Hi

His_puppet

Virgin
Hi all! I'm new here, I've been in a Dom/sub relationship with my partner/sir for 2 years now, I love him with every inch of me but lately things seem to be really hard, I suffer from anxiety and just lately it's been really bad and I'm not sure why, sir doesn't understand why I get the way I do and I find it hard to explain it to him because I know it sounds so crazy and irrational. I'm scared that my illness will scare him away and I don't know what to do. I don't have many people that I can talk to so I guess im just looking for a little reassurance if anything.

Hi all! I'm new here, I've been in a Dom/sub relationship with my partner/sir for 2 years now, I love him with every inch of me but lately things seem to be really hard, I suffer from anxiety and just lately it's been really bad and I'm not sure why, sir doesn't understand why I get the way I do and I find it hard to explain it to him because I know it sounds so crazy and irrational. I'm scared that my illness will scare him away and I don't know what to do. I don't have many people that I can talk to so I guess im just looking for a little reassurance if anything.

If you have been in a loving relationship the last two years, isn't he already aware of your anxiety? If this is the first time it's come up, do you know what might have triggered it?

Having tougher than normal anxiety can be pretty rough. It also tends to make the sufferer feel guilty or worried they may be too much of a burden on those around them. Is it you worrying he won’t get it? Or have you both talked about it openly? If he really doesn’t understand and you can’t describe it, I suggest getting him some written information on the topic. Anxiety disorders aren’t well understood by many who do not have them and it really doesn’t make any sense to them.

Is this something new for you? Or ongoing? Have you tried coping practices or speaking to a professional? If you need help, talk to your partner and let him know you need a little support. It’s really hard to ask that when you think it will just bother them, but someone that cares about you shouldn’t see your needing a gentle push as a burden. It was really hard to ask my husband to help me get the help I needed. For whatever reason, I was too scared to ask. Once I finally did though, it took a weight off of my shoulders and allowed me to get the help I needed.

Here’s a link that might help him to understand: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml

:)

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for the link! Yes he is aware of it, but lately it has gotten a lot worse, I've had alot going on lately which hasn't helped I guess, we sat and had a long talk yesterday and i tried to explain everything to him the best I can and fingers crossed things will start looking a little brighter from now on. I think I'm just overly emotional at the moment which isn't helping the matter at all.

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for the link! Yes he is aware of it, but lately it has gotten a lot worse, I've had alot going on lately which hasn't helped I guess, we sat and had a long talk yesterday and i tried to explain everything to him the best I can and fingers crossed things will start looking a little brighter from now on. I think I'm just overly emotional at the moment which isn't helping the matter at all.

Just try to communicate the best you can and if you are honest with yourself and him he will learn how to support you as you need. At least that is what worked for my partner and I.

🌷

Last edited by a moderator:

Glad the talk went well and I hope he can find ways to support you as you need it. Best of luck!

Thank you to everyone that has replied, things seem to be going the right way at the moment, I need distraction, because when I'm not doing anything that's when my anxiety will kick in and he's really trying to keep me distracted with things which seems to be working. I'm learning to open up more about things too which is also helping!!!! :)

Thank you to everyone that has replied, things seem to be going the right way at the moment, I need distraction, because when I'm not doing anything that's when my anxiety will kick in and he's really trying to keep me distracted with things which seems to be working. I'm learning to open up more about things too which is also helping!!!! :)

Aw I’m really happy for you, it sounds like your doing very well 🌷

Back