Streets of Fire (OOC Discussion)

TearsoftheWorld

Radical Dreamer
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Posts
16,002
This story has still stuck with me, and I'd like to give it another chance if anyone's interested.

Very, very, very, very basic plot: A young woman becomes the leader of a revolutionary force that seeks to topple an oppressive monarchy.

Whether it succeeds or not will be entirely up to us.

So...

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?

:rose:
 
eponine-les-miserables-479670771.jpg


Name: Marie
Age: 20s
Hair: Dark (Brown)
Eyes: Brown

Family:
Father (Deceased)
Mother: (Deceased)
Siblings: None*

*Cares for 11 year old boy from orphanage

Occupation:
Fisher






 
Last edited:
Roles Needed
Civilians (loyal to the armed rebels)
Armed rebels
Soldiers (trained, but perhaps not that loyal to the crown)

Civilians (loyal to the crown)
Soldiers (trained and loyal to the crown)
Members of the royal family (there's even some flexibility with this branch)

Foreign dignitaries

:rose:
 
Well I am interested.

Roles I'd like to be used in would be one of either the Armed Rebels (hopefully a sapper-type) or a foreign dignitary.
 
Eponine!

*love's!*

I support this quest of yours, Miss "TearsoftheWorld"....:)))
 
Eponine!

*love's!*

I support this quest of yours, Miss "TearsoftheWorld"....:)))

It's not easy finding the right character model, so I want with Ep because I couldn't find the right combination of short hair and newboyesque clothing.
 
I'm interested, if you'll take a n00b. I've RPd plenty on other forums, usually freestyle but each with their rules.

I'm cooperative, polite and mostly housetrained. ;)

If it's a go-er then I quite fancy the role of a crown soldier, but one who's loyalty has been eroded by the things he has seen (or even done) and has started harbouring sympathies for the rebel cause.
 
No reason you can't have two roles, DK. Feel free to play around with what you'd like to do.

I no understand this language so well.

But I also want to blow shit up.

:)

Well I can PM you my ideas and you can just let me know what you think. Will get to that in a bit.
 
I'm interested, if you'll take a n00b. I've RPd plenty on other forums, usually freestyle but each with their rules.

I'm cooperative, polite and mostly housetrained. ;)

If it's a go-er then I quite fancy the role of a crown soldier, but one who's loyalty has been eroded by the things he has seen (or even done) and has started harbouring sympathies for the rebel cause.

Who dare approacheth the Thread of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the IC-thread he see!

¬.¬

I tease.

You're more than welcome to join.
 
I no understand this language so well.

But I also want to blow shit up.

:)

Well I can PM you my ideas and you can just let me know what you think. Will get to that in a bit.

You no understand language? Y not?

:mad:

Feel free to toss your ideas in here, if you want. I can answer then privately in PM, if you feel more comfortable that way.
 
Who dare approacheth the Thread of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the IC-thread he see!

¬.¬

I tease.

You're more than welcome to join.

Ha! Ok great, thanks. Let me know if you want me to do anything else, flesh out a character more etc. Otherwise I'll keep following this until something kicks off.
 
Ha! Ok great, thanks. Let me know if you want me to do anything else, flesh out a character more etc. Otherwise I'll keep following this until something kicks off.

I'll be fleshing out my characters over the next couple of days, though it may take a little longer for an official IC-thread to be posted. Feel free to toss around character ideas while things get going.
 
Okay, so the first "Call to Adventure" for my character Marie will be having to tend to the wounds of a rebel fighter, and although she shields him from forces loyal to the Crown, she isn't quite ready to leave her "ordinary" world behind.
 
I have to admit I read the thread title and was hoping that you might be talking a story set in the Streets of Fire film universe. But my disappointment was short lived.

Have some questions"

1. What time period are we talking? Mideval, pre-industrial, post industrial, etc?

2. Magic or no magic?

3. How do you feel about enigmatic master assassins?
 
As much as I love that movie... I'm simply borrowing the name.

1. Think 18th century.

2. No magic.

3. Skilled thieves are permissible.
 
divided loyalty

i'd consider a position as a guard, that has turned from loyalty to the crown to loyalty to another cause. maybe. not sure yet. will watch thread and see what's going on. if you even want me.
 
I would like to put my hand up as well. However would like to know what country it would be set in to know what sort of weaponry we are talking about.

Just meaning things like if it is England or UK type setting the Long Bow would still be in use
Italy and France Cross-bow more common
And Spain was basically the home of flintlocks by that time.
Of course all countries had flintlocks but as a snipers main choice (Which I plan to maybe be as a rebel) they would stick with what they know.

Then of course swords,etc as backups. Again determined by location.
 
Magdelana de la Rochelle

Name: Magdelana de la Rochelle
Age: 20s
Hair: Dark (Brown)
Eyes: Brown



Family:

Occupation:
Family Guard *

Elite Guard, sent on a mission for the last year. Just returned disheartened over the things she's seen, witnessed, and done over this year.

History: At the age of five she was taken from her home and drafted into the Imperial Army. with a natural knack for being limber and athletically inclined (starving on the streets does that) she was taken and pressed into service with The Guard.

From there her real training began. Beaten, abused and mistreated she was broken again and again until she was was ready to be what they wanted. And then she was molded into the weapon she is now. Limber and lithe she moves through a crowd with blade and bow, dagger and spear. Ready to use whatever is at hand and turn it into a weapon to do the duties that she has been commanded to perform.

Unfortunately she's not discrete, her one mission to 'quietly assassinate' a rival king resulted in a flight through a city, several dozen guards men dead, a crippled King, a dead Queen, and a level of Khaos not seen since.


(unknown to anyone, including herself is that she is a member of the royal family.) if that is approved by tearsoftheworld. (she will also determine how she's related)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The story will be set in country that has yet to be named. It will, at least, be very similar to 18th century Europe, so crossbows are allowed, as are cavalry swords and muzzle-loading firearms.
 
Magdelana de la Rochelle

I'd certainly like to know a little more about her history.

:rose:

Feel free to shoot off ideas here, or send me a PM.

One thing, though: as much as I love Mr. Turner's work, would it be okay if her armor were a bit more conservative?

Skimpy-Armor-Regret-Decision.jpg
 
Back
Top