she realized that if she had stayed Trent more then likely would have carried her in. "You know I'm seriously rethinking my answer to stay." She smiled, voice tone teasing but mind serious. Being the first one to the door Joss felt like being playful and leaned against it spreading her arms and legs out to cover as much as the door as possible. She was baring his way into his own house.

"Tell me something before we go in." She smiled her eye sparkling with amusement. "Did kissing me like a man does a woman cross your mind at all tonight?" If she had been asking Thomas she knew what his answer would be, no. But standing here with Trent she hoped that she would get a different answer.
 
Trent smiled, happy the door was there to brace against. He quickly trapped Joss's legs with his arms, then bodily lifted her up until they were eye to eye. He smiled mischievously as she was left flustered and speechless.

"Why yes, Miz Joss, I had thought of kissing you like a man kisses a woman," Trent said teasingly.

Without even thinking about it, Trent leaned forward, kissing Joss softly and deeply, square on the lips. He hoped she would kiss him back, and didn't want to push her too far.
 
"Oh deary Mr. Trent!" Joss fluttered in her best southern belle voice laughing as she said so. The fact that Trent could so easily lift and carry her impressed Joss and made her feel small and delicate but in a good way. The way he smiled at her and teased her with a purpose had her stomach twisted like a school girl.

Even though Joss saw it coming she was still surprised when Trent kissed her. She had half thought that this would end up nothing but playful teasing with nothing being done about the fact that they both felt a certain 'heat' between them. But the moment his lips touched her's she knew that tonight was going to be one of those nights she could regret doing because she was still married but deep down it being right because it was what she needed.

"Trent." Joss whispered his name against his lips and her arms rested on his shoulders, linking behind his neck and her legs wrapped around his body holding herself to him. "I'm glad I didn't have to ask 'what are you going to do about it'." She smiled tilting her head to the side as she pressed her lips to his again returning his kiss with her own. Her lips parted and her tongue traced his bottom lips before sucking it between her teeth for a little nibble.

"So I believe you said something about a shower." She teased pulling back from the kiss. "Care to be a gentleman and help a woman out with all the hard to reach places?" Joss offered. Trent might have been the first on to kiss the other person but she wanted to let him know that if he wanted it she was willing to try her hand at something bigger.
 
Trent groaned into the kiss, pulling Joss closer. He knew that he should stop, be the gentleman he had been raised to be, but her kiss was doing things to make his body react automatically.

As Joss broke the kiss, he looked at her, his eyes glazed from pleasure.

Trent cleared his throat then looked down at Joss. He set her down on her feet then opened the door, allowing her to enter first. "Ladies first, m'dear," he said, bowing low, just enough teasing to let Joss know he was being funny.

As Joss walked by, he saw her wedding band and immediately knew what he needed to do.

"Joss, look. I really, REALLY find you attractive. You are married though. I don't want to do anything you would regret or look back on as the turning point that pulled your marriage apart. What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to pressure you into making a decision that you will regret later, or will ruin any chances you have of trying to mend or end your marriage amicably. I'm not copping out, far from it. If I could, I'd take you upstairs and help you with anything you wanted. I just want you to make sure this is what you want before we continue. If it isn't, that's ok. We can shower and just talk, or I can drop you off back at the festival. I promise that no matter your answer, I'll still be here, wanting you," Trent said, looking deeply into Joss' eyes, realizing that he did genuinely care about her and fully meant what he said.
 
Joss loved the groan that Trent made and she pressed her body to his as he pulled her closer. Joss was more then ready to get back to kissing Trent when he put her down and cleared his throat. Her mind was foggy with sexual need and she knew her body was in control and didn't care. The only thing that bothered he was the way he looked at her as she passed him and walked into the house.

'Joss,' Pause.

Oh no, her mind was fighting her urges and overpowering her body and listening to what Trent was saying. Ahg, why does he have to say something? Joss' mind whined knowing that Trent was right and an utter gentleman. She was still married and she had to fix or end, pretty much she had to figure out what was going on there before she started this. No matter how much she wanted it.

"Gods!" Joss sighted running her hand thru her hair. "If I didn't believe that you wanted me as much as you say you do I would be hurt and angry right now. But I believe you and know you'll be in just as much pain later as I will be." She smiled trying to make light of the situation. "Couldn't pick that moment to be a lust filled guy could you." She chuckled walking up to Trent and giving him a hug. "Thank you." She whispered into his chest. "I'm not saying that I'd regret it, because as bad as it sounds I'm pretty sure I wouldn't, but you're right. I have to figure out whats what with Thomas before anything more happens between us." She patted Trent's arm and backed away from him.

