How To Find An Author

Have tried to find an author on the stories' side without success. I can find her posts here on the forum side, but not her stories on the story side. Have tried "Search" without success. This is a complex and difficult site to navigate.

If you have a solution, maybe you could send me a PM or an email as I may never find my way back here.

I really don't like the complexity of this site and the lack of a reliable Search function.

Thanks,
Wendy

One possibility is that jeninflorida never posted any stories. Some people sign up just to comment on the forum. Are you sure she actually posted and under that name?

The other possibility is that she asked to have her stories pulled. People sometimes do that.

Uh, she/he has been banned from the site. I found her profile right off, it says banned. Probably pissed off the owner.

Thanks for the information. I found her profile a few days ago, but saw nothing about her being banned. May have happened recently, or I'm just not familiar enough with the site to have noticed.

There is bound to be a way to find her stories under her name on the story side.

Thanks for the information. I found her profile a few days ago, but saw nothing about her being banned. May have happened recently, or I'm just not familiar enough with the site to have noticed.

There is bound to be a way to find her stories under her name on the story side.
As Zeb says, jeninflorida is banned:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=195360

You will not, therefore, be able to access any stories. That's what "banned" means on Lit - the person is no longer allowed to interact on forums nor post any story content, and you can't get access to existing story content.

There you go, it's not user error on your part.

Were you looking for a type of story ooooor is this your new account after being banned looking for your old stuff?

One possibility is that jeninflorida never posted any stories. Some people sign up just to comment on the forum. Are you sure she actually posted and under that name?

She does seem to have published a couple and although they are no longer on Lit, they are still floating around online. I wonder why the user got banned, or why the stories are a big deal.

There you go, it's not user error on your part.

Were you looking for a type of story ooooor is this your new account after being banned looking for your old stuff?
No, it is my account with my own stories.

In most forums, banned means no access to the forum. Didn't know all previous writings were deleted. She must have been really bad. And it was fairly recently as I saw one of posts last week.

Thanks for all of the replies.

You will not, therefore, be able to access any stories. That's what "banned" means on Lit - the person is no longer allowed to interact on forums nor post any story content, and you can't get access to existing story content.
An alt was banned on forums and still posts and reads stories, and votes and comments, under the banned ID.

An author whose stories can't be found has pulled their content from LIT.

I have run into a couple of her stories with a random story feed in the Lit App. You can still read the stories but you will be tedious to find them.

An alt was banned on forums and still posts and reads stories, and votes and comments, under the banned ID.
I'm curious, how can that happen? If Laurel shuts down an account, how can that ID post content?

There are no stories shown on the banned account's story page, so no stories = no stories that I can see. I know Laurel can purge an account holder's comments, as evidenced by removal of spam comments on a system wide basis, so did she ban for the future but not purge the past? Or issue a time out card? I know that's been done from time to time, which is why alts pop up.

I'm curious, how can that happen? If Laurel shuts down an account, how can that ID post content?

There are no stories shown on the banned account's story page, so no stories = no stories that I can see. I know Laurel can purge an account holder's comments, as evidenced by removal of spam comments on a system wide basis, so did she ban for the future but not purge the past? Or issue a time out card? I know that's been done from time to time, which is why alts pop up.

The account is banned, the stories are still in the database. As I understand it a ban just shuts down certain functions on being the listing of stories on the authors submission page, but the stories are still there in the database. I could probably search for a known title and it would come up.

Like I said, I have seen some of her stories as I go through the random selection for some categories in the Lit App on my phone.

The account is banned, the stories are still in the database. As I understand it a ban just shuts down certain functions on being the listing of stories on the authors submission page, but the stories are still there in the database. I could probably search for a known title and it would come up.
Ah, okay. So you'd need to do some "known title" searches, or otherwise stumble across stories, to read them? Still, shutting down their story listing is a pretty effective gag, I'd have thought.

The forum side and the story side are barely-connected subsystems. A ban from forums does not necessarily affect authorship. I will attest that this is so, that stories can be posted after an account is banned from the forums, even if that account posted no stories previously. That account can also post comments, votes, and faves for stories. Only forum activity is blocked. I do not KNOW if PMs are blocked -- they probably are. But forums and stories are distinct hemispheres of the LIT brain.

Actually, and this is probably a bug int he Lit App, you can get to her profile and her list of stories. She is also still posting on the forums and her forum profile isn't banned.

In the Lit App on an android phone do a search for her.

Hell, even here you can search for a story by author name and get a list of all her stories and read them.

Last edited:
Actually, and this is probably a bug int he Lit App, you can get to her profile and her list of stories. She is also still posting on the forums and her forum profile isn't banned.

In the Lit App on an android phone do a search for her.

Hell, even here you can search for a story by author name and get a list of all her stories and read them.
That pesky Lit App again, huh. It's just like Dick Tracy's watch-phone! Still no reason for me to go use it. I'll keep hammering my stuff out with stone and a chisel ;).

Back