Frikin'

sr71plt

Literotica Guru
I just discovered that my spell check wants to change "fuckin'" to "frikin'." I wonder what's up with that at Microsoft. "Firkin'" isn't a word and it doesn't have a life/meaning separate from "fuckin'," so how does Microsoft think it's any less of an identical take as or more politically correct than "fuckin'"? My daughter-in-law throws around the substitute "word" too, but no one is fooled about the word she's really invoking.

I just discovered that my spell check wants to change "fuckin'" to "frikin'." I wonder what's up with that at Microsoft. "Firkin'" isn't a word and it doesn't have a life/meaning separate from "fuckin'," so how does Microsoft think it's any less of an identical take as or more politically correct than "fuckin'"? My daughter-in-law throws around the substitute "word" too, but no one is fooled about the word she's really invoking.

Too funny. I use "frikin" around certain people, too.

... my spell check wants to change "fuckin'" to "frikin'." I wonder what's up with that at Microsoft. "Firkin'" isn't a word...

Actually your typo "Firkin" *IS* a word. As for what MS is up to -- chalk it up to corporate senility. I use an old version of Word for spellchecking, along with a recent OpenOffice and various others, and I depend on *none* of them. Ignore the spellcheckers as needed. You'll be glad you did.

Yep, I typoed "frikin" once. Don't really need an instructional on the sins of spellcheck, though.

I was wondering. Wasn't sure if you meant firkin or frikin.

I always thought that "frigging" and all its variants referred to the aggressive rubbing of the clit. It's like the female equivalent of "jacking", no?

I always thought that "frigging" and all its variants referred to the aggressive rubbing of the clit. It's like the female equivalent of "jacking", no?

Never encountered that use of "frigging," no. What I've seen/heard, is "frigging" used as only a short step away from "fucking," but "frikin'" being used more widely now at, supposedly, a PC step away from "fucking." But "fucking" is clearly meant in both cases and neither is a word in its own right, so it's pretty much pretense, I think.

What about the Irish version 'Feck' or the old English 'rodgering' or the more polite English 'shafting'. There has to be a lot more as we'll without going to foreign languages

What about the Irish version 'Feck' or the old English 'rodgering' or the more polite English 'shafting'. There has to be a lot more as we'll without going to foreign languages

Umm, no, my daughter-in-law doesn't use those words as euphemisms for "fuck." :D

Never heard it called that for a woman, that's not to say it isn't used, just not anything I've heard. "Jilling off" I've heard a lot.

What comes back? (I don't use that device.)

Fork come up "falk" not sure if that's even a word. Once it came up with "For talk"

varies on the person as well. When you first get it you have to read into it from material they provide for about 90 minutes so it can pick up any accent you may have-you know the east Coast with the missing R's or that Boston "ahhhh" and your general inflections.

If I say something into it then my husband or daughter says the same exact thing it will not come back identically.

Its a good tool if you're speaking properly and enunciating everything. I use it for speeches because I like to walk around while I think of them.

But for fiction dialogue it's pretty crappy, in fact I'm not sure it would get crappy right so slang and and things like "Y'all" will get butchered. You'll do so much correcting its not worth it.

But dictating e-mails and speeches its pretty good once you're used to it. If you speak with a lot of "um, uh, um..." its not so good either.

Course my version is a couple of years old maybe they made improvements.

Oh! I thought "frickin'" was a combination of "freakin'" and "fuckin'". However, I hadn't seen it spelled "frikin'".

Frakkin' spell checkers. What the frak?!

Oh! I thought "frickin'" was a combination of "freakin'" and "fuckin'". However, I hadn't seen it spelled "frikin'".

Frakkin' spell checkers. What the frak?!

Yeah, I could see it's a variation of "freakin," which would be yet another step toward PC, as "freaking" does have an arguably connected meaning that avoids the obscene.