"And I think I'll skip that shower. Who knows that my body will convince me of once I get naked. So if you wouldn't mind I'll just get dressed and if it wouldn't kill you, can you take me back to my truck?" The entire night felt comfortable and easy but saying just that made her feel awkward and foolish. And because she felt that was Joss walked back out of the front door and to the back of the truck and started to get dressed.
 
Trent shook his head, wishing he hadn't said anything, but knowing it was the right thing to do. He threw his shirt on then followed Joss to his truck. Once they both got inside Trent quickly turned to Joss before she could say anything.

"I'm sorry that I had to lead with my heart and not my cock," Trent said, then leaned in and kissed Joss softly and sweetly.

He pulled away, shaking his head at himself, as he drove her back to her truck and the asshole attached to it.
 
Joss wanted to deepen the kiss and tempt Trent right there in his truck to forget his heart of gold and rock with his cock but she resisted by some means and shook her head. "No, please don't apologize." She frowned. "Don't ask me how because my body is throwing a major temper tantrum but I like you so much more because you said something. I don't think I've even met anyone like you and if you asked me there isn't a man I know that would stop a hard on for the feelings of a woman. Forget the fact that this is the first time meeting the dame." She smiled and patted his hand letting it linger there in a comforting way. "Don't ever change." Joss begged with pleading eyes. "I wouldn't want you to." It was the truth and she took her hand back breaking the contact with Trent.

"That's me." Joss pointed to the lone dodge diesel flatbed truck. There was still a number of cars there but Joss didn't have plans on going back in. She was going to be smart and lock herself in her room and forget the directions to Trent's house. "I want to thank you for tonight." Joss turned to Trent looking him in the eyes. "I haven't felt like that in ages." She slid closer to Trent and cupped his cheek. "Thank you so much." She whispered giving Trent one last sweet kiss, just like the one he gave her. After the kiss Joss sat there for a moment just looking at Trent before she slid back and opened the door. "Good night."

And Joss hopped out of the truck about to close it. "Oh. She reaches into her wallet and pulls out a stock card with the BLM information, numbers and address on it and writes her number on the back of it. "Ignore the front, it's just my work card but the back is my cell. If nothing else I would love to still be your friend." She smiled one last time before she closed the door and fished her keys out of her pocket and got into her truck.

The ride home was hard for Joss. So many thoughts flew thru her mind and no part of herself wanted to agree with the other part. It wasn't until she got home that the decision was made for her.

"You dirty SLUT!" It was the first thing Joss was greeted with as the door closed behind her. Thomas was home looking disheveled and obviously drunk. Joss had never seen him like this before and was startled and a bit scared.

"Excuse me?"

"You're a dirty fucking slut." Thomas advanced on her like a predator stalking his prey. "Just fuck whoever you want, is that it?" He accused his voice raising. "Did he at least pay you?" And like a flash his hand was out and struck her across the face.

Joss couldn't believe it and stood there dumbfounded.

"See you aren't even denying it!" Thomas screamed his face getting red with the booze and the effort it took to scream at her. "I can't believe what a filthy cunt you are!" His hand raised up again and Joss was too slow to stop it.

"You know what I get the first one because I shouldn't have kissed him but-"

"Fucking bitch!" Thomas went into a rage not letting her finish as he beat his anger out on her. "Well I've been fucking tons of girls for fucking months!" His fists rained down on Joss and the more she fought against him the harder he hit her until she fell to the ground. "A year of fucking hotter, wetter, tighter bitches." Thomas shouted fisting his hand into Joss' hair and pulling her to his room as she shuffled to reduce the pain of being pulled by the hair.

"Thomas, stop, stop! Please stop! I haven't done what you think. It was a kiss and I was wrong. Please, please!" Joss cried tears running down her face. But Thomas didn't hear any of that as he threw her on his bed and continued to smack her around.

It wasn't long that Thomas passed out and Joss ran to the barn up into the loft and locked the door behind her.

