Share a Favorite Quote II

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The voice of the sea is seductive; never ceasing, whispering, clamoring, murmuring, inviting the soul to wander for a spell in abysses of solitude; to lose itself in mazes of inward contemplation. The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace.”

― Kate Chopin
 
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
 
"Soldiers have many faults, but they have one redeeming merit; they are never worshipers of force. Soldiers more than any other men are taught severely and systematically that might is not right."

G. K. Chesterton


a quote my husband always used to reference...i just found the full reference this morning.
 
"If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they'd immediately go out."

— William Blake
 
"There's no substitute for a great love who says, 'No matter what's wrong with you, you're welcome at this table.'"

Tom Hanks
 
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." - Terence McKenna
 
o hell yes

"Soldiers have many faults, but they have one redeeming merit; they are never worshipers of force. Soldiers more than any other men are taught severely and systematically that might is not right."

G. K. Chesterton


a quote my husband always used to reference...i just found the full reference this morning.

Its a failure of diplomacy, and the women and children suffer the most.
 
“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” — Rumi
 
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
- Charles Bukowski
 
"If an individual wants to be a leader and isn't controversial, that means he never stood for anything." - Richard M. Nixon
 
"People react to fear, not love; they don't teach that in Sunday School, but it's true."
- Richard M. Nixon

I love a good Nixon quote. He was definitely one of the wisest men to ever be president.

Still a good quote, not saying it's a good thing but it is true imo
 
tumblr_p3skmylUmy1wxnfn4o1_1280.jpg
 
"The motto of war is: 'Let the strong survive; let the weak die.' The motto of peace is: 'Let the strong help the weak to survive.'"
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
 
"Be confused, it’s where you begin to learn new things. Be broken, it’s where you begin to heal. Be frustrated, it’s where you start to make more authentic decisions. Be sad, because if we are brave enough we can hear our heart’s wisdom through it.

Be whatever you are right now. No more hiding. You are worthy, always." ~SC Lourie
 
Last edited:
A mind that is stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimension. O. W. Holmes, Jr.
 
"If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation." - Don Draper
 
"The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want. And if they can't find them, make them."

G. B. Shaw
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top