And it suddenly dawned on me that we might be giving away too much about our ages by knowing the etymology this well. :devil:

But, yeah. That's where I always just sort of assumed it came from. That does rather explain why people looked at me a little odd when I would say "freakin' frackin' frickin' <insert noun here>" when I was younger and got wound up about something.

Topic tangent, one of my faves: The first known euphemism for MOTHERFUCKER in USA popular music was in the Hollywood Argyles' ALLEY OPP:

"The cats don't bug him, 'cause they know better
'Cause he's a mean motorscooter and a bad go-getter"

Try calling someone a MOTORSCOOTER and see the reaction, hey?

Back to topic: I have a problem with "frickin'" and other FUCKING replacements, including "friggin'" -- which I first heard in an old obscene ballad, THE FRIGGIN' FALCON. "To frig" is to stimulate the clitoris; "friggin'" is just a generalized euphemism that neglects the original. "Frickin'" is an updated euphamism -- and all these just seem SO FUCKING LAME, like Pat Boone singing R&B. Instead of euphemisms, I'll either use the dirty word, or resort to the tangy "[expletive deleted]".

Such 'F' alternatives work (poorly) as expletive adjectives, but not as verbs. Nobody (I hope) goes in for a hot frickin' session. We have words: rodgering and shafting, sure; and ballin', poonin', humpin', and many more. My DL'd copy of THE BALD-HEADED HERMIT AND THE ARTICHOKE: An Erotic Thesaurus contains HUNDREDS of slangy Anglish terms for copulation. And Eskimos have only 83 words for ice, right? Guess which is more important. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of frikin or friggin or frackin or any of that. But I say "Fuck" a lot. A LOT. Sometimes I'm quiet around new people for the sole reason that the word "Fuck" will inevitably leave my lips about a hundred and seventy fucking THOUSAND times. Can't help it.

Usually I make one of those almost slips where I say "frickin" or "friggin" and sometimes it bleeds into my characters dialog or my frickin posts.

I know "to frig" is to "rub the clitoris vigorously" (my wife calls that DJ'ing).

But I say "Naw" to sometimes, either as slang or sarcasm. Even though I know that "gnaw" actually means like "chew on" or whatever. Similarly, Friggin is just the sound that comes out from time when I avoid the word Fuck. And I also rub my clitoris when I say it.

I feel the need to reference two movies here that illustrate the ridiculousness of such stand-ins.

One, I have always been beloved of the part in "My Fellow Americans" when the ex-first lady tells her husband repeatedly and in a non-nonsense way that if he is going to use the "f" word, "Go for the gold." I live by that standard.

Secondly, nothing good comes from censorship. I would like to introduce the Big Lebowski as evidence.

In TV land, the classic line, "You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?!"

Becomes: "You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?! You see what happens when you feed a stoner scrambled eggs?!"

And nobody, I mean nobody, wants that.

I'm another who has heard one of the uses of "frig" for female masturbation, as in "frigging her clit"

I've used it a time or two in my stories.

Also heard it as the replacement for fuck, as well as the Frikin' and Fuggin'.

Too much Monty Python has been quite useful to me. My extremely religious mother snaps off "Hey!" every time someone cusses in a movie or on television, but she doesn't bat an eye when I replace "Fucking" with "Bloody".

Apparently, god only speaks American English, and doesn't understand UK cursing. :D

I'm another who has heard one of the uses of "frig" for female masturbation, as in "frigging her clit"

I've used it a time or two in my stories.

Also heard it as the replacement for fuck, as well as the Frikin' and Fuggin'.

Too much Monty Python has been quite useful to me. My extremely religious mother snaps off "Hey!" every time someone cusses in a movie or on television, but she doesn't bat an eye when I replace "Fucking" with "Bloody".

Apparently, god only speaks American English, and doesn't understand UK cursing. :D

bollocks! :D

half a spiel chequer on my pea sea
it tails me if aye am write or wrong.
Eye don't know what eye wood due
if eye did knot half it two reed along

Wen eye due rite fairy air ooh bite lee
eye never make to man knee miss takes
cuss my spiel chequer his on the Job.

Back