Reproductive "rights" vs. reproductive responsibilities

renard_ruse

Break up Amazon
At one time most adults took pride in being responsible for themselves and their actions. If an unwanted result occured from one's voluntary choices, the adult would man up or woman up and deal with the consequences.

Today a large percentage of people claim the right to do anything they want in any way they want AND expect there to be no consequences to their actions. For example, they voluntarily choose to engage in sexual intercourse without taking adequate contraceptive precautions and then have a tantrum demanding the "right" to eliminate the unwanted consequences and even in many case demand others pay to eliminate the consequences for them. This is somehow refered to as "rights."

Where is the pride of real adults, women and men, to take responsibility for their own lives and actions? If you don't want a baby, take the necessary steps not to create one, whatever that entails for you. It doesn't seem that complicated.

At one time most adults took pride in being responsible for themselves and their actions. If an unwanted result occured from one's voluntary choices, the adult would man up or woman up and deal with the consequences.

Today a large percentage of people claim the right to do anything they want in any way they want AND expect there to be no consequences to their actions. For example, they voluntarily choose to engage in sexual intercourse without taking adequate contraceptive precautions and then have a tantrum demanding the "right" to eliminate the unwanted consequences and even in many case demand others pay to eliminate the consequences for them. This is somehow refered to as "rights."

Where is the pride of real adults, women and men, to take responsibility for their own lives and actions? If you don't want a baby, take the necessary steps not to create one, whatever that entails for you. It doesn't seem that complicated.

That time was before anybody currently alive was born. I'm not sure why you think we should go back to doing things the way they did thousands of years ago. The rest is your usual stupid drivel.

I wish I did have a kid somewhere it would make my life a little simpler.

As it is, I am going to have to pick a relative and dump my stuff on them when or probably a few years before I die.

Sorry bud...You are stuck with it...Sorry.

I wish I did have a kid somewhere it would make my life a little simpler.

As it is, I am going to have to pick a relative and dump my stuff on them when or probably a few years before I die.

Sorry bud...You are stuck with it...Sorry.

action speaks.

As someone who terminated a pregnancy I think it's wrong of you to assume that there are no consequences to choosing that course.
My unplanned pregnancy made me realise how abusive a relationship I was in. I knew I couldn't have a child with the man I was with and he wouldn't have let me raise the baby alone.
The termination was a horrible experience. A part of myself died that day, and not just my baby. My partner at the time never got over of it.
Every action has a consequence.

I always knew you were a renard. But I never knew how truly renarded you were until I read this.

Agree...

Let me give you another analogy, albeit an imperfect one...

Suppose a smoker contracts lung cancer.

Do these people have a "responsibility" to accept their cancer as a consequence of smoking?

By your logic, isn't seeking medical treatment to alleviate a condition an abrogation of personal responsibility?

Why do we still talk about this magical time that nobody alive today has ever met anybody from a generation that thought like this?

By this logic, divorce should be illegal as well, right? Warranties wouldn't exist. College students couldn't change majors.

Edit: robdownsouth already made my point. Oops.

At one time most adults took pride in being responsible for themselves and their actions.
Yes. And that time is now. If an unwanted result occurs from one's voluntary choices or by involuntary misakes, I might add, the adult does man up or woman up and corrects the mistake before it gets out of hand.

Yes. And that time is now. If an unwanted result occurs from one's voluntary choices or by involuntary misakes, I might add, the adult does man up or woman up and corrects the mistake before it gets out of hand.

Corrects a mistake?

We'd probably have lower incidences of abortions, if conservatives hadn't gutted sex ed to abstinence only programs. The reality is that the 'responsibility' argument is bullshit because sexual health information is being repressed so that even if people WANTED to be responsible they don't know how to be because they were always just told no. No doesn't work, comprehensive sex ed does work because people are going to have sex one way or another but informed people know how to have safe sex that limits pregnancies AND stds.

So before trying to pull the whole bootstraps, leave it to beaver trip back to the 50's bullshit, actually consider what is causing the problem in the first place.

An unplanned pregnancy, for instance.

I know, I know, you call it "a baby".

zygote.jpg

Look at this human being....how can you call it anything but a baby? :confused:

We'd probably have lower incidences of abortions, if conservatives hadn't gutted sex ed to abstinence only programs. The reality is that the 'responsibility' argument is bullshit because sexual health information is being repressed so that even if people WANTED to be responsible they don't know how to be because they were always just told no. No doesn't work, comprehensive sex ed does work because people are going to have sex one way or another but informed people know how to have safe sex that limits pregnancies AND stds.

So before trying to pull the whole bootstraps, leave it to beaver trip back to the 50's bullshit, actually consider what is causing the problem in the first place.

People do not Have to have sex....one way or another. Even those that are, I doubt that they have never heard of at least condoms, if nothing else.

People can control themselves...if they want to.

zygote.jpg

Look at this human being....how can you call it anything but a baby? :confused:

When the baby looks like this, a woman does not even know she is pregnant yet. When she chooses to abort ( most by 12 weeks ), the baby is very much "baby-like". One can see....and hear the heartbeat by week 6 with ultrasound.

People do not Have to have sex....one way or another. Even those that are, I doubt that they have never heard of at least condoms, if nothing else.

People can control themselves...if they want to.

Reality check dumb shit...they never have and they never will. People LOVE to fuck without protection...it feels GOOD!!:D

When the baby looks like this

Sorry, I google imaged baby and found nothing like this...
zygote.jpg

In fact they pretty much all look like this...
baby2.gif

I fail to see the resemblance between the two myself.....how much acid did you take earlier to make these two look alike?

Quoted for being a sensible argument.

Back