Literotica®: Anything Does Not Go

What should Literotica® do regarding non-consent stories?


  • Total voters
    26
  • Poll closed .
Nice “free speech” platform you have here, Literotica®.

Yes, it is a nice platform.
Sadly, there are those users who seem to feel that being polite (one might include "restrained") is not a necessary (or even 'desirable') attribute of joining.
 
Oh I know, I know. I've read a lot of the critiques and take downs. Still, I like it :D

Once my wife explained it to me it made more sense. She read all the books and I've only seen two of the movies. (as always, books are better than movies) Her take on 50 Shades is that it's not as much about BDSM as it is a portrayal of abuse at an early age by a warped woman. The story, according to her, is a love story of recovery from that abuse.

That there are indeed some sick-o-sadists in the world is believable to me. Not all practitioners of BDSM are intelligent and enlightened individuals.

I like the story better now that she explained her take.
 
In regard to Literotica and their rules: I have used and enjoyed this site for free for almost fifteen years. I have never once had a problem or a complaint. I'm perfectly satisfied with it just as it is.
 
OP complains about rape stories, but rape stories at Literotica are by definition on the tame side due to the requirement that the victim comes to enjoys it or looks back on it favorably.

Rape is a touchy subject, sure. Nobody's denying that. Real world rape is bad and that shouldn't be trivialized.

Stories with stuff like student/teacher and incest tend to whitewash things by making sure a character who might normally be considered the "victim" in such situations instead plays the role of the instigator.

What it comes down to is rape is documented to be a fairly common sexual fantasy for women. Not that they want to actually be raped, of course, but some do engage in rape roleplay with their partners. If you find the right deep, dark, holes in the internet, some of these women admit they masturbate to simulated rape in porn or even Hollywood movies. Erotica containing rape is just another way to vicariously feed their fetish.

Different people have different tastes and different kinks, so I certainly don't expect most people to be into rape porn. We can all read (and write) the things we like and stay away from the things we don't like. Nobody's forcing you to look at rape stories, or bestiality stories, or furry porn artwork, or futanari porn artwork, or furry futanari porn artwork, or guro artwork. There's snuff and underage/pedophile erotica out there on the web that are far more depraved than anything Literotica allows.

Fictional depictions of bad things breed more of that bad thing in real life, blah blah, violence in movies and video games and all the rest. Possibly true for 8 year old boys, but we're all adults here and the vast majority of us know fantasy from reality and aren't compelled to act out everything we see just to burn off excess energy.
 
Back
Top