Kahr her black mouth cur was in a frenzy when Joss came out. Kahr wasn't allowed in the house unless Joss is there and is wasn't abnormal for him to just give her a bark from the dark and chose to stay outside like he did tonight but once the yelling started he was baying and howling at the door to come in. When Joss ran out and he smelled the blood from her split lip, bloodied nose and cut eyebrow he was growling and bearing his teeth with is hair and chest puffed out. Joss was positive that if she let Kahr in the house now he would attack Thomas and it was likely that Thomas would wake up and shoot him like he had threatened before.

Below she could hear Granite and Eagle calling with their throaty nickers and kicking the sides of their open boxes feeling that something wasn't right. "Kahr." Joss wailed the salt from the tears stinging. "Kahr." She sat in the middle of the bed and pulled him up, holding her dog to her in desperation. "I'm done. Done." She cringing in pain as she fell asleep crying. Safe in knowing that her horses would warn her if Thomas came after her and that Kahr would protect her. Joss' last thought was how she hoped that Trent doesn't call her and forgets about her.
 
Trent drove home, not able to get Joss out of his mind. He wanted her more than anything, but wanted her as a woman and person, not for sex. He finally made up his mind and turned his truck around, driving to a friend's house who knew a few things around town.

As he pulled up, he saw the lights on and immediately went through the front door.

"MATT!" Trent shouted, knowing he and his wife were up.

They both came running down, looking at Trent worriedly. "What's wrong?" Matt asked.

"I need you to start filing for divorce from Jane, and I need to know everything you know about Joss," Trent said breathlessly.

Matt looked at him, then shook his head.

"If I told you what I heard, you'd kill her husband. That being said, I'll start the divorce, and you had better go see if she's ok. He saw you two leaving, and most likely did what he always does when he gets drunk; he beats here," Matt said, shaking his head.

I was walking out the door when Matt hollered, "Wait! You better leave your gun here and call 911. They don't like him either, and will most likely make sure nothing happens, or nothing that you could wind up in jail for."

Trent nodded, dailing 9-1-1 as he got into his truck, telling them he needed to meet them due to a domestic violence case. As he pulled into Joss' driveway, he immediately saw the lights in the house on, and heard shouting. He knew what was going on, but couldn't do anything until the police got there. He watched as Joss ran out of the house a short while later, then finally, thankfully, the police showed up.

Without waiting, Trent ran up the door, kicking it off it's hinges. The look on his face told the cops not to get in his way as he tore through the house, finally finding Thomas passed out in a drunken stupor. Trent grabbed him by the throat, hauling him to his feet as he slapped him, hard, several times to wake him up.

"Wake up you piece of shit!" Trent screamed, until Thomas woke up. He threw Thomas into the waiting hands of the county sheriff and his deputy, then looked at him.

"If you put a hand on her, so help me God, I will tear you limb from limb. Now answer me, did you hit her?!" Trent said, his voice barely a whisper but holding the threat clearly. When Thomas nodded, the deputy came around to restrain him as Trent tried to surge forward, intent on keeping his word.

"Son, calm down. He confessed, so he will be locked up for it. Go find Joss and take care of her!" the deputy said, finally getting through to Trent.

He heard the deputy, then the horses, and knew where she'd be. Trent quickly made his way to the barn and climbed to the loft after looking around. He wished he didn't have to, but shouldered through the locked door. He saw Joss there, slowly waking up with a scared look on her face. He saw the dog coming towards him, but held out his hand, letting the dog sniff him as he moved towards Joss.

"Joss, are you ok?" Trent asked quietly, looking into her eyes to avoid the swelling and bruising, trying to keep his anger in check.
 
It wasn't the door being forced open that woke Joss, it was Kahr when he jumped off the bed and the angry snorts from the horses downstairs. Having just fallen asleep Joss was foggy and her eyes were blurred with sleep and the puffy aftermath of being beat.

"Kahr!" Joss called slapped the bed. "Here." her voice shook but there was nothing she could do about it. "Trent?" she was mostly positive it was him but the light in the loft was off and the only light she could see by was the yellow tinged outside light that she leaves on for the horses to better see as they walk in and out of the barn of their own freewill.

"Is that you? What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?" how was it that she didn't even know a man like this exisited and he already knew where she lived. "I think you should go." Joss didn't want Trent to see her like this and she was a little worried that Kahr would unleash on him since he had yet to stop is low growl. To make sure Trent couldn't see her she picked up the nearest pillow and gentle hid her face in it showing just her eyes if you looked thru her loose hair.

She was hiding and even though she was sure it was Trent she was still more then a little shaken.
 
Back
Top