100 Words

When the bomb falls it is silent. It's the air that screams as it's fabric rends with the knife of destruction slicing through to the heart of it. I know the pain and I'm learning to pass this test with patience. A skill mastered in lessons taught in waiting rooms and hospital beds.

The bright smile rounded the corner only to twist into a worried moue an instant before I watched the throat flex in an empty swallow. Bad news shrouds teeth in concern with lips drawn in a straight line. No smile for me.

98 words
 
Where's My Cracklin Bran, Honey Buns?

To wake with Perma-Grin, someone playing a didgeridoo in the Back Forty-- with cows in call and response, as if lowing for a coveted berth on the bovine Mothership. Later, splashing my face in a clavicle-shaped cistern, I'll turn to salute two tow heads, perched on the porch.

"Is it true this valley has never suffered the singular sound of John Deere retching lug nuts and spark plugs into a tempered steel apothecary tray?"

Amidst children's laughter, I'll find your face, framed in the kitchen window, a familiar street sign seemingly seen now, for the very first time.


;)
 
Last edited:
clutching_calliope said:
I bought The Story of O tonight, along with some bargain book that my supervisor recommended, The Sexual Adventures of Katheryn M., I think. I don’t even know who wrote it.

I’m more concerned right now with how I’m going to hide them.

I joked with a co-worker tonight that I have a bit of a problem with this kind of thing, you know, porn. Had to. He sold them to me. I told him I think I have it under control now. Don’t think he believed me.

Maybe I’ll hide them under my poetry. No one ever looks there.

this is fabulous, Calli

{blows air kisses}
 
I'm lying on my back after a yoga session. Jazz, my large black cat, always takes that as an invitation to climb on me. She nuzzles and purrs finally settling down diagonally across my chest, her front paws touching my cheek and her back legs trailing to the floor at my hips.

I close my eyes and try to meditate. I can feel her relaxing then falling asleep, her head heavy in the crook of my neck. I doze off too and we both wake with a start when the 'phone rings half an hour later.

I don't feel guilty any more.
 
“You could have avoided this.” Exasperation shakes her body violently as she exhales. “Yeah. Don’t think I can remember how I got into this with you.”

“We need help.” He closes his eyes, disgusted with himself. She means the world to him. If there were a way to get through this unscathed, he would do it. There is no way, though.

“Your turn.” Her eyes turn to slits.

He tries to adjust his body weight to lift his hand. Moments later, they tumble in agony, then in laughter.

“Wanna play another game of Twister?”
 
clutching_calliope said:
:kiss: Thank you, my favourite VD who makes girls itchy in the most fabulous places ;) .




They make a cream for that ya know :eek: ;)

Sorry could not resist :eek:
I agree, he does make a girl itchy and then some ... :catroar:

Hmmm, VD and cream. Now that's a hundred word essay ...

*fans self*

stepping back into the shadows to play with ... self~

:p
 
Back
Top